Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

It would have helped if Bell's pass to Rogers wouldn't have required Rogers to turn his back to the basket to catch the ball. A good clean pass to a sweet shooting spot and Rogers could have gotten the shot off before there was a solid contest.
    Any closer of a pass to the "sweet spot" gets picked off. Too many players in one small area. There are 3 shockers within 3-4 feet of the ball movement there .. which means there are 3 ECU defenders also in that space. Ballards Defender only had to move a couple feet to get in the passing lane. Pretty easy to defend that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Any closer of a pass to the "sweet spot" gets picked off. Too many players in one small area. There are 3 shockers within 3-4 feet of the ball movement there .. which means there are 3 ECU defenders also in that space. Ballards Defender only had to move a couple feet to get in the passing lane. Pretty easy to defend that.
      one of the three probably in the wrong place

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

one of the three probably in the wrong place
        Agreed. Feels like timing was a bit off. Almost like the screen for Rogers should have been closer to the other side of the key with Ballard rolling faster. So you make them choose between chasing Rogers and letting Ballard roll, or getting in Ballards way and leaving Rogers. I think Bell floated too far back up towards the top too

Comment

• i'll be watching mills closely when the shockers are on defense right in front of their own bench. i hope to see him animated, gesturing and loudly directing traffic from the sideline (like the ecu coach was). calling (yelling) out screens, traps etc.

pretty big game and opportunity vs. smu. let's see it, coach.

Comment

• Does HCPM get at least one more game or should we fire him now?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
              Does HCPM get at least one more game or should we fire him now?
              I think stick wants his job.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                Does HCPM get at least one more game or should we fire him now?
                One game does not completely turn things around. It does, however, give a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel that this team (and coach) can do a lot more than what we've seen previously. The best thing that could happen, for both fans and WSU's finances is for Mills to be successful asap.

More to the point of your comment, I do not believe (and hope WSU agrees) that Mills is not going anywhere else soon unless he makes that decision. We already have too many contractual obligations to other former coaches. Maybe we should have a sticky that shows all former coaches' amounts still owed over each of the next 3 years. Then, if need be, maybe we will be able to have a bigger war chest to attract (and get) coaches with better longer-term resumes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

One game does not completely turn things around. It does, however, give a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel that this team (and coach) can do a lot more than what we've seen previously. The best thing that could happen, for both fans and WSU's finances is for Mills to be successful asap.

More to the point of your comment, I do not believe (and hope WSU agrees) that Mills is not going anywhere else soon unless he makes that decision. We already have too many contractual obligations to other former coaches. Maybe we should have a sticky that shows all former coaches' amounts still owed over each of the next 3 years. Then, if need be, maybe we will be able to have a bigger war chest to attract (and get) coaches with better longer-term resumes.
                  This ...

This is a great showing but its one game. All the same people yelling and screaming "that you can't judge him by his first year" sure are quick to pounce on anyone with concerns after 1 win. It goes both ways. If you are saying 8 losses in a row don't count, then neither does 1 win. (Hint, they both count but we need to see a heck of a lot more than 1 win to think he's turned the corner here).

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

This ...

This is a great showing but it’s one game. All the same people yelling and screaming "that you can't judge him by his first year" sure are quick to pounce on anyone with concerns after 1 win. It goes both ways. If you are saying 8 losses in a row don't count, then neither does 1 win. (Hint, they both count but we need to see a heck of a lot more than 1 win to think he's turned the corner here).
                    Owned lol
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• So much of these last few posts fall under this notion to me:

"I'm a glass half full (or empty) type, and if you don't agree with me, kiss my ass."

I love message boards.
                      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                        So much of these last few posts fall under this notion to me:

"I'm a glass half full (or empty) type, and if you don't agree with me, kiss my ass."

I love message boards.
                        Time to ease the tension with a WStateU gif

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                          So much of these last few posts fall under this notion to me:

"If you don't agree with me, kiss my ass."

I love message boards.
                          Changed it up a little. Unfortunately this part right here is what the world has dissolved into.
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I smell contract extension!

Comment

• Here's a video breaking down how the Bucks were becoming frustrated with Griffin's schemes:

https://youtu.be/KxE8G-_cdfo?si=AWP8bqRLBc_r11jz
                              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• I guess this is the best place to put this. I watched the UK Arkansas game last night and noticed that UK runs the same offensive scheme that Mills is trying to run. Once I saw that, I watched to see how players reacted when plays broke down, spacing was off, and how often they drove to the basket without setting it up.

Bell is doing exactly what he is supposed to within the offense, he just isn’t good at it.
                                UK runs the offense about 3x as fast, players know where they are supposed to go in the motion, and when spacing breaks down, players will push the out of position player out of their space.
                                there is some standing and watching but most of that is when a player is in iso and working on a defender. The players watching are waiting expectantly, not just standing around.
                                Ballard could start tomorrow for UK. I don’t expect him to be back next year.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X