WICHITA STATE (8-4) at KANSAS (11-1) Pregame Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    So…roll call. Who all will be going to the game? WS16 Jr. and Yours Truly will be heading up the turnpike for this one. Not confident in the Shocks’ ability to be competitive but I’m looking forward to taking the youngster to another ballgame.
    Got 5 headed up

Comment

shox to lose moneyline but cover the spread as long as it’s +24.5. expect a $hit show boy. this ain’ 2015

Comment

Sigh. This is going to be super demoralizing no matter what happens, given the recent number of losses. Obviously we’re going to get smashed, but yeah. Demoralizing.

Comment

Can’t hang hat on this game… I’ll never forget Rick Pitino getting boatraced by over 50 to KU ( KU SCORED 150, I believe!)…. Took it…. Beat them the next year… this game only defines the today state of WSU… not the future…

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
            shox to lose moneyline but cover the spread as long as it’s +24.5. expect a $hit show boy. this ain’ 2015
            But will that 24.5 be difference in scoring or free throws?

Comment

Eldridge pregame on Bell:

Topeka Capital Urinal, Self on series:
              Will Kansas basketball continue to face Wichita State in the years to come? The Jayhawks’ head coach touched on the subject on Thursday.

Kansas City Star, Self on series:
              Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Interesting comments by Self regarding the future of the series. It sure would be nice to come away from this game with a win.
                Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

92-56 KU. The only chance is if we pack in a zone and allow them to shoot three's at will and they only make about 18% of them. We would still probably need to have one of our best offensive games, take care of the ball, and win the battle of the boards. Of course, I'll watch, tape and hopefully rewatch if we can keep it under 15. I'll be focusing on our own team chemistry and how many of our guys are willing to compete once they are down big.

Comment

Screw Bill Self and screw KU. I've always been a proponent of playing KU and K-State. So, I guess hats off to Bill Self for waiting until the program is at its lowest point since 2001 to schedule a game. I get Marshall's first year was bad but there was still a lot of good energy and fan support around the program. It's a win/win for KU. WSU will finish the year around 100, so it's a 99% KU victory, without it being an RPI damaging win. So KU can wash the taste of the 2015 boatracing out of their mouths (when it actually mattered) to kick the **** out of WSU in a meaningless game, and then go hide for another 25 years while Mills turns things around, and we have to wait till the tournament committee pairs us up again.

Even in the KC Star article, they talk on and on about KU's dominance in the series, while saying nothing about the only time the two teams have played this millennium until 3/4 of the way through the article. Almost like they don't want to acknowledge it happened. I thought about going to the game, but decided I couldn't stand the stench of the smug KU/Johnson County arrogance that will be in the T-Mobile Center, while they boast about beating the worst WSU team in almost a quarter century.

Comment

WSU wins by 3.

Comment

$elf will rub WSU’s nose in it, if given the chance…and he’ll very likely have that chance unfortunately. Hoping to keep it reasonable, but I just see it happening.

Three of the next five won’t be pretty. Hopeful to bounce back after those games with some positive results.

Comment

Opens WSU +13. Would touch that with a 10 foot pole

Comment

Mills comes through with the Hickory High magic. Shocks by 1.

Comment

I really do think we're gonna win this game.
                              Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                                I really do think we're gonna win this game.
                                I think the wheels are going to come off a bit. Evidently our players had the flu and covid and stuff. Takes a while to actually recover from that.

plus it’s not like we’ve performed anywhere near decent these last four games. So… I’ve got to think it’s gonna be bad. Which I hate because you can clearly see Self’s arrogance in the article, in that “we’re too good for them”. They play plenty of teams that don’t benefit them. But wait to play us except when they see IB tanking the program.

Comment

Working...
                                X