SOUTHERN ILLINOIS (6-3) at WICHITA STATE (7-3) Pregame Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    Lol! I doubt either team or conference gives a rats a$$. We are better off out of that hell hole of a conference. Can't honestly believe it is still brought up.
    Just wish our current conference ranking (with Warren Nolan anyway) was better. Right now, we are behind the #7 Moutain West, #8 Atlantic-10, #9 Missouri Valley. Not sure how much ground, if any, can be made up after conference play gets underway.

Comment

Rather be here than there regardless of the metrics. Give me Charlotte, Tampa, Philly, Dallas over Normal, Springfield, Des Moine, Cedar Falls any day
      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
        Rather be here than there regardless of the metrics. Give me Charlotte, Tampa, Philly, Dallas over Normal, Springfield, Des Moine, Cedar Falls any day
        Looks good on paper for sure...but wtf? Losing Houston, Cincy and the fastest growing university for the big time "names" the retiring AAC president guy desperately brought in kinda sucks. It is what is is. But ****.
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

If anyone has any extras today, please let me know. First game of the year I’m able to attend. Thanks.

Comment

DeGray will play.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              DeGray will play.

Yup!
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                Didn't say I wished we were back in the Valley. However, big cities mean nothing if your basketball programs are behind lesser named cities/conferences. Add to that SMU is leaving and probably Memphis at some point in the near future. This conference is currently sucking in basketball, and we are a basketball school. We can puff up are chests and tout cities like Charlotte, Tampa. Philly, Dallas (oh wait, might as well scratch Dallas), but that is not currently bringing better basketball to the conference. Sorry, this conference currently sucks in basketball and losing SMU, and maybe Memphis someday, will not help change that.

Comment

Is Degray going to be available the rest of the season?

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                    Is Degray going to be available the rest of the season?
                    Yup

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Yup
                      Really? I haven't been able to keep up with all the TRO news but I thought it was only 2 week period.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Really? I haven't been able to keep up with all the TRO news but I thought it was only 2 week period.
                        NCAA recognized they were being stupid and said it will be until the end of the season. Question only is if Degray wants to use this year or redshirt -- ball is in his court.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Yup
                          My understanding is that the judge felt that the waiver system was unfair, so he ruled against the NCAA but gave them 14 days to build a case in support of their waiver system.
                          In other words it's only 14 days right now but likely to be here forward unless the NCAA can convince him otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

My understanding is that the judge felt that the waiver system was unfair, so he ruled against the NCAA but gave them 14 days to build a case in support of their waiver system.
                            In other words it's only 14 days right now but likely to be here forward unless the NCAA can convince him otherwise.
                            The NCAA is allowing multi-transfer players to play this entire season, starting a couple days ago. It's a done deal. They are all eligible to play now, but if they do they will of course use one of their seasons of eligibility.

Here's an article for clarity: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth...ly/ar-AA1lzOqN
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

The NCAA is allowing multi-transfer players to play this entire season, starting a couple days ago. It's a done deal. They are all eligible to play now, but if they do they will of course use one of their seasons of eligibility.

Here's an article for clarity: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth...ly/ar-AA1lzOqN
                              Thanks kung, I hadn't heard that.

Comment

Originally posted by hardyhar16 View Post
                                If anyone has any extras today, please let me know. First game of the year I’m able to attend. Thanks.
                                Pretty sure there’s plenty at walk up.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X