Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Remember when the Shox had a deep rotation and could play 10 guys? It seemed like the Shox always won the last 5 minutes of each half. I think fatigue is a factor in some of the losses.

Strength and conditioning doesn't seem to have the emphasis it used to have. That's mainly speculation, but I see a lot of guys getting balls ripped away from them

Coming out lethargic after the half, running out of gas late in games, and losing 4 or 5 possessions to someone who just takes a rebound away from a Hocker when they appear to have it will lose a lot of games.
    A deep rotation is nice. The way GM got it, is every year players that couldn't help the team were not on the team the next year. Not sure Mills will do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Pretty sure that was year one. We lacked depth and Sparky had the concussion issues that really complicated things.
      Well yeah that year we struggled as Mekel flailed about, but there was another one way later. When I get some computer time I will look through our roster and try to figure it out.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Pretty sure that was year one. We lacked depth and Sparky had the concussion issues that really complicated things.
        Starting to come back to me. Toure Murry had to play PG for a ton of games and it was a struggle. Clevin Hannah or Joe Ragland had either graduated or was injured or something.

Comment

• 2008-09 ... did Clevin get hurt and Toure had to play a ton of games at PG as a frosh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Well yeah that year we struggled as Mekel flailed about, but there was another one way later. When I get some computer time I will look through our roster and try to figure it out.
            I know for sure the year Jamarius Burton and the Process, et al were freshmen, we had PG struggles. We played a game at Uconn and got pummeled. Noah Fernandez and Tyson Etienne were in crowd watching. 3G came up to them after the game and said he hopes their ready to play because we need better guards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

I know for sure the year Jamarius Burton and the Process, et al were freshmen, we had PG struggles. We played a game at Uconn and got pummeled. Noah Fernandez and Tyson Etienne were in crowd watching. 3G came up to them after the game and said he hopes their ready to play because we need better guards.
              Fernandez woulda taken us a long way, if he had ever seen the court.

Comment

Ahhh, yes.

Comment

I know for sure the year Jamarius Burton and the Process, et al were freshmen, we had PG struggles. We played a game at Uconn and got pummeled. Noah Fernandez and Tyson Etienne were in crowd watching. 3G came up to them after the game and said he hopes they’re ready to play because we need better guards.
                  Close. It was Grant Sherfield he told he hopes they’re ready. I remember that for a fact because he was supposed to be majorly hyped and he got frustrated when he wasn’t allowed to be the guy he was promised.

im gonna get hate here, but those last few years, Marshall wasn’t at his best. I do think we would’ve seen a return to form the year that Isaac Brown took over though. So much talent.

Comment

• Coulda been Sherfield, but I know he said the same after that UConn game with Fernanadez and TE. 3G was not shy about saying what we need on the roster. I was at that game and wanted to put a paper sack on my head.

Comment

Coulda been Sherfield, but I know he said the same after that UConn game with Fernanadez and TE. 3G was not shy about saying what we need on the roster. I was at that game and wanted to put a paper sack on my head.
                      Wasn’t that the game that broke Sherfield? They were double-teaming him and he coughed it up several times; it got real ugly and he was overmatched.
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Wasn’t that the game that broke Sherfield? They were double-teaming him and he coughed it up several times; it got real ugly and he was overmatched.
                        could be. We had a very young roster if I recall.

Comment

• Sherfield seemed to have an issue with being held accountable.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Sherfield seemed to have an issue with being held accountable.
                            Was really interesting how he flourished afterwards though. Genuinely wonder what that was about because he was awful here

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                              Sometimes it's the little things that help not losing big leads. When Dalen Ridgnal was inserted in the line up, it helped us with his high octane motor and energy. Below are stats that he has earned even more minutes, especially at the end of the game when often he is not playing as much.

DR is our best rebounder.

DR is first with our regular players with only 11 turnovers

DR is 2nd in blocked shots.

DR is 2nd among our regular rotation players in 3 pt.%

DR is 3rd in FT % behind Rogers and only .02% behind Bell.

The Solution? In the opinion of FSF who has never made a thin dime coaching, Play DR more minutes, especially at the end of the game. I also like DeGray, but that doesn't stop both of them being in there at crunch time if you want.
                              Just Do It and play a little more zone.
                              I like DR a lot. He seems to get lost on defense at times. I also like RD3, and he can defend multiple positions pretty well. The one I don't get at the end of games is Pohto in and Q out. Makes no sense to me.
                              I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

Close. It was Grant Sherfield he told he hopes they’re ready. I remember that for a fact because he was supposed to be majorly hyped and he got frustrated when he wasn’t allowed to be the guy he was promised.

im gonna get hate here, but those last few years, Marshall wasn’t at his best. I do think we would’ve seen a return to form the year that Isaac Brown took over though. So much talent.
                                I think Sherfield was a late addition to that recruiting class after Steve Alford got fired from UCLA, so it would have been TE and NF (who were both from that area of the country too).

Comment

Working...
                                X