WICHITA STATE (11-17, 3-12), At (UAB 18-9, 10-4) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
    I have been critical of Pohto this year because he has been bad most of the year.
    Not tonight. He was very good tonight. It seems like it is mental with him. Wish he could get his head right consistently.
    Needs to spend the summer living / training with Quincy Acy

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      1.It's a win
      2. UAB is better than us, but the best team does not always win
      3. Far too rough, both teams shoulda shot 40 FTs
      4. Amazing how our guards choked the last 3-4 minutes
      5. We outrebounded them
      6. Good shooting covers a multitude of mistakes
      7. Does this take the heat off?
      8. Shoot 53% from 3, ya prolly win
      9. UAB has some STUDS
      10. 18 TO's oughta beatcha, but didn't
      11. 9-10 FT’s second half (Bell 6-6, even though he had 5-6 offsetting turnovers down the stretch)
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• UAB has still never beat these Shocks.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
          Kinda awkward looking when HCPM was pulling away from the sideline reporter chic at the end of the game. She had to call him back as he was bailing. What was that about? Does he not want any facetime? Weird.
          I think he was thinking they just wanted Colby because he was waving Colby over

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

And this idiot staff couldn't find someone better than him
            Stick,
            I will type the as slowly as possible so maybe you will have enough time to comprehend.
            I have explained in past multiple posts, that HCPM took over the job late in the recruiting process.
            There was little left in the portal to choose from. Anyone worthwhile had already been bought and paid for.

So...pay close attention here...he had to choose from the likes of Beverly, Cortes etc. He got really lucky when Ridgnal came available out of nowhere.
            If there had been a high level PG available, he would have jumped on it.
            Point is...now pay close attention here again...THERE WEREN'T ANY AVAILABLE!

So he had what he was left with by your good friend IB.
            That is all.
            Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
              Went back and watched the replay of the missed one and one where the UAB player got his own rebound. Radio guys were saying he was over early. He might've been over just a tiny bit early but it wasn't that bad. What was much more egregious was Beverly and Rogers just standing there and letting him run right through them. Neither made any attempt to put a body on the free throw shooter. It's just basketball 101. Stuff that isn't being taught by this coach apparently
              A college coach shouldn't have to teach that. It's learned in middle school.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Stick,
                I will type the as slowly as possible so maybe you will have enough time to comprehend.
                I have explained in past multiple posts, that HCPM took over the job late in the recruiting process.
                There was little left in the portal to choose from. Anyone worthwhile had already been bought and paid for.

So...pay close attention here...he had to choose from the likes of Beverly, Cortes etc. He got really lucky when Ridgnal came available out of nowhere.
                If there had been a high level PG available, he would have jumped on it.
                Point is...now pay close attention here again...THERE WEREN'T ANY AVAILABLE!

So he had what he was left with by your good friend IB.
                That is all.
                blah blah blah blah blah .... blah blah blah. I'm sorry your brain can't comprehend reality.

The team leading the conference by THREE FULL GAMES and has locked up the conference title with 3 to go had a full week LESS than Mills to look through the SAME portal.

So pay close attention here ... Stop with the dumbass excuse that "there was little left in the portal". Its factually incorrect and tiring to hear you try to blame Mills problems on Brown. Brown was not a good coach, he needed to go. He's not my good friend. It does appear that he's your sworn enemy though and you are putting a LOT of the blame that goes on Mills on Brown.

That is all

Comment

• I’m typically a glass half-full guy, but I’ve become pretty half-empty the second half of the season. I know how losses wear on me; I can’t imagine how they wear on a coach and players.

I'm happy to see the team and coaches enjoying a little success.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                    I’m typically a glass half-full guy, but I’ve become pretty half-empty the second half of the season. I know how losses wear on me; I can’t imagine how they wear on a coach and players.

I'm happy to see the team and coaches enjoying a little success.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C36rP...AwM2Yza3ZpamM5
                    I hope they enjoy the win .. then dig into the tape ..because there are both some really good things and some REALLY bad things from this game.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

A college coach shouldn't have to teach that. It's learned in middle school.
                      Maybe shouldn't have to, but obviously needs to. So if that's what he needs to do he oughta do it. That' coaching.
                      "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• Eric Gaines is a solid player. He was picked 1st team Preseason All Conference by Lindy's Sport Mag.in the AAC.

Tonight, Eric Gaines scored 0 points. That was huge.
                        Last edited by forevershockerfan; February 28, 2024, 10:19 PM.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                          Eric Gaines is a solid player. He was picked 1st team Preseason All Conference in the AAC. Tonight, Eric Gaines scored
                          0 points. That was huge.
                          There were definitely some really good segments of defense. Better than we've done most of the year. At least when we had time to set up. The constant turnovers really prevented us from getting set and gave up too many easy buckets in their run.

Comment

• Coach Mills ran a very good play on the sideline out of bounds play with 2 seconds on the shot clock. He put IA in to catch a lob. Unfortunately he had the worst passing guard in the league throw the pass to IA. Might have been the worst lob pass I have ever seen.
                            p.s. Coach Mills please quit calling Xavier Bell “X”. There is only one player allowed to be called “X” in Wichita State history, and it isn’t Bell!

Comment

• If there’s a positive to this game, it’s that we folded but didn’t collapse. Maybe we can learn something from it and gain a little confidence going into the final 2 games. I know it’s a long shot, but if we can sweep, maybe we avoid Wednesday. One game at a time.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox7 View Post
                                Coach Mills ran a very good play on the sideline out of bounds play with 2 seconds on the shot clock. He put IA in to catch a lob. Unfortunately he had the worst passing guard in the league throw the pass to IA. Might have been the worst lob pass I have ever seen.
                                p.s. Coach Mills please quit calling Xavier Bell “X”. There is only one player allowed to be called “X” in Wichita State history, and it isn’t Bell!
                                That play just about summed up the season....

"Holy ****, we did something good???"

.. Abidde falls on his ass..

"Wait no nevermind"

Comment

Working...
                                X