(UTSA 8-14, 2-7), at (WSU 9-13, 1-8) GAME THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Shockers HAVE to win. You hear me HCPM??? They just gotta. I've got 4 points riding on this game in the pick'em. Going out on a strong, sturdy BRANCH of a tree, not a limb. Ballard to finish with 15 points 6 rebounds and 5 blocks as the Shox roll to an 18 point win. Go Shox!

Oh so oh so close.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
      Well....we aren't in last place
      Yay! We're all getting ice cream after the game!

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Oh so oh so close.
        A little off on the Ballard prediction....but not by all that much honestly lol

11 pts 6 rebs 3 blocks
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Well....we aren't in last place
          Indeed. A win is a win and always feels better - even if UTSA was awful tonight.

Dare I even ask - after looking at the upcoming schedule, could WSU win enough of what's left to avoid playing on Wednesday in Dallas?

Just asking...

That is all.
          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Wins are always nice. Fun game to attend.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Indeed. A win is a win and always feels better - even if UTSA was awful tonight.

Dare I even ask - after looking at the upcoming schedule, could WSU win enough of what's left to avoid playing on Wednesday in Dallas?

Just asking...

That is all.
              Honestly.....I am not going to expect it.....but yes, they could.

Just gotta keep playing with a purpose.
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Last 2 games Shockers have led something like 76 mins I think. Unfortunately only resulted in 1 win.

But they have played better, even if it is mostly just with their effort. Also against 1 team with chemistry issues and another that is just plain bad.

Comment

Honestly.....I am not going to expect it.....but yes, they could.

Just gotta keep playing with a purpose.
                  The schedule definitely lightens up. But it depends on if we get the Shockers like tonight or the Shockers like versus Tulsa

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

The schedule definitely lightens up. But it depends on if we get the Shockers like tonight or the Shockers like versus Tulsa
                    Yep. Exactly why I am not gonna expect it. Lol

I agree.

Comment

• Helps that it looks like Rice and Tulsa will both lose tonight

Unfortunately could use Memphis beating Temple tomorrow.

Comment

• With three more blocks against UTSA, Ballard (53) moved into ninth place on WSU’s all-time blocks list for a single season. With at least nine games left on WSU’s schedule, Ballard could challenge the 62-year-old program record of 80 blocks held by Gene Wiley from the 1961-62 season. The second-most in WSU history is 69 blocks by Robert Elmore from 1976-77.

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          With three more blocks against UTSA, Ballard (53) moved into ninth place on WSU’s all-time blocks list for a single season. With at least nine games left on WSU’s schedule, Ballard could challenge the 62-year-old program record of 80 blocks held by Gene Wiley from the 1961-62 season. The second-most in WSU history is 69 blocks by Robert Elmore from 1976-77.

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy
                          I think Elmore's will be reachable. Mathmatically so is Wiley's....but I doubt it.

Comment

• I am also surprised teams still challenge Ballard like they do. Of course he is good at closing off on someone driving. They probably feel they have a chance.

I remember Orupke would have blocked so many more shots, but it got to where guards would immediately turn around and dribble out when they saw him standing there lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

The Brett Barney hook was unmatched
                              Brett’s baby hook was money!

Comment

• 15-15 Throws works for me. Beverly and Colby played like we need next game.
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X