Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

As someone who totally paid my way through college, while getting married, and starting my family, and eating canned soup and crackers, I’m not impressed by a little crying over not being able to afford going out to eat whenever I want to. I still paid off all of my thousands of dollars of loans. I’m not impressed with his hardships.
    No doubt, but a lot of these guys think they can get a couple grand a month just because they’re on the team. I have no idea who’s worth what since no one seems to know the truth as to what’s getting doled out across the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Does that mean puppy or no puppy?
      I guess you have the read the "Scriptural and unscriptural sexual acts" policy in the Student Handbook.
      Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockrah View Post

I guess you have the read the "Scriptural and unscriptural sexual acts" policy in the Student Handbook.
        I can’t read. do you suppose they have pictures?
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
          I guess this is the best place to put this. I watched the UK Arkansas game last night and noticed that UK runs the same offensive scheme that Mills is trying to run. Once I saw that, I watched to see how players reacted when plays broke down, spacing was off, and how often they drove to the basket without setting it up.

Bell is doing exactly what he is supposed to within the offense, he just isn’t good at it.
          UK runs the offense about 3x as fast, players know where they are supposed to go in the motion, and when spacing breaks down, players will push the out of position player out of their space.
          there is some standing and watching but most of that is when a player is in iso and working on a defender. The players watching are waiting expectantly, not just standing around.
          Ballard could start tomorrow for UK. I don’t expect him to be back next year.
          Although I am happy to see Ballard's health and ability have improved this year, highly doubtful he starts for UK.
          Yes, Ballard has long arms and blocks a lot of shots, which fans love. He also affects drives to the basket with his defensive presence.
          But he has very limited offensive skills and has 'hands of stone' when it comes to catching the ball. His endurance, although MUCH better this year, is also limited.
          He is basically Orupke 2.0, but a better shot blocker.

If he does decide on so-called greener pastures, it will be his second transfer. Who knows how the transfer eligibility winds will blow next season. Besides, is he really going to get the productive coaching he has this year (ACY) from UK? Doubt it.

That is all.
          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Although I am happy to see Ballard's health and ability have improved this year, highly doubtful he starts for UK.
            Yes, Ballard has long arms and blocks a lot of shots, which fans love. He also affects drives to the basket with his defensive presence.
            But he has very limited offensive skills and has 'hands of stone' when it comes to catching the ball. His endurance, although MUCH better this year, is also limited.

If he does decide on so-called greener pastures, it will be his second transfer. Who knows how the transfer eligibility winds will blow next season. Besides, is he really going to get the productive coaching he has this year (ACY) from UK? Doubt it.

That is all.
            Their big man is BAD. Not good bad. Like bell bad.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

That is all.
              Agreed, He would likely be a bench guy at best at UK or any other top team.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Agreed, He would likely be a bench guy at best at UK or any other top team.
                Their big man was getting stuffed by the rim on catch and stuff in the arc. He was horrible.

Comment

• I think QB's growth, talent wise, has increased his value, no doubt, however, I believe many of you have over rated his abilities. Yes, he is a fantastic shot blocker, I'll give you that but often strays out of the lane which is one of the reasons I'd like to see some periodic 3-2 zone with he and KP on opposite blocks. KP is the better passer, the stronger offensive threat, blocks out better, higher BBIQ and sees the court better. Bottom line is we need them BOTH to return and build around them. They both still have quite a bit of upside left. QB would be wise to remain here where he has gotten the necessary coaching to up his game.

Comment

• There is a lack of big man talent. While his abilities are limited, when compared to his peers he is definitely a top 40 big man in D1.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                      I PLEDGE at all times to keep my total being under subjection from all immoral and illegal actions
                      and communications, whether on or off campus. I will not take any illegal drugs or misuse any drugs.
                      I will not engage in or attempt to engage in any illicit, unscriptural sexual acts, which include any
                      homosexual activity and sexual intercourse with one who is not my spouse. I will not be united
                      in marriage other than the marriage between one man and one woman. I will not drink alcoholic
                      beverages of any kind; I will not use tobacco; I will not engage in other behavior that is contrary to
                      the rules and regulations listed in the Student Handbook.
                      Sounds like a hoot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

No doubt, but a lot of these guys think they can get a couple grand a month just because they’re on the team. I have no idea who’s worth what since no one seems to know the truth as to what’s getting doled out across the country.
                        I'd say this is the best starting point if you're interested - Gary Parrish and Matt Norlander do this Candid Coaches series every year and it always has interesting tidbits. More about the methodology in the article.

Here's the quick and dirty, but please read the article.

Based on your experience recruiting via the transfer portal, approximately what NIL price is a projected starter at the high-major level looking for in college basketball?
                        Less than $100,000 7.5%
                        Somewhere between $100,000 and $200,000 25.5%
                        Somewhere between $200,000 and $300,000 40.4%
                        Somewhere between $300,000 and $400,000 14.9%
                        More than $400,000 11.7%
                        "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                        Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post

I'd say this is the best starting point if you're interested - Gary Parrish and Matt Norlander do this Candid Coaches series every year and it always has interesting tidbits. More about the methodology in the article.

Here's the quick and dirty, but please read the article.

Based on your experience recruiting via the transfer portal, approximately what NIL price is a projected starter at the high-major level looking for in college basketball?
                          Less than $100,000 7.5%
                          Somewhere between $100,000 and $200,000 25.5%
                          Somewhere between $200,000 and $300,000 40.4%
                          Somewhere between $300,000 and $400,000 14.9%
                          More than $400,000 11.7%
                          From the article:
                          • "I don't think everybody is getting what they tell people they're getting. That's why I think it would be better if all of this had to be documented and made publicly available. That would stop a lot of the bullshit. But, yeah, the number is about $200,000. If my staff targets a good transfer, we know we better be able to tell him we can get him at least that -- or we're just wasting our time."
                          THIS.

Comment

• So they are saying, based on what Armchair has told us, we have enough to get us 1/2 of a stud.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                              So they are saying, based on what Armchair has told us, we have enough to get us 1/2 of a stud.
                              Apparently we have been buying the upper half because they have great grades but don't move in our motion offense.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

From the article:
                                • "I don't think everybody is getting what they tell people they're getting. That's why I think it would be better if all of this had to be documented and made publicly available. That would stop a lot of the bullshit. But, yeah, the number is about $200,000. If my staff targets a good transfer, we know we better be able to tell him we can get him at least that -- or we're just wasting our time."
                                THIS.
                                Yep.

That's one of two big differences between NIL and professional sports: all contracts are public information.

The second big difference in the pros is that contracts are generally for multiple years.

This doesn't even get into concepts like trades, franchise tags, salary caps, etc.

I think the NCAA may be able to get away with at least mandating public disclosure without running afoul of the Supreme Court NIL ruling.
                                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Working...
                                X