• Show
Clear All

• SOUTHERN ILLINOIS (6-3) at WICHITA STATE (7-3) Pregame Discussion

Saturday, Dec. 16 | 6:00 p.m. CT
    Wichita, Kan. | Charles Koch Arena

WHITE OUT

TV: ESPN+
    Radio: KEYN 103.7 FM with Mike Kennedy & Dave Dahl

If we don’t score as many points as them, we will probably lose.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Did you forget to put up your parka hood today? Your brain may have gotten a little too cold.

Comment

SIU just lost to Austin Peay (at home) tonight ... If we don't win this one .. its a REALLY bad sign for the direction of the program

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
          Did you forget to put up your parka hood today? Your brain may have gotten a little too cold.
          No. Today was high 20’s and we got about 15” of snow.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

WSU 77
            SIU. 68
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
              WSU 77
              SIU. 68
              I don’t know. I need to see a breakaway win with this one to feel better. 9 pt won’t do it. And even then, I’m still not convinced we can win against good or even decent teams

Comment

Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

I don’t know. I need to see a breakaway win with this one to feel better. 9 pt won’t do it. And even then, I’m still not convinced we can win against good or even decent teams
                agree. I thought the same about SDSU and we blew that one. Anything outside of a curb stomp is gonna feel unsatisfying.

Comment

Shoxs rebound...87 to 72
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I think me and mrs p will put in an appearance for the first time in forever.

Comment

The final score doesn't matter to me as much. I just wish for the win. On any given night any team can have an off game. Any given team can be clicking.

Preseason #5 Michigan State lost their opener to this season to James freaking Madison.
                      Ivy league perennial power Penn beat ranked Villanova.
                      Carolina Greensboro knocked off ranked Arkansas.
                      Flippity Bryant beat a ranked FAU team in the away floor.
                      Colorado State crushed a ranked Creighton team.
                      Northwestern beat #1 ranked Purdue in a huge jack the giant killer moment.
                      Drexel beat ranked Virginia.
                      Carolina Wilmington beat a ranked Kentucky team.

There are a lot of upsets. They happen. I'll enjoy the wins and the good play. The selfish and crappy play and the losses not so much.

Comment

In the play-by-play, SIU had the ball, down 2, with 10 seconds left. Their star player turned the ball over, never getting off a potential game-tying or game-winning shot.

Comment

SIU should be better than SDSU. We didn't learn anything as fans from the SDSU game other than our team can apparently come out unfocused and not give a damn. Hopefully the team learned something themselves from that atrocity. This game could go either way.

Shox - 73

Uglies - 72
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
                            The final score doesn't matter to me as much. I just wish for the win. On any given night any team can have an off game. Any given team can be clicking.

Preseason #5 Michigan State lost their opener to this season to James freaking Madison.
                            Ivy league perennial power Penn beat ranked Villanova.
                            Carolina Greensboro knocked off ranked Arkansas.
                            Flippity Bryant beat a ranked FAU team in the away floor.
                            Colorado State crushed a ranked Creighton team.
                            Northwestern beat #1 ranked Purdue in a huge jack the giant killer moment.
                            Drexel beat ranked Virginia.
                            Carolina Wilmington beat a ranked Kentucky team.

There are a lot of upsets. They happen. I'll enjoy the wins and the good play. The selfish and crappy play and the losses not so much.
                            Just for the record, both James Madison (20/20) and Colorado State (17/18) are ranked teams and those upsets aren't near as bad as some may think. Hell, even Northwestern (25/RV) is surprisingly good. Michigan State isn't receiving any votes and I believe has a losing record. Villanova isn't receiving votes. Arkansas isn't receiving votes. Neither appear to be near as good as they were in the last few years. Michigan State is just bad right now.

Not saying upsets don't happen because they do, especially in basketball. It's just that some of the examples seem a little short sighted and based solely on name recognition than actual product on the court.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

SIU only put seven on the floor last night, and two starters played the full 40 minutes. They didn't play their 6'10 reserve center who had been playing 11 mpg, presumably because Peay doesn't have anyone over 6'8. So I doubt they'll hold him out of our game.

Interesting that they have Tulane transfer RJ McGee. He played 17 mpg last year, averaging 4.4 points. During his four years at Tulane he started 27 games. He has only played in 6 of 9 games for SIU this year, averaging 7 minutes. I can't think he's happy with that decision for his last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X