WICHITA STATE (8-4) at KANSAS (11-1) Pregame Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
    I really do think we're gonna win this game.
    IMG_7304.jpeg

Comment

Must be five o'clock somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
        Opens WSU +13. Would touch that with a 10 foot pole
        I would and I am. Easy money.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

This is the one time I wouldn't feel bad about betting against WSU and at least I'd make a little money if WSU loses.
          Last edited by Ta Town Shocker; December 29, 2023, 05:48 PM.
          Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

I’d be very surprised if we cover. Have a bad feeling we are going to set some sort of turnover record

Comment

My only hope is that KU has a Christmas hangover and plays flat. It's not like they've avoided the trap of playing to the level of their opponents this year. I don't buy the idea that The Rug will be out for blood for 78-65. I mean, he has no love for Mizzou, and yet, his team only won that one by single-digits. The Beakers screwed around with both Eastern Illinois and Yale.

I don't think we'll win, but I just want us to battle and compete. Do that, and I'll live with the results.

But if the Shocks win the Battle of Kansas City, WuDrWu better have his bail money ready because WS16 Jr will eviscerate any asshat Beaker jackholes who cross his path. And as the kid's dad, I'll clearly be compelled to join him.
              78-65

Comment

WSU Athletic Dept. gets $100K for this game and it doesn't involve a charter flight. Yeah, we got bought, but when we're paying 3 coaches there's things you gotta do. Getting boatraced in KC is one of them.

I've watched a few KU games this year. They've got X's and O's and Jimmies and Joes. If the Shox cover the spread, Self will have called off the horses and worked on developing some rotation depth off the bench.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I hope we can keep it respectful. However I feel a butt whipping coming as pay back for Tekele’s “in your face Rug” slam dunk. That game in Omaha is in my top 3 Shocker wins of all time.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                      My only hope is that KU has a Christmas hangover and plays flat. It's not like they've avoided the trap of playing to the level of their opponents this year. I don't buy the idea that The Rug will be out for blood for 78-65. I mean, he has no love for Mizzou, and yet, his team only won that one by single-digits. The Beakers screwed around with both Eastern Illinois and Yale.

I don't think we'll win, but I just want us to battle and compete. Do that, and I'll live with the results.

But if the Shocks win the Battle of Kansas City, WuDrWu better have his bail money ready because WS16 Jr will eviscerate any asshat Beaker jackholes who cross his path. And as the kid's dad, I'll clearly be compelled to join him.
                      Trust me, locked and loaded.

PS Beakerfans.

Only times it mattered:

66-65

78-65

You can wash it out all you want by only scheduling us when we're down (and Billy boy, you KNOW you admitted privately to Gregg that you were NEVER going to schedule him) but you asshats can wear those for all time.

Comment

I don’t expect us to be within 13. However, I will consider it a success if we somehow just play smart. Turnovers are one thing, stupid turnovers are another. go after rebounds on both ends of the court, with a vengeance. Make free throws. Don’t take stupid shots. Play under control. I know, I know, I asked for a lot.
                        Last edited by Singeril; December 30, 2023, 09:00 AM.

Comment

I DON’T think KU is as good as they have been… they won’t touch a championship … but they have tested TALENT…. Dreams die quickly

Comment

I probably actually won't watch this one. This is just stupid and for all the wrong reasons on the cheaters part. That's my protest...yep ain't watching.
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                              I probably actually won't watch this one. This is just stupid and for all the wrong reasons on the cheaters part. That's my protest...yep ain't watching.
                              This is what I’m trying to do with college sports in general, outside of WSU of course. Just don’t watch.

I watched the first quarter of K-State’s bowl game only because I figured my wife would want to watch. Once I realized that she wasn’t watching and even left the house, I turned it off.

I think I want to turn into the dad from the RUDY movie…
                              ”Mr. Ruettiger, at halftime, can we watch some of the Indiana-Purdue game?”
                              ”There’s only one team we watch in this house.”

78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

This is what I’m trying to do with college sports in general, outside of WSU of course. Just don’t watch.

I watched the first quarter of K-State’s bowl game only because I figured my wife would want to watch. Once I realized that she wasn’t watching and even left the house, I turned it off.

I think I want to turn into the dad from the RUDY movie…
                                ”Mr. Ruettiger, at halftime, can we watch some of the Indiana-Purdue game?”
                                ”There’s only one team we watch in this house.”
                                Me walking into the Georgia Dome just as the Shocks were taking the floor to practice:

Doc: This is the most beautiful sight these eyes have ever seen.

Doc's Daughter: Come on, Dad.

Comment

Working...
                                X