• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WICHITA STATE (8-3) at KANSAS STATE (8-3) Pregame Discussion

Thursday, Dec. 21 | 7:30 p.m. CDT
    Kansas City, Mo. | T-Mobile Center

TV: ESPN+
    Radio: KEYN 103.7 FM with Mike Kennedy & Bob Hull

I would welcome parking suggestions in P&L area from those who are more familiar with going to events there.

Making my season debut. Going with my wife, my son, and a friend (father figure). Planning to leave Lawrence (where friend lives…I know, I know) around 5:30, so that should be sufficient for 7:30 tipoff, right?
    78-65

Comment

Someone told me they have a fair amount of reserved parking. Seems odd to me. But for$15 at a concert they had a parking spot.

Comment

Shoxs 69 to 66
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Shockers 65

Wildcats 61
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I have heard/read from two different accounts that Coach Tang was not at all happy with the way his player was removed ostensibly at the Presidents request. I know he was quoted as saying that all parties involved worked together. But at the same time two different accounts seem to think that Coach Tang is not happy and will be gone after this season. Anyone else hear anything along those lines. Of course it could be someone using a ******* tactic to stir up the rabble.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
              I have heard/read from two different accounts that Coach Tang was not at all happy with the way his player was removed ostensibly at the Presidents request. I know he was quoted as saying that all parties involved worked together. But at the same time two different accounts seem to think that Coach Tang is not happy and will be gone after this season. Anyone else hear anything along those lines. Of course it could be someone using a ******* tactic to stir up the rabble.
              Fitz: Kansas State basketball coach Jerome Tang may not be staying Fitz: Kansas State basketball coach Jerome Tang may not be staying Fitz: Kansas State basketball coach Jerome Tang may not be staying

Comment

Based on what I've seen from K-State the last couple of weeks, I would've thought we had a pretty good chance of beating them. They absolutely got demolished by a not-so-good Nebraska team at home.

Having said that, we haven't exactly been lighting the place on fire the last couple of weeks either, which gives me pause.

I would imagine we'll be around 5 point dogs in this one and probably come up short. We have some scorers but we just don't have any resemblance of an offense other than XB just driving over and over into the lane without any thought of passing the basketball. Photo is one of the softest 7-footers I've ever seen. And our defense outside of 2 individual players is porous at best.

Sorry but the last 3 games haven bent me a little bit one direction. I'm not expecting miracles in year 1 under Mills but I just don't really see his identity. Again, it's probably because it's so early and we're missing some pieces still. I now don't expect us to be a top-half AAC team and 14 wins is looking like the realistic goal IMO. Sucks.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Shox - 65

Kats - 72
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Shox 67
                    KSU #$?%!
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      Based on what I've seen from K-State the last couple of weeks, I would've thought we had a pretty good chance of beating them. They absolutely got demolished by a not-so-good Nebraska team at home.

Having said that, we haven't exactly been lighting the place on fire the last couple of weeks either, which gives me pause.

I would imagine we'll be around 5 point dogs in this one and probably come up short. We have some scorers but we just don't have any resemblance of an offense other than XB just driving over and over into the lane without any thought of passing the basketball. Photo is one of the softest 7-footers I've ever seen. And our defense outside of 2 individual players is porous at best.

Sorry but the last 3 games haven bent me a little bit one direction. I'm not expecting miracles in year 1 under Mills but I just don't really see his identity. Again, it's probably because it's so early and we're missing some pieces still. I now don't expect us to be a top-half AAC team and 14 wins is looking like the realistic goal IMO. Sucks.
                      Hard to disagree with a lot of this. Particularly on the game Thursday. Because our last three games have been pretty meh, no doubt.

Probably belongs in another thread, but KenPom has us at 18 wins as its projection as of today. If we end up with 14, then either we are overvalued a bit or the AAC is undervalued some. I actually think the opposite could be true, but hard to say. I feel like 16-20 is where we will end up - The conference is bad.

Cats: 78
                      Shox: 69

Comment

There are 3 guys who can score it for K-State. Perry, Carter, and Kaluma. Perry has a fantastic A/TO but hasn't shot the ball well. I think Bell actually matches up okay with him. Cam Carter has been a volume shooter we need to keep from getting open looks, but he's no sniper. Kaluma is the one that worries me. I don't think he's a great matchup for Rogers or Beverly. We'll probably need to put DeGray/Abidde/Ridgnal on him majority of the time. I'm not overly worried about N'Guessan or McNair inside and I actually think N'Guessan is a good matchup for Pohto as he shouldn't have to track him too much to the 3-point line.

Question will be on the offensive side. Against B12 length how well will we score at the rim. If we can make 7 or 8 3's then I think we'll have a fighting chance.

Comment

I've only been truly stunned a handful of times in my life. Yesterday's Husker/Cat score was one of those....

Comment

I made my first trip up to Bramlege yesterday. The second half was like watching WSU vs SDSU. KSU has some solid guards in Tylor Perry and Cam Carter, but they seem to be pretty weak down low outside of Kaluma. If we can control the boards and not have a shooting percentage from 2 in the below 30% range, then I think the Shocks have a solid shot at getting a W.

WSU - 71
                            KSU - 68

Comment

Originally posted by WINGdingBALLfling View Post
                              I made my first trip up to Bramlege yesterday. The second half was like watching WSU vs SDSU. KSU has some solid guards in Tylor Perry and Cam Carter, but they seem to be pretty weak down low outside of Kaluma. If we can control the boards and not have a shooting percentage from 2 in the below 30% range, then I think the Shocks have a solid shot at getting a W.

WSU - 71
                              KSU - 68
                              How was the crowd and atmosphere?

Comment

Working...
                              X