WICHITA STATE (8-4) vs. #2 KANSAS (11-1) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
    Not much positive to draw from that one, but I thought Ballard, Ridgnal, and Abidde had decent games.
    I think you have to inbounds from out of bounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      What was the inbound violation on Ridgnal for?
      He stepped over the line before inbounding the ball… bull$hit call by Pollard, the game was over, just let it go.

I could be feeling a lot worse thinking we might get beat by 40+. I think I’ll have another cold one.

P.S. The first six were really good.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post
        Under 20 bitches!
        not as close as the score would indicate.

that transition defense, or lack thereof, looked like 90's-era shocker teams.

Comment

• My favorite defense is when we let them dribble down the court for an uncontested dunk. Good times.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
            Anybody going to mention Rogers poor shooting?
            I swear to god we could turn Curry into a 15% shooter.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post

not as close as the score would indicate.

that transition defense, or lack thereof, looked like 90's-era shocker teams.
              No ****, would you feel better if it was 30+?

I wasn’t happy with effort either, atomic bombs and free throws. All things fixable that could have made the game interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

I swear to god we could turn Curry into a 15% shooter.
                We had like five air-balls today… and those were primarily wide-open shots.

Comment

• Again I repeat, 3 point shooting is Not our strength. Today,
                  4-20. Today we also missed alot of close shots which compounded our woes. 7-14 on throws.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I have to give KU credit. 23 assists on 31 baskets vs 13 assists on 28 baskets for the Shocks. You are not going to beat a team that is more talented than you are if they are also much better at team basketball.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 30, 2023, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

We had like five air-balls today… and those were primarily wide-open shots.
                      Ridgnal was 6-8 from the field with 2 a bad looking airballs.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                        Again I repeat, 3 point shooting is Not our strength. Today,
                        4-20. Today we also missed alot of close shots which compounded our woes. 7-14 on throws.
                        And the beakers were 17-19 on throws.

Comment

• Today we lost to a much better team respectably. Against K-State we lost to a moderately better team than us terribly. I'll take this loss over that one any day. But losing sucks.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Seemed like the players had zero energy from the tip. Like they were just going through the motions. Like they were just waiting to lose.

Dunno if it was a Christmas hangover or what but I knew from watching the first minute of the game what the outcome was gonna be.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Two games in now.........I like the 7 man rotation better. Germany would be the eight guy for me. QB with a good game on offense but despite his shot blocking ability he gets lost a lot on D. I had KP with six assists but box score only shows four with zero turnovers. NIce move for the dunk but somehow misses it. DR with nice game and good effort. RD is slow. Really need a 2-0 start in conference. It's doable. Weak conference means 16-17 W's and one, maybe two, post season.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

And the beakers were 17-19 on throws.
                                Ouch!
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X