SOUTHERN ILLINOIS (6-3) at WICHITA STATE (7-3) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

We will see about that soon. Of course they will be favored to beat us. If we only have 6 turnovers, our slim chances improve.

The Shocks need some inbounds plays. We struggle getting the ball in too often.
    We need to give 'em the ol' Hail-Mary-Pass-Fake-360-Sit-N-Spin-Flea-Flicker play.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post
      I know some aren’t thrilled with XB. However, he is playing out of position and still is doing his part to try to get things to happen. Without him, we would have lost easily tonight. He’s not afraid to attack the basket. He’s far more aggressive than a certain big man we have from Sweden.
      He definitely played very well tonight.

Comment

• Well, DeGray made an impact in his first game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

We need to give 'em the ol' Hail-Mary-Pass-Fake-360-Sit-N-Spin-Flea-Flicker play.
          We need to also run the picket fence followed by the 5 man statue of liberty.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Whew! Rim protection without fouling. DeGray? We need him. Roger's got real hot or we lose. How good was Johnson? He had 9 assists and the Shocks had 10. We now face K-State at 8-3. If we keep our turnovers to 6 as tonight, we have a chance.
            Johnson had five turnovers and the Shocks had 6.
            I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

We need to also run the picket fence followed by the 5 man statue of liberty.
              Yes! Maybe the ol' smash it into the face of the guy guarding you, to back him off a little next time too!

OR!! The ol' bing it off the backboard play!

Comment

• Just got back from game… several thoughts:
                * if the Shocks have played against a better player than Johnson, I’d like to be reminded who it was… EASILY the best player on the floor, either team
                * DeGray will be a BIG help, even if he does not score
                *LOVED SIU’s motion offense… felt Shocks were sluggish
                * to say KP is an enigma is to understate enigmas
                * a little too much one on one( I HATE the phrase ‘hero ball’)
                * I thought the crowd was great , late
                * average age of the crowd… low 80s… oldest crowd in the world

a win is a win

did I mention I’d throw TONS of NIL money at Johnson??☺️

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

And, what, 8'3" on the unicycle?
                  Actually 8’9” with the bowls, pretty good dribbler…..

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                    Just got back from game… several thoughts:
                    * if the Shocks have played against a better player than Johnson, I’d like to be reminded who it was… EASILY the best player on the floor, either team

a win is a win

A career 7 ppg scorer means he has either improved a lot or his coaches have been idiots.

Comment

• Johnson and the big man for SIU played a lot of the 2 man game together. They played it well. Too bad the Shocks didn't employ the hack a shack on the big guy. 38% from the charity stripe. Game wouldn't have been as close. But the W is the W. Even sucky Michigan State took undefeated Baylor out to the shed today.

Comment

• That was the loudest it's been in CKA since Marshall was coaching. The 2nd half was fun to watch the last 10 minutes of game time. We struggled to guard the pick-n-roll in the 2nd half until the last few plays. Johnson makes it hard because he can head downhill so fast and dish it at the last minute. I'm sure he does that to a lot of teams.
                        RD3 is going to be a defensive presence for us. QB got the credit but RD3 blocked that last shot. Rogers was really good the 2nd half. Bell played a good game but I'm sure will not be appreciated on here. He had 20 points and 1 turnover. Plus he defended Johnson a good part of the game, and was more effective than anyone else.
                        I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

A career 7 ppg scorer means he has either improved a lot or his coaches have been idiots.
                          Doesn't appear much has changed.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                            Just got back from game… several thoughts:

a win is a win

We need a bag man .. get them talking to Johnson and Mayo

Comment

• Good crowd tonight. loud and proud when we needed it. Average age was not Tulsa like. If you count my section then the average age was closer to mid 30's. Red Panda was impressive and the crowd was appreciative. My game experience has never been better. Thank you ADKS. Shocks had it in the bag when they went up 10 but forgot to close the bag and the ugly dog got out and almost bit em in the ass. Hopefully another learning experience tonight. Fun game and atmosphere. Getting back to where it needs to be. A couple more thousand and it will be like old times. Can't add any more to what others have said it was truly a roller coaster ride of emotion tonight but I got my money's worth.

Comment

• For people who like to count Xavier’s shots:

8/14, 20 points, 1 TO.

Comment

Working...
                                X