Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ABC View Post

How was the crowd and atmosphere?
    The “Octagon of Doom” for the home team…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

The “Octagon of Doom” for the home team…
      KState has been getting about 10k per game this year

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post

How was the crowd and atmosphere?
        It was solid in the first half. Seemed sold out and pretty cool having the students along the sidelines compared to the baseline which helps the environment. They had the frisbee dogs perform at half. Because of KSU generating only 12 points in the second half it became a bit more of a funeral vibe with Nebraska fans chanting "Go Big Red" up almost 20. Nice place though and doesn't seem to be a bad seat. Worth a trip if you ever get offered free tickets!
        Last edited by WINGdingBALLfling; December 18, 2023, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          Based on what I've seen from K-State the last couple of weeks, I would've thought we had a pretty good chance of beating them. They absolutely got demolished by a not-so-good Nebraska team at home.

Having said that, we haven't exactly been lighting the place on fire the last couple of weeks either, which gives me pause.

I would imagine we'll be around 5 point dogs in this one and probably come up short. We have some scorers but we just don't have any resemblance of an offense other than XB just driving over and over into the lane without any thought of passing the basketball. Photo is one of the softest 7-footers I've ever seen. And our defense outside of 2 individual players is porous at best.

Sorry but the last 3 games haven bent me a little bit one direction. I'm not expecting miracles in year 1 under Mills but I just don't really see his identity. Again, it's probably because it's so early and we're missing some pieces still. I now don't expect us to be a top-half AAC team and 14 wins is looking like the realistic goal IMO. Sucks.
          Quick question: since when is #42 on KenPom "not-so-good?" SMH

Comment

This will be the kiss of death, but Shox 66, Cats 63

Comment

It all depends on which Pohto we get…

Comment

Based on what I've seen from K-State the last couple of weeks, I would've thought we had a pretty good chance of beating them. They absolutely got demolished by a not-so-good Nebraska team at home.

Having said that, we haven't exactly been lighting the place on fire the last couple of weeks either, which gives me pause.

I would imagine we'll be around 5 point dogs in this one and probably come up short. We have some scorers but we just don't have any resemblance of an offense other than XB just driving over and over into the lane without any thought of passing the basketball. Photo is one of the softest 7-footers I've ever seen. And our defense outside of 2 individual players is porous at best.

Sorry but the last 3 games haven bent me a little bit one direction. I'm not expecting miracles in year 1 under Mills but I just don't really see his identity. Again, it's probably because it's so early and we're missing some pieces still. I now don't expect us to be a top-half AAC team and 14 wins is looking like the realistic goal IMO. Sucks.
                My pessimistic prediction is 16 wins. Optimistic is maybe 19.
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Quick question: since when is #42 on KenPom "not-so-good?" SMH
                  Since when I saw them with my own effing eye balls. Like your mom last night.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post
                    It all depends on which Pohto we get…
                    This. It’s crazy how dominant we are him being tougher. Dude is so soft.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

This. It’s crazy how dominant we are him being tougher. Dude is so soft.
                      Well then, what does that say about HCPM and the rest of the team???? Coach is an idiot for playing such a soft player and/or the entire team is really soft. Which is it? Do we bench the teams leading rebounder?

Comment

Since when I saw them with my own effing eye balls. Like your mom last night.
                        Are we talking about K-State? I'm showing them at #67? That's a pretty big difference from #42. Did they fall off 25 spots (> 50% of the reported figure) in single day, or am I missing something here?
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

They're #92 in NET
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

Well then, what does that say about HCPM and the rest of the team???? Coach is an idiot for playing such a soft player and/or the entire team is really soft. Which is it? Do we bench the teams leading rebounder?
                            It says that we’re short on players, and that despite him being soft, he’s still of value. He can be soft AND still contribute. I don’t deny that he’s one of our best players. But when he turns it on and gets tougher, you see a huge step up in how the team performs. I’m allowed to critique one of our best players for not getting bunnies and easy buckets, for being unable to even finish over a 6’2 opponent right under the basket. He’s better than that and we all know it.

Don’t know why you’re getting getting triggered over something that’s not exactly a controversial statement, and has been noticed and said many times here by many others.

Comment

What you see as "soft" I see as his overall skill level. He is giving the effort but lacks the skill to finish. In general, big men are just clumsier and don't possess the same finesse as smaller guys. He doesn't have fluid moves around the basket. That does not make him "soft". Others may think that but I am not in that camp.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                                What you see as "soft" I see as his overall skill level. He is giving the effort but lacks the skill to finish. In general, big men are just clumsier and don't possess the same finesse as smaller guys. He doesn't have fluid moves around the basket. That does not make him "soft". Others may think that but I am not in that camp.
                                I would agree with you except that we’ve seen two versions of him, one where he gets aggressive and forces his presence to be known, and the other less so. The last few games has been the second, but he’s popped off before with the first version, and it’s a night and day difference.

So I think he’s got the skill. It’s either a mental thing or an effort thing, and I don’t think he’s “not trying.” I just think he’s mentally soft and doesn’t possess the ideal aggressive stance that we need. We see it when opposing centers who are his size and experienced just push him around so easily.

Comment

Working...
                                X