Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

You’ll never get the IB lovers to budge on their disdain for Mills. They are bitterly holding on.
    This type of thinking is exactly what's wrong with politics. You can't have an honest conversation about anything because to you, anyone that doesn't suck the dick of Mills is an IB lover.

You've never singled me out as such, but some of those I tend to agree with you do, and I have a long history of despising the IB hire from day one. So what's your ****ing bullshit excuse for that?

Pull your head out of your ass and try actually discussing or disputing points made rather than pull the same Republican/Democrat **** that is to just belittle/demonize those that don't agree with you and try to make them not human.

We don't all have to agree on everything. This board would be boring as hell if we did. But I'm pretty sure you're capable of having honest debates/discussions about things without resorting to your tired "IB lover" bullshit. It's hard to take anything you say seriously anymore when you do that.

At least Stick and others back up what they say with honest opinions/evidence/facts. You tend to just stick your fingers in your ears and scream BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH and hope that works to prove someone else wrong.

Try harder.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Would also be wise to take a look at trends at the schools too.

Tang went from the Elite 8 with Weber's PG to not making the tourney the next year with his guys, Mills inherited the last place team in the Summit and took them to 2 NCAAs his last three years there.
      I get the trend part with Mills. You really can't draw a "trend" from 2 years for Tang though. Like I said in my post, its really hard to make a comparison of a 7 year head coach to a 2 year head coach, but when one of the 2 years for a coach is REALLY good .. its hard to ignore. Also probably a key factor. Tang ignited the KSU fanbase. That's his personality. Mills hasn't really done anything to spark the WSU fanbase. An AD is going to consider that too.

Either way, I doubt either of them are the top candidate for Baylor IF that job opens ... so not really a valid conversation anyways.
      Last edited by Stickboy46; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

This type of thinking is exactly what's wrong with politics. You can't have an honest conversation about anything because to you, anyone that doesn't suck the dick of Mills is an IB lover.

You've never singled me out as such, but some of those I tend to agree with you do, and I have a long history of despising the IB hire from day one. So what's your ****ing bullshit excuse for that?

Pull your head out of your ass and try actually discussing or disputing points made rather than pull the same Republican/Democrat **** that is to just belittle/demonize those that don't agree with you and try to make them not human.

We don't all have to agree on everything. This board would be boring as hell if we did. But I'm pretty sure you're capable of having honest debates/discussions about things without resorting to your tired "IB lover" bullshit. It's hard to take anything you say seriously anymore when you do that.

At least Stick and others back up what they say with honest opinions/evidence/facts. You tend to just stick your fingers in your ears and scream BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH and hope that works to prove someone else wrong.

Try harder.
        He's one of the few that struggle to separate the firing of IB and the hiring of Mills. He has a higher than average hate for IB, so he wants so badly for Mills to be the right coach so it validates the decision to fire IB.

The two are completely unrelated as we needed to fire IB... i think most will agree on that, but that doesn't mean Mills was the right answer either (jury is still out on that). Two different decisions.

Comment

• McCasland will go to Baylor.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

You’ll never get the IB lovers to budge on their disdain for Mills. They are bitterly holding on.
            This is an awful false analogy. Moving on from IB was the right call and fans have every right to question whether PM is up to the challenge. These aren't mutually exclusive viewpoints.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Yeah, anybody can make the S16
              What ever happened to LaSalle?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I get the trend part with Mills. You really can't draw a "trend" from 2 years for Tang though. Like I said in my post, its really hard to make a comparison of a 7 year head coach to a 2 year head coach, but when one of the 2 years for a coach is REALLY good .. its hard to ignore. Also probably a key factor. Tang ignited the KSU fanbase. That's his personality. Mills hasn't really done anything to spark the WSU fanbase. An AD is going to consider that too.

Either way, I doubt either of them are the top candidate for Baylor IF that job opens ... so not really a valid conversation anyways.
                I agree that Tang's personality has been a big part of his appeal, plus that run in his first year. They regressed to the mean this year. If next year is the same as this one (or worse) then I expect there will be hisses in Kittyville.
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Don’t think he’s headed to Baylor nor do I think they want him - but this is nonsense lol.

He was a full time assistant. Read his bio on the Baylor site..
                  Mills is going to be on Baylor's radar (they know him and he has ties to Texas, especially Houston), but he's not high on their radar. His ORU winning history isn't good enough to be a high choice. They aren't as desperate as they were when they hired Drew, who was not on anyone's radar then. However Drew as does Mills has good morals and was a solid choice at that time, when morals were extra important to Baylor.

However, Drew is staying put at Baylor and has turned Kentucky down.

Comment

• It seems like that makes at least five coaches that have said no to Kentucky. I did not see this happening. When was the last time that happened? Kentucky must not be the job some think it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
                      It seems like that makes at least five coaches that have said no to Kentucky. I did not see this happening. When was the last time that happened? Kentucky must not be the job some think it is.
                      I honestly think part of it is the fanbase. Many probably don't want to have to deal with them.
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

It seems like that makes at least five coaches that have said no to Kentucky. I did not see this happening. When was the last time that happened? Kentucky must not be the job some think it is.
                        It's like the football job at Texas. Expectations are sky high and it can kill a career if you're not the right guy.

Comment

It makes you wonder what will happen when The Rug calls it a career in Larryville. I don't know that there is an obvious heir apparent to that one.
                          78-65

Comment

• Drew staying

Comment

• The Kentucky fanbase occupies its own echelon of craziness. Above and beyond any other team.

Drew posted a picture of himself eating lunch with a booster in Waco during a time he was rumored to be in Lexington, and a Kentucky fan tries to claim the TV set in the corner is showing an episode of Family Feud that did not air that day in Waco.

This, despite the fact that multiple other people say they saw Drew in the restaurant that day.

Perhaps even crazier than that, this is also despite the fact that Kentucky fans were calling the restaurant right after that pic was posted and trying to convince the staff to tell Drew to go to Kentucky.

Fans are crazy. Expectations are crazy. And now that the bags are out in the open, Kentucky has lost one of its previously hidden advantages.
                              Last edited by rjl; 3 weeks ago.
                              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

I honestly think part of it is the fanbase. Many probably don't want to have to deal with them.
                                Death threats and you name it. I recall the Mrs. Marshall saga, they were brutal. Of course she might have deserved some of it… her cheese slid way off the cracker late in that game.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X