Intrust Ticket Sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

that's weird .. I doubt those sold out . wonder if they are closing off the entire top?

Yea, I'm guessing the entire top is closed now .. guess i should be expecting an email with a ticket change.

EDIT: looks like they are actively making changes. Now some 15 dollar lower level end court tickets.
    This is good. Will be a better atmosphere.

Comment

Is this game still not going to be broadcast anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
        Last I heard .. that's correct.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

This is good. Will be a better atmosphere.
          While i do agree to an extent ... I pick specific seats in the upper deck that are better that 99% of the ones in the lower deck lol

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

While i do agree to an extent ... I pick specific seats in the upper deck that are better that 99% of the ones in the lower deck lol
            Did you get a change notice?

I believe they kept the 4 center court sections on the upper bowl and reassigned the rest of the upper bowl sold seats to those sections and any remaining down below in the ends on the top 3 rows.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
              I originally had seats in 206, which I call my "poor mans club seats" since they are right next to all the boxes, and the section only has a few rows. I just got notice of being moved, and it looks like they put me at the top of 106, instead of in the nosebleed of the 200s on the other side. Glad to see the IBA box office made it right, otherwise I would have been at trading upper deck row 2 seats for row twenty something.
              I'm guessing you got your notice because they are shutting off the upper deck.

How the mighty have fallen.

I just picked up tickets for my family in the lower bowl. Probably paid double (at least) what they will put them on sale for eventually, oh well. We'll be there supporting the team regardless.

Was DT for unrelated issues so I only got dinged for a $4 "facility fee" (per ticket of course). A lot better than online at least. With the $50 savings I can buy half an order of stale nachos!

IKBIC

Comment

Originally posted by shocktown View Post

Did you get a change notice?

I believe they kept the 4 center court sections on the upper bowl and reassigned the rest of the upper bowl sold seats to those sections and any remaining down below in the ends on the top 3 rows.
                I have not yet. So that makes sense

Comment

Yep we always sit in the upper bowl. Great seats and cheaper as well

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

I might be able to agree with the ROI argument, however pretty sure I see people mentioning cheap tickets on the marketplace...etc going unpurchased.

I do think WSU needs to come down on their prices some.

I kind of think this argument is a cop-out in some ways. Does it affect attendance? Yes. Does it affect it to the degree some want to argue it does? I am skeptical.
                    I can only talk from my experience. 15 years ago, season tickets were running approximately $200.00 ($400.00 for two), while in 2020, they were costing $1600.00 (which today would have included Friends U for $50.00) for two in the higher echelons of the arena. Those prices including SASO donations which at the earlier time were tax deductible. When my parents who had tickets for years, passed away, I was asked if I wanted to move down, which when I found out how much those tickets would cost, I said, No. When the pandemic happened, I along with a large amount of season ticket purchasers, declined to continue purchasing. I don't know what the prices are now, but that was a huge increase for upper arena seats, and I imagine that the prices haven't declined.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I can only talk from my experience. 15 years ago, season tickets were running approximately $200.00 ($400.00 for two), while in 2020, they were costing $1600.00 (which today would have included Friends U for $50.00) for two in the higher echelons of the arena. Those prices including SASO donations which at the earlier time were tax deductible. When my parents who had tickets for years, passed away, I was asked if I wanted to move down, which when I found out how much those tickets would cost, I said, No. When the pandemic happened, I along with a large amount of season ticket purchasers, declined to continue purchasing. I don't know what the prices are now, but that was a huge increase for upper arena seats, and I imagine that the prices haven't declined.
                      They have mostly remained flat since COVID .. which isn't to say they are cheap .. but haven't gone up much

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

This. If the top 5 rows of even just part of the arena were set at a season ticket price of $400 ($300 ticket/$100 SASO), I bet you would see a lot of them sell. One interesting psychological aspect about even "cheap" season ticket holders is the fact the ticket cost is already incurred long before the season, so buying concessions doesn't seem like as much of a pile-on of cost. When I had season tickets I almost always got a soda or popcorn because it didn't feel added onto my ticket cost at the moment.
                        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

This. If the top 5 rows of even just part of the arena were set at a season ticket price of $400 ($300 ticket/$100 SASO), I bet you would see a lot of them sell. One interesting psychological aspect about even "cheap" season ticket holders is the fact the ticket cost is already incurred long before the season, so buying concessions doesn't seem like as much of a pile-on of cost. When I had season tickets I almost always got a soda or popcorn because it didn't feel added onto my ticket cost at the moment.
                          Yup I normally always get concessions .. doesn't help I have to walk by the Qdoba to get to my seats .. which is actually one of the more reasonably priced concession compared to what you can get outside the arena.

Comment

• IMO streaming availability and the portal (not knowing the players) are the 800 pound gorillas. Everything else is incidental.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                              No TV/Video Stream. Radio broadcast on FM 103.7

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

No TV/Video Stream. Radio broadcast on FM 103.7
                                Damn. Guess this will be the first game missed watching in I can't remember how long.
                                FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X