No announcement yet.

WICHITA STATE (11-17, 3-12), At (UAB 18-9, 10-4) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the celebration ended right after the players walked off the court. This team has to string together some consistency.

Comment

• Down at coffee this morning, I asked one of the guys (a season ticketholder), "hey did ya watch the Shox last night?" He replied, "guess I should have. I watched the K-state girls."

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
        I really really really really don’t want to jump into this whole point guard discussion, but I can’t help it.

This is what I believe, take it or leave it.

PM thought he had Abmas pretty much in the bag. In fact, most recruiting “experts” had Abmas coming to WSU. By the time Abmas finally committed to Texas (on or about April 26th), there were few quality PG’s available.

Between that time and the time PM was hired, if you were a PG looking to play, you absolutely wouldn’t pick WSU because you would figure Abmas was going here and would get all the playing time. Other PG’s moved on.

Again, my opinion, take it or leave it.
        My understanding of the events tracks 100% in line with this, which is specifically why the NIL along with douche nozzle Jay Bilas and his cronies have ruined college basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

My understanding of the events tracks 100% in line with this, which is specifically why the NIL along with douche nozzle Jay Bilas and his cronies have ruined college basketball.
          Bingo.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

As a side note I just learned that douche nozzle was two words.

Comment

Side comment about Jay Bilas. I laughed so hard at his uproar about the Duke player who tripped and shoved a fan then faked an injury this week. His comments that they should start arresting people who storm the court was hilarious.

Good for the Duke player though .. had to be carried off the floor screaming in pain only to not miss a single minute of the next game 3 days later. First player to ever come back from needing a full amputation to playing within a week.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

Mills had to have had even a soft commit or something from Abmas to completely ignore the position, only for Abmas to change his mind later. I mean, no blame to him, and Mills cant get too mad about that. Abmas did him good for a while already, so he probably was scrambling to figure something out by then. Enter Cortes, and enter our demise.

If this is the case, I do blame Abmas. If you tell someone you're going to do something you better do it if you ever want to be taken seriously again. For this reason, I have been enjoying Texas struggling this year immensely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Side comment about Jay Bilas. I laughed so hard at his uproar about the Duke player who tripped and shoved a fan then faked an injury this week. His comments that they should start arresting people who storm the court was hilarious.

Good for the Duke player though .. had to be carried off the floor screaming in pain only to not miss a single minute of the next game 3 days later. First player to ever come back from needing a full amputation to playing within a week.
                  Has a future in soccer.

Comment

blah blah blah blah blah .... blah blah blah. I'm sorry your brain can't comprehend reality.

The team leading the conference by THREE FULL GAMES and has locked up the conference title with 3 to go had a full week LESS than Mills to look through the SAME portal.
                    I'm sure the three players the coach brought with him from an NCAA tournament team has nothing to do with their success, either.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

I'm sure the three players the coach brought with him from an NCAA tournament team has nothing to do with their success, either.
                      That's called recruiting. Good job for him and bad job by Mills in not bringing anyone from HIS ncaa tournament team. Thanks for pointing that out there. Just furthers my point.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

coaches can do that? Weird that ours wasn't able to bring in some of his best players.

Comment

That's called recruiting. Good job for him and bad job by Mills in not bringing anyone from HIS ncaa tournament team. Thanks for pointing that out there. Just furthers my point.
                          yes, it does

Comment

That's not recruiting. He took his entire staff to USF with him, so there was no incentive for those kids to stay at Kennsaw State. You keep acting like there's a 1:1 comparison between USF and WSU and you're just wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

coaches can do that? Weird that ours wasn't able to bring in some of his best players.
                              Didn't you hear? .. all the roadblocks for new coaches are specifically called out in the rule book as only applying to WSU. I hear Isaac Brown asked them to put them in place when he left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Well, one took a bag at one of the most known universities in the country in the best conference in the country, and the other is a center who doesn't play for Mizzou.

Comment

Working...
                                X