FAU (18-5, 8--2) at WSU (10-13, 2-8) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn Zebras. Grrrr
    Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• When did the zebras quit calling hook on guys with the ball. Their big hooked our defenders numerous times to get around them. Is that legal these days?

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

I agree with all of this except for I thought the offense was pretty good today. Anytime you shoot over 50% is outstanding
        When the shots are going in, the stats make it look better. But that still doesnt mean an offense is being run or it isnt predictable.

It seemed like at one point Bell just drove into the lane without the ball leaving his hands for a drive into the trees at least 5 or 6 times in a row. That's it. I mean he made a few today but if I wanted to watch that every time down the floor, I would just save some money and go over to El Dorado and watch a Butler game.

Nothing must be going on at practices. The one thing I hate watching Mills do at games is seemingly not react to anything. Just very robotic and emotionless and predictable. Solid attributes to get a fanbase fired up during a game.
        Last edited by ShockerFever; February 11, 2024, 11:06 PM.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Anyone who says this team isn’t well coached needs to log off and just not talk about basketball. Is mills perfect? No. But… The growth by this team has been tremendous. Someone said the playbook has 1000 plays. That might be hyperbole but I don’t think it’s by much. It would make sense that there are reactions the players are supposed to take based on how the defense responds to the motion and that can be incredibly hard for an entire team to learn all at once. WSU will be fine long term, and there looks to be a legit chance that this team will make some noise in the AAC tournament.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
            Anyone who says this team isn’t well coached needs to log off and just not talk about basketball. Is mills perfect? No. But… The growth by this team has been tremendous.
            I believe the team has shown growth over the last few games, but the bar was set pretty low after the rough stretch starting in mid-Dec.

Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Anyone who says this team isn’t well coached needs to log off and just not talk about basketball. Is mills perfect? No. But… The growth by this team has been tremendous. Someone said the playbook has 1000 plays. That might be hyperbole but I don’t think it’s by much. It would make sense that there are reactions the players are supposed to take based on how the defense responds to the motion and that can be incredibly hard for an entire team to learn all at once. WSU will be fine long term, and there looks to be a legit chance that this team will make some noise in the AAC tournament.
              I don’t necessarily disagree with your last sentence at all. However, I find it tough to believe that they have much more than 2 wins in Ft. Worth (which would be great at this point). That’s why I’ve taken a page from DrWu and tried to follow what the other teams are doing record-wise to avoid playing on Wednesday.

If they can play starting Thursday, and win…getting to Saturday would be monumental. Imo…playing on Wednesday, there’s no way they have enough gas to get to Saturday let alone Sunday-but I’m hopefully wrong.

Comment

• We keep losing but we are dangerous. Once again as I have repeatedly pointed out assists to turnovers is our biggest problem. Has been all season long.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                  We keep losing but we are dangerous. Once again as I have repeatedly pointed out assists to turnovers is our biggest problem. Has been all season long.
                  I could even live with the low assists if we could cut the turnovers in half.

Comment

Anyone who says this team isn’t well coached needs to log off and just not talk about basketball. Is mills perfect? No. But… The growth by this team has been tremendous. Someone said the playbook has 1000 plays. That might be hyperbole but I don’t think it’s by much. It would make sense that there are reactions the players are supposed to take based on how the defense responds to the motion and that can be incredibly hard for an entire team to learn all at once. WSU will be fine long term, and there looks to be a legit chance that this team will make some noise in the AAC tournament.
                    I wanted to reply to this but I can't quit laughing.
                    "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• I think we can compete with most of the conference if we can continue to shoot above 50%

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post

I believe the team has shown growth over the last few games, but the bar was set pretty low after the rough stretch starting in mid-Dec.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I tore both ACLs just watching that video. That said, she's, uh, flexible to say the least!
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• I liked this team last year on their final four run and this year until I saw them in person.

I really kind of hate them now. The players and the coach whine about everything. There fans are disrespectful and obnoxious. It is so obvious they have never been there before. Walking around an opposing team's arena at halftime, up two, "chanting FAU, FAU". Going by a trophy case and loudly announcing, "That all they have, we have more than that".

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
                              I liked this team last year on their final four run and this year until I saw them in person.

I really kind of hate them now. The players and the coach whine about everything. There fans are disrespectful and obnoxious. It is so obvious they have never been there before. Walking around an opposing team's arena at halftime, up two, "chanting FAU, FAU". Going by a trophy case and loudly announcing, "That all they have, we have more than that".
                              Weird for a program that had never won a post-season game until last year and is more likely to be irrelevant for the next five years than they are to be relevant. They're one or two losses away from not even making the tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
                                I liked this team last year on their final four run and this year until I saw them in person.

Yea i mentioned earlier, wasn't impressed with their fanbase at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X