A New Type of NIL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

As someone who has been to multiple beach volleyball games, I can say the following about attendance.

1) There are old men
    2) There are more old women
    3) There are even more young men
    4) There are mostly young women

Seems like a win for everyone.

I wonder what makes all the men, young and old want to attend?

Comment

• I may be old but I’m not blind……..

Comment

• Originally posted by Overtime View Post
        I just pledged $50 per month, $600 per year. I have no idea if it is possible, but 5000 small donors pledging $50 per month as per ADKS’s suggestion, would be in excess of $2.5 million per year. That seems like a really good start. I don’t like what is happening with college athletics, but as Kennedy says, it’s the system we have to operate under if we want to compete.
        If they want $2.5 million, then 5000 people x $500/yr isn’t the way to go. Gotta branch it out. Something like…

1 x $500,000
        5 x $100,000
        10 x $25,000
        25 x $10,000
        50 x $5,000
        250 x $1,000
        100 x $500

Same amount of money. A tenth of the people needed.

But what the hell do I know?
        78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

If they want $2.5 million, then 5000 people x $500/yr isn’t the way to go. Gotta branch it out. Something like…

1 x $500,000
          5 x $100,000
          10 x $25,000
          25 x $10,000
          50 x $5,000
          250 x $1,000
          100 x $500

Same amount of money. A tenth of the people needed.

But what the hell do I know?
          You ask 5000 to give $500 and half of them will give more. Go for volume to capture more donors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

You ask 5000 to give $500 and half of them will give more. Go for volume to capture more donors.
            And a good chunk of those donors will give you less than $500.

I will be STUNNED if you can find 5,000 separate donors to give to NIL. I’d guess that there are maybe 1,000-1,500 men’s basketball season ticket accounts right now. You’re gonna find quadruple that to give to NIL? I mean, the biggest reason people don’t give is that they aren’t asked, so you can certainly put it out there to the masses. But 5k donors seems awfully lofty.
            78-65

Comment

I will be STUNNED if you can find 5,000 separate donors to give to NIL. I’d guess that there are maybe 1,000-1,500 men’s basketball season ticket accounts right now. You’re gonna find quadruple that to give to NIL? I mean, the biggest reason people don’t give is that they aren’t asked, so you can certainly put it out there to the masses. But 5k donors seems awfully lofty.
              That’s why we need a white elephant.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Bake sale?
                Car wash?
                World's Finest Chocolate?

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  Bake sale?
                  Car wash?
                  World's Finest Chocolate?
                  Cheerleader car wash? I'll personally get my car washed enough times to fund the Men's basketball NIL ... especially if "the coach" is involved ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Cheerleader car wash? I'll personally get my car washed enough times to fund the Men's basketball NIL ... especially if "the coach" is involved ...
                    These are the ideas I'M here for........

Comment

Not sure what it says that you were the first person I thought of when I read his post.

Clearly it says that I'm brilliant.

Comment

• Revenge of the Nerds, “That’s my pie” bake sale.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Swimsuit calendar. Have one with the lady athletes and one of the male athletes. Will have a version for everyone. Let’s not pretend this isn’t already being done by folks like Olivia Dunne…and it would be totally up to the athletes to participate or not.

Comment

• Comment

I haven’t lived in Wichita for 35 years but have followed the basketball and baseball programs from afar. So I’m not a SASO or season ticket holder. But I just joined Wheatshocker Collective to do my small, monthly part. Maybe there are other out of area Shocker fans who are doing the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post

I haven’t lived in Wichita for 35 years but have followed the basketball and baseball programs from afar. So I’m not a SASO or season ticket holder. But I just joined Wheatshocker Collective to do my small, monthly part. Maybe there are other out of area Shocker fans who are doing the same.
                                Yup, there are.
                                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X