Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• No real good place to put this, so I’ll post it here so we can bury it and this tread and move on.

Major problem now is that SN is full of fans that came on mid-Marshall and are used to watching high level mid major ball. They hated it post Fred, and now they want to go back. Can’t have it both ways. WE, ShockerNet, turned this program on its head and called for a complete rebuild of WSU athletics when we called for the firing of DBDB with a billboard. Growth takes time, no matter how many armchair qbs are convinced you just have to recruit (what does that even look like anymore?) and roll the ball out (even tho that was IBs strong suit and they still called for his firing).

The constant low iq bellyaching is getting tiresome. Nobody here except ShockingButTrue enjoyed the KU game. Tough titty. It is what it is. This year is what it is. We all knew it was going to be rough, and very few of us thought it would be this good.

Support this team if you want it to get better. Show recruits that WSU is worth playing for. Show up, and get out your wallets. Half of recruiting is on US to provide the funds to retain the talent PM and staff can convince to come here. Thats what it’s going to take.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I pre-date HCGM, but it seems to me that it was the hiring of DB that started all this.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          I pre-date HCGM, but it seems to me that it was the hiring of DB that started all this.
          Ditto. I go back to the early Smithson days. There have been huge ups with this program and some great downs. But the DB era has created one of the greatest valleys…and not just in performance. It killed morale and created so many doubts in the program. We are in a new era with new rules on so many fronts. I think we are now on the right path even though the road is long. IB had to go…no question. PM had a very tough hand dealt to him but is rebuilding…the right way. And yes, I want to be in the Final Four every year (even though it’s only happened twice in any of our lifetimes). But, I’m more concerned with well played and intelligent basketball…if we get that ball rolling and with the right personnel, I think we’ll be in better shape sooner than we think. The Shockers have my frustration…but they also have my constant support.

Comment

• Pin; The hiring of Jay Golden was the beginning of the mess and the loss of major financial boosters to the Athletic department. COVID was a huge problem for college sports revenue including WSU’s. The major clash between FHCGGM and Golden dug the hole deeper. FADDB was in over his head, and generally just taking the money, but he didn’t make ANY decisions without being told what to do by the various University Presidents he worked for. FADDB following the University of Nebraska’s lead and model on NIL was a huge mistake. That model was a “wait and see” what happens before totally getting everyone on board with NIL.

I could go on and on about the chain of decisions that led our men’s basketball program to where we are today. I really think PM is trying to get us back to where we should be. I am trying to be more positive beginning today. Happy New Year!

Comment

• I know, I know...

Why Bill Self believes Wichita State basketball is ‘in good hands’ with coach Paul Mills (msn.com)
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Ewwwwww… msn.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I've watched most of KU's games and all of WSU's this year. This game was closer than I thought it would be. KU is 25 points better than WSU.

Adams, Dickinson and McCullar are LOCKS for the NBA. Probably Braun as well. WSU doesn't have any locks for 3rd team AAC. KU consistrently has 5 guys running the offense. WSU seems to consistently have 3 or 4 guys running the offense and 1 or 2 either watching or trying to figure out what to do next. There's virtually no comparison of the apparent BBIQ on the two teams.

The good news is that almost everybody can come back next year. The bad news is that almost everybody can come back next year. Unless Mills wants to clean house and start over, he's going to have to try to keep as many current players as possible. He might want to cut a few loose that don't fit his game style and see if he can find some better fits. Wings that can hit 35%+ from 3 are in high demand and can be hard to get.

It could easily be the recruits for the 2025-2026 season before we can make any judgements about Mills' ability to right the ship.

What this staff has done with Ballard and Abidde is impressive. The fact that Pohto has not progressed seems to say more about Ppohto than about the staff.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Awwww, Bill loves our coach. So magnanimous after clubbing a baby seal. He didn't like HCGM very much. We had to lift our foot off the gas to keep it under 20 against them in Omaha. I was there. ChicKUn Nation was afraid before the game, during, and after. That's our ceiling with the right coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      I've watched most of KU's games and all of WSU's this year. This game was closer than I thought it would be. KU is 25 points better than WSU.

Adams, Dickinson and McCullar are LOCKS for the NBA. Probably Braun as well. WSU doesn't have any locks for 3rd team AAC. KU consistrently has 5 guys running the offense. WSU seems to consistently have 3 or 4 guys running the offense and 1 or 2 either watching or trying to figure out what to do next. There's virtually no comparison of the apparent BBIQ on the two teams.

The good news is that almost everybody can come back next year. The bad news is that almost everybody can come back next year. Unless Mills wants to clean house and start over, he's going to have to try to keep as many current players as possible. He might want to cut a few loose that don't fit his game style and see if he can find some better fits. Wings that can hit 35%+ from 3 are in high demand and can be hard to get.

It could easily be the recruits for the 2025-2026 season before we can make any judgements about Mills' ability to right the ship.

What this staff has done with Ballard and Abidde is impressive. The fact that Pohto has not progressed seems to say more about Ppohto than about the staff.
                      Two thoughts: at this point I would rather return as many players as possible because of how heavy this jr class is. Mills can return many players that will know the system and that will make it exponentially faster for new guys to learn.

Pohto is learning a new position, and learning to have on the court responsibilities. Ballard was coached previous to brown, Pohto was not. IA took to the coaching and blossomed. Pohto hasn’t, yet. I have hope for next year.

Comment

• “It sucks to lose. It (expletive) sucks.”

-------Mike Vrabel

Comment

• That is a nice article. It has always been hard for me to dislike Bill Self despite where he coaches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

That is a nice article. It has always been hard for me to dislike Bill Self despite where he coaches.
                            I don’t completely disagree. Generally seems like an affable guy.

Except he cheats his ass off. I mean, if he did nothing wrong…NOTHING WRONG…why did he accept a short suspension at the beginning of last season? If I’m completely innocent and believe that beyond a shadow of a doubt, I’m not accepting anything even resembling a small suspension.

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Except he cheats his ass off. I mean, if he did nothing wrong…NOTHING WRONG…why did he accept a short suspension at the beginning of last season? If I’m completely innocent and believe that beyond a shadow of a doubt, I’m not accepting anything even resembling a small suspension.
                              This…. He and Townsend cheated at a place where you don’t “ have” to cheat

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

He absolutely did that, just as every coach at KU has since what the 1950's.

Comment

Working...
                                X