WICHITA STATE (11-17, 3-12), At (UAB 18-9, 10-4) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WICHITA STATE (11-17, 3-12), At (UAB 18-9, 10-4) Game Thread

Rice defeated UAB by 25. Didn't see that coming. A 1-point Shocker victory would be be groovy. Go Shocks!
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

+ 7.5

Comment

My prediction is that they beat the hell out of us and then we all complain.

Comment

Rice has a more potentially explosive offense than we do. Like us, they aren't generally all that great on D, but they are probably better than us on O on most nights.

We really have no business beating the Dragons in Birmingham.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          I look forward to the complaining at this point.

Comment

I predict that:
            Bell will drive left handed, and shoot several floaters.
            Beverly will attempt a layup that you would normally only see in a game of h-o-r-s-e.
            Cortes will make a nice pass to QB, then promptly turn the ball over 3 straight times.
            Colby will shoot and make a 3, but miss a layup.
            DR will get a handful of rebounds, play 8 minutes and get into at least one scuffle.
            DeGray will, well…I’m not sure what DeGray does.
            Pohto will miss multiple shots by the rim, and get a few others blocked by a 6 foot guard.
            QB will go 5 for 5, all on dunks…along with 5 blocks, then not see the court for the rest of the game.
            The 15 managers will handle every possible stat known to man, and give it to Mills so he can calculate it to the curvature of the earth.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                I predict that:
                Beverly will attempt a layup that you would normally only see in a game of h-o-r-s-e.
                Cortes will make a nice pass to QB, then promptly turn the ball over 3 straight times.
                DR will get a handful of rebounds, play 8 minutes and get into at least one scuffle.
                Pohto will miss multiple shots by the rim, and get a few others blocked by a 6 foot guard.
                QB will go 5 for 5, all on dunks…along with 5 blocks, then not see the court for the rest of the game.
                The 15 managers will handle every possible stat known to man, and give it to Mills so he can calculate it to the curvature of the earth.
                I don't think reading espn play by play from past dozen or so Shocker games can be called "predicting" anything.

Comment

I predict that:
                  The best way to solve this problem is.... Funnel our NIL budget into getting better stat managers

Comment

We ARE predictable which is why I have been advocating a shakeup. Until that happens teams will keep sagging off of HB clogging up the lane for XB and our centers to operate. We are a sniper or two away from a pretty good offense but we just don't have them. UAB 75-70

Comment

I predict that:
                      A+ effort.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I predict I’ll wake up to a loss and some incredible surprise that continues to drag our moral lower. Hate to be that guy, but that’s the trend lately, and nothing indicates it’ll go the other way.

Comment

Let's look at this stat b4 this road game this very night. Don't get comfortable with even a 11 pt. Halftime lead. Of our 12 AAC loses, WSU had 5 leads at halftime in this here AAC.

WSU had leads at halftime as mentioned below but still lost.

WSU was ahead at halftime by : 1. FAU by 11. 2. Tulsa by 11. 3. Tulsa by 10. 4. Memphis by 6 pt. 5. USF by 3.

What does this mean in these 40 minute games?
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I predict we will lose and I probably won’t watch since it’s on ESPN+. Why couldn’t we be in a FS1/2 conference?

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                              Let's look at this stat b4 this road game this very night. Don't get comfortable with even a 11 pt. Halftime lead. Of our 12 AAC loses, WSU had 5 leads at halftime in this here AAC.

WSU had leads at halftime as mentioned below but still lost.

WSU was ahead at halftime by : 1. FAU by 11. 2. Tulsa by 11. 3. Tulsa by 10. 4. Memphis by 6 pt. 5. USF by 3.

What does this mean in these 40 minute games?
                              We've probably been over this ground but, consistently being outplayed in the second half is one of two things, either poor conditioning or poor coaching.

Comment

Working...
                              X