(UTSA 8-14, 2-7), at (WSU 9-13, 1-8) GAME THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    Can anyone name me a few reserve centers with better stats than KP? What if QB hurts his back again? Can QB play thirty minutes or more without it adversely effecting his game? Don't understand the negativity several of you have re him or your lack of understanding about his value to the team. Sometimes I wonder about the BBIQ of some posters.
    KP was much better last night. He aggressively went after rebounds and looked more energized. He is fine as the backup center. He just can't elevate and tends to play smaller than he should. He was knocked over by the guy running on the floor with the Shocker flag during warmups. It was actually quite funny. QB changes our defense significantly when he is in and it is natural to compare the 2.
    I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• 15-15 on freebees last night. I don’t care who we’re playing, that is therapy to these old bones. Q’s free throw improvement rivals Henry Carr's of yesteryear.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

KP has had some good games, but they are few and far between. He could develope to be a great player if he added some weight, improved his vertical jump ability and became more physical in his playing style. But I think his mentality doesn't allow for physical play. That used to be ok, in the old days, but today you better be physical.
        And yes he had some good games last year as well, but I've just never been impressed overall.
        Sorry, but KP can not develop into a great player. It’s like saying Happy Gilmore could win majors on the PGA Tour if he would adopt a traditional swing, work on his driving, irons, putting and mental approach. KP, although a good kid, doesn’t have the game to excel at this level…sorry! He was a swing and a miss.

Comment

• Like I keep saying - the center position is NOT the teams problem it is it's strength. Assists to turnovers is our most glaring weakness.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Sorry, but PM can not develop into a great player. It’s like saying Happy Gilmore could win majors on the PGA Tour if he would adopt a traditional swing, work on his driving, irons, putting and mental approach. PM, although a good kid, doesn’t have the game to excel at this level…sorry! He was a swing and a miss.
            Changed the initials for a post from SN circa 2004-2005.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
            Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Yeah, this is not a one problem team and all positions are contributing to the difficulties.

Comment

Like I keep saying - the center position is NOT the teams problem it is it's strength. Assists to turnovers is our most glaring weakness.
                This is not a one problem team and the center position is not a strength. There are just weaknesses hence our conference record.

Comment

• Kenny is also 2nd in rebounding (slightly behind Ridgnal) and 3rd in FG% (slightly behind DeGray) and 4th in scoring (just under 10ppg).

I will gladly take 10 and 6 from a big man. He also dishes out 1.5 assists per game.

He's not as athletic as Q. But Q is also limited to dunks and blocks with some rebounding thrown in. Kenny is the better on ball defender as sometimes (often) Q is too eager to block shots and gets out of position or lets his man get by. He's more versatile even if he isn't the Swedish god some think he should be. Yeah, it's a shame his outside shot has never come around like it was in HS, but he still offers a lot of value to this team.

Kenny is more than capable of playing at this level. He does seem to have a bit of a confidence issue at times which holds him back. But this team would be a lot worse without him.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

How much you want to bet KP isn’t the conference player of the year next season?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

How much you want to bet KP isn’t the conference player of the year next season?
                      He has a hell of a lot more competition than Paul had
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

He has a hell of a lot more competition than Paul had
                        Shock is the one comparing KP to PM. I am just contributing some facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          Kenny is also 2nd in rebounding (slightly behind Ridgnal) and 3rd in FG% (slightly behind DeGray) and 4th in scoring (just under 10ppg).

I will gladly take 10 and 6 from a big man. He also dishes out 1.5 assists per game.

He's not as athletic as Q. But Q is also limited to dunks and blocks with some rebounding thrown in. Kenny is the better on ball defender as sometimes (often) Q is too eager to block shots and gets out of position or lets his man get by. He's more versatile even if he isn't the Swedish god some think he should be. Yeah, it's a shame his outside shot has never come around like it was in HS, but he still offers a lot of value to this team.

Kenny is more than capable of playing at this level. He does seem to have a bit of a confidence issue at times which holds him back. But this team would be a lot worse without him.
                          Another excellent post Sub. As I just stated it's assists vs turnovers that is our most glaring issue. We are 270-283 as a team. Opponents are 314-239. How many W's has that cost us????

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

This is not a one problem team and the center position is not a strength. There are just weaknesses hence our conference record.
                            Almost every program in the country would take Quincy, and find a role for him. He isn't a perimeter 5 man, but he's not a statue either. He's a game changer close to the basket.

Comment

• I believe the following is correct but I'm sure I will be fact checked. KP started the first nine games at PF. His cumulative stats were as follows: 48-87 55% FG%, 13.6 ppg and 9.6 boards.......remove one game he had zero boards and he was nearly 11. He has considerable value at TWO positions.
                              Last edited by asiseeit; February 8, 2024, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Like I keep saying - the center position is NOT the teams problem it is it's strength. Assists to turnovers is our most glaring weakness.
                                We have nobody with any kind of respectable A/TO ratio. Only three players who actually play are in the positive. Rogers (45/34), Beverly (77/57), and Ridgnal (16/11)
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X