• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Looked like 4500-5500 on tv.
    I thought it was alot fuller than that, actually more than we have had
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

it was slightly above 7,100, which was about 1,000 above normal.
      Nice, hope it keeps trending up
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• “I don’t think people understand how much energy that provides and how much it helps,” WSU head coach Paul Mills said of the lively crowd. “It’s sometimes a huge intimidating factor because it’s difficult to make shots and run and execute plays when you can’t hear. I thought the crowd was phenomenal and kind of pushed us over the top tonight.”

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post

I thought it was alot fuller than that, actually more than we have had
          By far the largest crowd of the year. We were estimating 7,000+ from the handicapped section. For the most part, the crowd was enthusiastic and energized… especially down the stretch and also during the Red Panda halftime show. The crowd made the difference on a couple of late defensive possessions. I’d say the best crowd we’ve had in 2-3 years and hopefully something to build on.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            “I don’t think people understand how much energy that provides and how much it helps,” WSU head coach Paul Mills said of the lively crowd. “It’s sometimes a huge intimidating factor because it’s difficult to make shots and run and execute plays when you can’t hear. I thought the crowd was phenomenal and kind of pushed us over the top tonight.”

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Looked like 4500-5500 on tv.
              Way more than that. Over 7000 and loud.
              I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Only 2 players make a FG in 2nd half. Look for future opponents to take away XB and CR like SIU did the last 3 min and nearly win. Where are the inside touches? SIU did it the whole 2nd half to us....

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Didn't see you again. Starting to take it personally.

We haven't seen anyone better than Johnson.

DeGray certainly was a nice surprise. But he sure ate into Ridgnal's minutes.

Crowd was very good compared to the last 3+ seasons, no doubt.

After it was 19-4, one could argue the Dawgs very much controlled the game.

You and I barely move that 80s needle.

SIU was certainly helped by the addition of Jerrett Hensley who, like DeGray, was playing in his 1st game for SIU. He didn't play much for Cincinnati but his size and strength and 8 points in 18 minutes certainly helped SIU against our bigs. It's hard to imagine they can't finish 1-2 in the Valley with that team.

But Indiana State beat them by 30. THIRTY.
                    1 or 2 eh? SIU is currently in 9th place in their conference. The Shocks will fare better in the AAC than they would in the The Valley this year (and probably last too). The Sycamore/Belmont game last March was one of the best games I've seen in years.

Fortunately for us fans last nights game was in the Roundhouse...

Comment

• Fun game to watch from the desert southwest!!! The last play of the game was PERFECT!!! I'm so glad they free'd III. Way to make a debut young man!!!

Go Shocks!!!!
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktheheck View Post
                        Only 2 players make a FG in 2nd half. Look for future opponents to take away XB and CR like SIU did the last 3 min and nearly win. Where are the inside touches? SIU did it the whole 2nd half to us....
                        That would be an issue if that was the case EVERY game. We still have a good number of people that can score on any given night. I am not all that worried about our scoring long term. Offense comes and goes for just about every team. That is why defense is so important to help carry you through those times. That is where we need to improve IMHO.
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I think we need to improve and grow on both sides of the ball. But I agree we have more work that is needed on the defensive side of the coin.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            I think we need to improve and grow on both sides of the ball. But I agree we have more work that is needed on the defensive side of the coin.
                            Oh I agree. Didn't mean to imply our offense was perfectly fine. It's definitely not. I am just not AS worried about it as I am consistently stopping other teams when our offense is struggling.
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              I think we need to improve and grow on both sides of the ball. But I agree we have more work that is needed on the defensive side of the coin.
                              Agree and somewhat baffling last night; I thought we were really solid defensively for the first 10-12 minutes of the game. We really took them out of any rhythm. Once SIU made adjustments, our defensive had lapses the remainder of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

How many assists?
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X