Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Lol.... If we are going that far down the path .. there is literally never going to be an "apple to apples" comparison. USF has made the tournament 3 times .. in it's entire existence ... only 1 time since the kids they are recruiting have been alive. But sure ... USF has a recruiting advantage.
    Now you sound like a Walmart shirt KU fan.
    I’m saying it’s a significant advantage for guys not likely to be drafted to play for the brother of the dude running the G-League. You don’t think that can’t open some doors that are shut to most other non-blue chip schools? Of course it does. Your lust for hate is starting to blind your logic.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Now you sound like a Walmart shirt KU fan.
      I’m saying it’s a significant advantage for guys not likely to be drafted to play for the brother of the dude running the G-League. You don’t think that can’t open some doors that are shut to most other non-blue chip schools? Of course it does. Your lust for hate is starting to blind your logic.
      This is so off the wall its not even funny. You are REALLY trying to say that USF has a recruiting advantage over WSU? Really? Step back and think about that comment. You think the coaches brother, who is in a managerial position in the g league (not even a coach, or assigned to a specific team) is off telling recruits that if they go to USF he will help them get into the league? Then going and telling those coaches that they should take these guys.

Who has a logic problem here?

Comment

This is so off the wall its not even funny. You are REALLY trying to say that USF has a recruiting advantage over WSU? Really? Step back and think about that comment. You think the coaches brother, who is in a managerial position in the g league (not even a coach, or assigned to a specific team) is off telling recruits that if they go to USF he will help them get into the league? Then going and telling those coaches that they should take these guys.

Good grief. Stop being obstinate.

If that is true, Deion couldn’t recruit to JSU, Penny should not have top recruiting classes at Memphis, and Rick Pitino shouldn’t have been able to recruit to Iona.

Who you know matters. 100%, recruiting now more than ever, is about connections unless you have a bag. The name on the front of the jersey means nothing outside of the P4.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Good grief. Stop being obstinate.

If that is true, Deion couldn’t recruit to JSU, Penny should not have top recruiting classes at Memphis, and Rick Pitino shouldn’t have been able to recruit to Iona.

Who you know matters. 100%, recruiting now more than ever, is about connections unless you have a bag. The name on the front of the jersey means nothing outside of the P4.
          So you are talking about former pro players, who are literal stars themselves. Those two are sports culture icons.

Rick Pitino can recruit because he has a long long history of success.

You want to talk about not being "Apples to Apples". Those aren't even remotely the same thing has the coach having a brother in G League management. Not even close.

As you said .. Good Grief ... that's a stretch to throw out an excuse.

Comment

This is so off the wall its not even funny. You are REALLY trying to say that USF has a recruiting advantage over WSU? Really?
            Have you ever ventured outside the basement and pierced the thrilling borders of Kansas? Getting to go to college in Tampa, Florida vs Wichita, is a MASSIVE recruiting advantage.

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

You.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Have you ever ventured outside the basement and pierced the thrilling borders of Kansas? Getting to go to college in Tampa, Florida vs Wichita, is a MASSIVE recruiting advantage.

You.
              Guaranteed I've travelled far more and wide than you lol.

BUT ... I would have actually accepted your point that Tampa is better than Wichita. That's one of the very very few recruiting points that USF has over us. But that's always been there .. and its never been enough to make them relevant so its really hard to say it's the deciding factor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Under the 3G system, we always had guys that "didn't get it". Those guys were obvious because they sat on the bench. When they got in they would screw up and get yanked out again. You can even think of Jalen Ricks and Isaac Abbide just last year rotting away on the pine. This year, all those guys are playing. It's just BBIQ, some guys figure it out and become effective players, some guys don't. We just don't have many that get it. I actually think Pohto is a smart player but he's surrounded with dummies which makes him look worse than he is.
                Personally, I prefer man to man but I also think a coach sometimes needs to adjust to his players. I'd really like to see us play some 3-2 matchup zone with QB and KP in at the same time again but they both need to stay home in their areas instead of flying out to the perimeter.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
                  Harlond Beverly from Taylor’s article about Ballard:

“Q is an amazing rim protector,” WSU guard Harlond Beverly said. “Our defense is solid right now and Q is a really big part of that.”

are you freaking kidding me? Our defense BLOWS and Q is the only shining spot. He’s single handedly supporting us and erasing all of the awful mistakes that the guards make on defense.
                  He also probably thinks they hustle their asses off and bring the intensity.

Comment

• Comment

• Taylor's video breakdowns often bring me back from the "our coach sucks" ledge.

They don't, however, make me feel any better about our players.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        Taylor's video breakdowns often bring me back from the "our coach sucks" ledge.

Same. Anybody who thinks HCPM is just twiddling his thumbs and doesn't know what he is doing, needs to watch Taylor's videos.

Comment

Guaranteed I've travelled far more and wide than you lol.

BUT ... I would have actually accepted your point that Tampa is better than Wichita. That's one of the very very few recruiting points that USF has over us. But that's always been there .. and its never been enough to make them relevant so its really hard to say it's the deciding factor.
                          Guaranteed huh?

Well, it got them into the Big East (when it was a power conference). They did win 8 titles in there as well. None in the sports that matter, but still...

Put Gregg Marshall at USF and he has a much easier time recruiting thoroughbreds.

Comment

This.

Comment

In this new NIL era, a lot of the Shocker basketball "employees" just aren't pulling their weight nor have they given their full attention to their jobs. I would be having this convo with a lot of the employees.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                                It would have helped if Bell's pass to Rogers wouldn't have required Rogers to turn his back to the basket to catch the ball. A good clean pass to a sweet shooting spot and Rogers could have gotten the shot off before there was a solid contest.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X