X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It would be nice to know how much the grassroots campaign has raised so far

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
      It would be nice to know how much the grassroots campaign has raised so far
      I believe 1972Shocker or maybe it was someone else, had an idea like this..

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I believe 1972Shocker or maybe it was someone else, had an idea like this..

Allegedly they're working on adding something like this to the Wheatshock or whatever they're called website.

Comment

• I'm ready to donate to the new NIL collective, but I'm still hesitant to dive-in, until I see more information. Maybe it's just me?

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
            Every time I come in here and read something like this, it just reaffirms how over I am of college athletics. Children out of High School, many who will never be good enough for the NBA, coming to college with barely enough knowledge to reboot their IPHONE, commanding 6-figure incomes.

It's the tail wagging the dog, child worship, plain and simple - which eventually leads to dysfunctional adults.

Those decrying the collapse of "America", need to take a very hard look at themselves. Poor parenting got us to where we are today. And by poor, I mean soft-ass enabling helicopter/bulldozers. That's a two-party problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Every time I come in here and read something like this, it just reaffirms how over I am of college athletics. Children out of High School, many who will never be good enough for the NBA, coming to college with barely enough knowledge to reboot their IPHONE, commanding 6-figure incomes.

It's the tail wagging the dog, child worship, plain and simple - which eventually leads to dysfunctional adults.

Those decrying the collapse of "America", need to take a very hard look at themselves. Poor parenting got us to where we are today. And by poor, I mean soft-ass enabling helicopter/bulldozers. That's a two-party problem.
              Ok, who hacked CB’s account and is making a sane and accurate statement?

Comment

• Today I decided that I'm never giving a nickel to those little ****ers. And I don't care what that means for Shocker athletics. I will support the athletic programs directly, but no ransom payments to children - ever.

I might be for a concept that compensates players AFTER they graduate and AFTER they actually achieved something on the court.

Comment

• Go to any major college football game (I'm talking LSU, A&M, Georgia, Ohio State, etc.) and spend about 2 hours walking through miles and miles of million dollar RVs. At that point, you'll see how much money these boosters/colleges have at their disposal and how important it is for these boosters to root for a winning program.

Comment

• Making every single one of our Final Four starting 5 millionaires at the conclusion of that glorious season, would have made a lot more sense than the bullshit I'm seeing now.

Two players off that roster became millionaires on their own (and they weren't even starting).

Ron
                    Fred

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                      Making every single one of our Final Four starting 5 millionaires at the conclusion of that glorious season, would have made a lot more sense than the bullshit I'm seeing now.

Two players off that roster became millionaires on their own (and they weren't even starting).

Ron
                      Fred
                      I think Cle earned over a million total ... not that it didn't get taxed into oblivion, but that should count too?
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I think Cle earned over a million total ... not that it didn't get taxed into oblivion, but that should count too?
                        Unfortunately, Cle spent one too many nights in a boobie joint. I can't fathom how much that mistake cost him in future earnings... guessing 'generational wealth'; of course he might have pissed it all away anyway.

Comment

Unfortunately, Cle spent one too many nights in a boobie joint. I can't fathom how much that mistake cost him in future earnings... guessing 'generational wealth'; of course he might have pissed it all away anyway.
                          It was sad. All that hard work his entire youth to finally make it to the top of his sport and ... *poof*.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• The Cle situation was sad, but he was likely on his way out of the Knicks. I'm not sure that the situation really ended his NBA career. I'm sure he's making plenty of money overseas anways.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                              The Cle situation was sad, but he was likely on his way out of the Knicks. I'm not sure that the situation really ended his NBA career. I'm sure he's making plenty of money overseas anways.
                              Well, up to Jan 2023 anyway. The team he was with, terminated his contract and no other listings are shown after that. He will be turning 33 in a couple of weeks.

Comment

I'm ready to donate to the new NIL collective, but I'm still hesitant to dive-in, until I see more information. Maybe it's just me?

This clip is great. He doesn't look anything like Rodney Dangerfield. Back to School is a fun flick!

Oh. And it's you.

Comment

Working...
                                X