X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shox 73
    Spiders 61

STL preseason #6 and Richmond #11 in A10
    I’ll be disappointed if we don’t control this game fairly easy.
    They do have program continuity and a good coach but I think we should control and win

Comment

Several thoughts....first, the Shockers SHOULD win tonight...after all the coach who couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag beat them on their home floor last year...

Secondly....I like the job Mills is doing A LOT, and I'm happy to eat crow, but 2-4 over the next 6 seems MOST likely to me...

Doc, hopefully look you up tonight...

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
        Several thoughts....first, the Shockers SHOULD win tonight...after all the coach who couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag beat them on their home floor last year...

Secondly....I like the job Mills is doing A LOT, and I'm happy to eat crow, but 2-4 over the next 6 seems MOST likely to me...

Doc, hopefully look you up tonight...
        So if you think we should beat Richmond and are gonna go 2-4 in the next 6, you’re saying we’re gonna drop a turd to SDSU or SIU? That sounds very Brownish to me.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          How did I end up on the UNI board?
          Thought the same thing. It appears the liberty loss was a resume builder.

Comment

I expect this team to have a really bad game or 2 and a really good game or 2. We could beat a KU on a really good game if they play poorly, and lose to SDSU if we play poorly and they play well. That's why games are played.

I have no expectations but will enjoy the development of the team.

Comment

Richmond has a7 footer who plays a nice game. It will be interesting to watch our 2 bigs attack around the hoop. Especially anxious to see how KP holds up.

They use him much like we use KP as a high post for passing. But he will set up beyond the 3 point line while their team clears the lane and makes backdoor cuts. I suspect we go zone quite a bit to try and stop that.
              Last edited by Atxshoxfan; November 29, 2023, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Tickets on vivid seats as low as seven dollars . there's a nine dollar ticket in section 112 which is pretty amazing . six to seven dollar ticket fees of course

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

So if you think we should beat Richmond and are gonna go 2-4 in the next 6, you’re saying we’re gonna drop a turd to SDSU or SIU? That sounds very Brownish to me.
                  I said SHOULD....mostly tongue in cheek...because, you know if BROWN could beat them, a real coach should....

and again, I think Mills is doing great except that one game where he OBVIOUSLY got outcoached.....but this is a tough stretch for these 8 kids...
                  Mizzou...loss
                  SDS.......toss up, but thinking loss
                  SIU.......win
                  KSU....loss
                  KU......loss

As i said...2-4...

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                    I think Mills is doing great except that one game where he OBVIOUSLY got outcoached.....

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Someone in the past used to have the saying, “When ifs and buts become candy and nuts, we’ll all have a Merry Christmas.” Don’t remember who it was, but seems relevant to some comments lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        If we can win our next 5 games and finish in the top 3 in the AAC, we might be in the hunt for an atl large.
                        Puff, puff, pass!
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Puff, puff, pass!
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

"Keep on knockin' but you can't come in!"

"Hurry back, I miss you already darling!"

"His name is RALPH, man!"
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Since we're talking "if's", I've put some serious thinking about this season and have figured out what needs to be done. If we can score more points than our opponents in each game for the rest of the season. Not only will we win the AAC but we will win the NCAA tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

"Keep on knockin' but you can't come in!"

"Hurry back, I miss you already darling!"

"His name is RALPH, man!"
                                "Dave's not here man."

Comment

Working...
                                X