No announcement yet.

SOUTHERN ILLINOIS (6-3) at WICHITA STATE (7-3) Pregame Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They really need to find a way to win this one. If they don't, then they have a 3-game losing streak that could easily be 6, then if they lose to Temple on the road it becomes a 9-game losing streak.

Now defensively, SIU is not the SIU of the old Valley days. They are average on D. They can be beaten in the paint, but they don't rebound that well. The only thing they do well is guard the 3pt line.

Comment

This game is definitely a must win. It will be so deflating if we lose these next three games. Although their current players never experienced WSU in the Valley, I bet the current ugly dogs have been schooled up on the history and are probably feeling confident after last weekend's nonsense. Everybody in the Valley will hang a banner if we let SIU get this one. We can't let that happen.

Comment

Wichita State left the Valley for greener pastures, and have yet to find the success that was envisioned. The old Valley schools have not forgotten, and will use the extra motivation against the Shockers. I'm sure it will be a dog fight.

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
          Wichita State left the Valley for greener pastures, and have yet to find the success that was envisioned. The old Valley schools have not forgotten, and will use the extra motivation against the Shockers. I'm sure it will be a dog fight.

I can't imagine any current southern Illinois player gives rats patootie about that ancient history.

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Dog fight. Clever!

Comment

Bounce back game. Shocks 79-69

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                This game is definitely a must win. It will be so deflating if we lose these next three games. Although their current players never experienced WSU in the Valley, I bet the current ugly dogs have been schooled up on the history and are probably feeling confident after last weekend's nonsense. Everybody in the Valley will hang a banner if we let SIU get this one. We can't let that happen.
                Pretty sure the banner was hung after we lost to Drake a few years ago. They'll update it with each victory thereafter. Can't allow it to happen again though.
                Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Does the SIU board we used to visit no longer exist or did I just completely forget what the hell it was? I was just going to go look at what they may be thinking and I can't find it. It was a decent board to from what I remember.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    Does the SIU board we used to visit no longer exist or did I just completely forget what the hell it was? I was just going to go look at what they may be thinking and I can't find it. It was a decent board to from what I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      You mean Saluki Talk? Pretty sure that died with Valley Talk.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

You mean Saluki Talk? Pretty sure that died with Valley Talk.
                        I'm not completely sure of the name now, but it was around when we left the Valley. I used to be a member of all of the Valley boards and would participate from time to time on each of them. Obviously haven't logged in since we left. They were a good group, at least when I was still around they were. But it appears that board has died as the one Royal linked to definitely isn't the one I was on.

This new one doesn't seem near as active as what I remember from the old one. Disappointing.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Though I'll also add that the best April Fools prank I've seen is when Royal and their guy swapped skins/colors or whatever that day. Talk about a visual shock to the system.

Good times.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I sure hope we get our inside game rolling again. Last game was brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

I can't imagine any current southern Illinois player gives rats patootie about that ancient history.
                              no, they know nothing.. but their coach does.

i would expect that coach to have that team at their best. even so, shockers could still win. i won't bet on that game, though, as i expect a post sdsu funk is a real possibility. you cant just snap your fingers and come out of a funk in college athletics.

Comment

Lol! I doubt either team or conference gives a rats a$$. We are better off out of that hell hole of a conference. Can't honestly believe it is still brought up.

Comment

Working...
                                X