A New Type of NIL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

Lmfao nope. Don’t even need to read it to know it’s completely not true. If you’ve got money, sure you get a lot of house for that money. But for young professionals, especially in the field of tech, the opportunities are abysmal. Don’t even want to talk about the investing mindset in new companies, or a number of initiatives that could be in place to inspire growth. Talent is actively leaving the city. I like wichita but it took leaving Wichita for me to reach the opportunities I had. Don’t mean to be harsh but that’s the truth from someone who grinded
    Same. I still have family there. Daughter in her 3rd year at WSU. I visit as much as I can. But I wouldn't be where I am right now had I remained up there. And either would my wife.

Love Wichita, but not in a hurry to move back at this point. Just wouldn't make sense for me. If it makes sense to move back at some point that is perfectly fine. Right now I don't see it happening though.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Wichita is a great place to be from.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Reluctantly I would have to agree with the previous posters. It makes me sad to admit it because I love Wichita and think there are many many great things about it. My career took off exponentially once I left. Not sure how much of that is due to Wichita itself or just the fact that I moved to a much larger city.

Comment

• It ain't the same Wichita you left...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Start spreadin' the news
              I'm leavin' today
              I want to be a part of it
              the new Wichita, Wichita
              These worn-out shoes
              Are longing to stray
              Right through the very heart of it
              Wichita, Wichita
              I want to wake up
              In a city that actually SLEEPS
              And find I'm king of the hill
              Top of the heap
              These large-town blues
              Are melting away
              I'll make a brand new start of it
              In new Wichita, Wichita
              If I can make it there
              I'll make it
              Anywhere
              It's up to you
              Wichita, Wichita...

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                Reluctantly I would have to agree with the previous posters. It makes me sad to admit it because I love Wichita and think there are many many great things about it. My career took off exponentially once I left. Not sure how much of that is due to Wichita itself or just the fact that I moved to a much larger city.
                Sanitation Engineering? Or one of those rural Industry titan/CEO-savior types like shock who can singlehandedly make a one stoplight town shudder with the flick of his pinky ring?

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

So much fraud in those photos.

Unblur the bottom pic's "traffic" and you'll see a single, rusted out Chevy pickup in the left lane with no muffler, and 3 transients in the right lane wielding shopping carts...

Comment

• I left Wichita for work as well. But now that I'm retired, I'd be back in the area in a heartbeat if it weren't for my wife caring for her mother.

Comment

• Wichita has been 'tremendous' for me and my family for many generations. From the Chisholm Trail cattle drives, to Clyde Cessna and the Air Capital, to our continued Entrepreneurial spirit. B-b-b-baby, you ain't seen nothin' yet"...

That is all!

Oops, but wait, there's more...

Comment

• I left Wichita for better opportunities. Ended up transitioning into fully remote and coming back here, mostly for my wife’s sake - but the Shockers made it fine for me too. I do miss the opportunities, weather, scenery, and a lot more about the west coast but I’m fine here.
                        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                          I left Wichita for better opportunities. Ended up transitioning into fully remote and coming back here, mostly for my wife’s sake - but the Shockers made it fine for me too. I do miss the opportunities, weather, scenery, and a lot more about the west coast but I’m fine here.
                          You'll always be The Man!

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

You'll always be The Man!

Still brings a smile to my face!

Comment

• People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X