No announcement yet.

WICHITA STATE (8-3) at KANSAS STATE (8-3) Pregame Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spent 12 weeks in Japan several years ago and remember getting up at 5 or 6 AM to get the radio broadcast on internet. No ESPN+ then.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
      What is the best KSU message board that doesn't cost/? GOEMAW seems like mostly pure sarcasm.
      K-StateFans.com: a K-State community. Come join the number one forum for Kansas State Wildcat fans!

They are concerned about their game with WSU after that embarrassing loss to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Do you ever watch the ESPN+ games on replay? I lived in Germany for a couple of years and can empathize with your struggle to watch North American sports. I mostly got used to skipping games but stayed up till 4am in back to back years only to watch my favorite hockey team (Toronto) get knocked out of the playoffs.
        I do for the smaller games, but if I’m being honest, sports isn’t very fun by yourself. So for the decent to bit games, I’ll stay up and keep an eye on Reddit and here. Makes me feel included and involved, whereas if I just watch a replay by myself, I just care less.

Doesn’t help that the Brits don’t understand college sports or care about basketball in general haha. It’s all about soccer (football) here, and I gotta be honest, I hate that sport.

So ESPN+ is absolutely huge for me, and I have to VPN in to watch it. For the espn only games, I’ve gotta VPN to my grandparents recordings of them on Xfinity or something lol. For those, I gotta stay off my phone otherwise I’ll go crazy ruining the score for myself before I get to watch.

Comment

I guess I'm the oddball. I hate watching games on tv with other people. My house could burn down around me and I wouldn't know it unless it burned me or my tv.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
            I guess I'm the oddball. I hate watching games on tv with other people. My house could burn down around me and I wouldn't know it unless it burned me or my tv.
            Well, if you are, then so am I. I’m fortunate to have a man cave to escape to in order to watch the Shox and Chiefs. I haven’t lived in Wichita since 1983 but have tried to follow both teams over the years through many postings and deployments overseas as well as stateside. It was always fun to learn how many people even had awareness of WSU but I always had to explain what a Wheatshocker was. Fun times!

Comment

For those who've watched K State, Kaluma can hit threes and he can work inside. Can either Pohto or Ballard guard him?
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                Same. I'll do the occasional "other people" game thing....but 99% I'm tuned in parked all by my lonesome. I don't even do Super Bowl parties. Maybe twice in all my years. Enjoy socializing but when it's Shocker game time.....grab me a beer dear with a pretty please of course. Lol.
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

TIME OUT!!

Can we get back to talking about the game instead of each other? If you want to make a thread about where and how you watch the game, please do that.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    TIME OUT!!

Can we get back to talking about the game instead of each other? If you want to make a thread about where and how you watch the game, please do that.
                    Well it was pointed out I should post about something besides Pohto hahaha. In all seriousness I’m nervous about this game. We’ve had a slide back in progress lately, and I want to see it corrected emphatically against K-State. I’m not sure we do that. But man I’m happy to have RD3, and it’s rather unfortunate we’re unlikely to have Cortes.

Comment

TIME OUT!!

Chill dude.
                      whoever scores the most points will win
                      Both teams are unpredictable so who knows?

Comment

A year ago we were having legitimate discussions on if 5'11 walk-on Melvion Flanagan was our second best player.

Take a deep breath and relax. We're better than we have been, and we're 11 games in. Next couple weeks may surprise you. Buckle up.
                        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

TIME OUT!!

Chill, Gramps!!!! Don't join the thread police.....already too many on the force....:)

Comment

Being in San Diego I watch almost all games exclusively by ESPN+ replay. Can skip commercials and watch or rewind at my pace. Also generally watch solo as nobody wants to be around me when the Shox are playing, except occasionally my 11 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                              A year ago we were having legitimate discussions on if 5'11 walk-on Melvion Flanagan was our second best player.

Take a deep breath and relax. We're better than we have been, and we're 11 games in. Next couple weeks may surprise you. Buckle up.
                              Counter Point is would feel a hell of a lot better if we had an NBA PG on the roster like we did last year :p

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Counter Point is would feel a hell of a lot better if we had an NBA PG on the roster like we did last year :p
                                Tru dat! I can't even imagine CP in this offense with this group under Mills. Me thinks we would be "rolling" quite well and probably on the brink of Top-25 squad about right now.
                                FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X