No announcement yet.

A New Type of NIL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m in. I’m able to contribute so I will.

I already sent my SASO contribution even though I’m not renewing my season tickets. I will still go to some games next year but the fun has been tempered with the death of my best friend and the death of my brother. Getting older sucks.

Comment

• I imagine that women's basketball number, and the numbers for any other sports are based on what they believe will be necessary to compete in the AAC. Other conference schools probably place women's basketball ahead of baseball, volleyball and softball in priority.

Comment

• It would be interesting to have a tracker on the NIL website that shows numbers of donors and funds raised, sorta like they do on GoFundMe. Maybe it would inspire others to give if they could see how close or far we are from the goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          It would be interesting to have a tracker on the NIL website that shows numbers of donors and funds raised, sorta like they do on GoFundMe. Maybe it would inspire others to give if they could see how close or far we are from the goal.
          I agree I had previously mentioned a fund thermometer.

image.png

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Did he really say he needs 300k-400k for women's basketball?

Maybe I missed it but did he touch on the Alston Grant/Awards and how that fits in with this?
            Yeah, this is what I have a huge problem with. 100k for softball, 300-500k for baseball sure. But 6 figures for WBB? Think he said 200k for softball? I am not a fan of that at all. Top 120 in all sports makes us irrelevant nationally. Hell, top 25 in everything but MBB makes us irrelevant. The goal should be top 30 in hoops, top 50 in baseball and top half in everything else
            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• I have no problem throwing a little extra money at softball. They have been nationally relevant for quite a few years now. Yes, MBB and BSB should get the lions share, but no problem if Softball is the 3rd after that .

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post
                I’m in. I’m able to contribute so I will.

I already sent my SASO contribution even though I’m not renewing my season tickets. I will still go to some games next year but the fun has been tempered with the death of my best friend and the death of my brother. Getting older sucks.
                So sorry for your loss.

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

Yeah, this is what I have a huge problem with. 100k for softball, 300-500k for baseball sure. But 6 figures for WBB? Think he said 200k for softball? I am not a fan of that at all. Top 120 in all sports makes us irrelevant nationally. Hell, top 25 in everything but MBB makes us irrelevant. The goal should be top 30 in hoops, top 50 in baseball and top half in everything else
                  Yeah. That figure for WBB doesn't compute. What is the pie in the sky ROI on that figure? Break even? Sure smells like Title IX territory stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

So sorry for your loss.

This

Comment

• I’m in for 500. Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

Yeah. That figure for WBB doesn't compute. What is the pie in the sky ROI on that figure? Break even? Sure smells like Title IX territory stuff.
                        Someone should ask ADKS about this. He seems to be pretty transparent so I would bet he'd give a substantive answer if asked.

Comment

• Do we know exactly which sports are under the NIL? Since they have an overall goal amount, shouldn't we know a little clearer what percentage range of that goal that they are allocating to each of the eligible men's and women's NIL sports is to be? Does all contributions to NIL have to get divided up or can one specify more or all to a sport. I agree with others here that the important sports to fans may very well be different than what the athletic department deems them to be. I would not want to see a more successful sport suffer to a too low % of NIL to a program that has not been successful or as relevant to the sports' fan base.

Yes, I'm old fashion. I do not enjoy women's basketball as much as volleyball or softball, because it is the exact same sport at a lower level of play. Softball is enough different from baseball. Besides, I think a lot of our men on the baseball team would have a real hard time trying to hit that big ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                            Yes, I'm old fashion. I do not enjoy women's basketball as much as volleyball or softball, because it is the exact same sport at a MUCH lower level of play. Softball is enough different from baseball. Besides, I think a lot of our men on the baseball team would have a real hard time trying to hit that big ball.
                            FIFY.

That baseball players trying to hit the softball pitchers thing might make for an interesting fundraiser.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

FIFY.

That baseball players trying to hit the softball pitchers thing might make for an interesting fundraiser.
                              Thanks for the correction, but I was trying to be nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                                Do we know exactly which sports are under the NIL? Since they have an overall goal amount, shouldn't we know a little clearer what percentage range of that goal that they are allocating to each of the eligible men's and women's NIL sports is to be? Does all contributions to NIL have to get divided up or can one specify more or all to a sport. I agree with others here that the important sports to fans may very well be different than what the athletic department deems them to be. I would not want to see a more successful sport suffer to a too low % of NIL to a program that has not been successful or as relevant to the sports' fan base.

Yes, I'm old fashion. I do not enjoy women's basketball as much as volleyball or softball, because it is the exact same sport at a lower level of play. Softball is enough different from baseball. Besides, I think a lot of our men on the baseball team would have a real hard time trying to hit that big ball.
                                It's already been mentioned you can earmark a donation for a certain sport.

And if one wanted to do the math, based on the quick numbers that Saal threw out about how much he wants to see available for Basketball....etc. I am sure we could piece that information together some. At least ballpark....
                                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X