No announcement yet.

RICHMOND (4-2) at WICHITA STATE (6-1) Pregame Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bad. If we win the next 6 games - not 5. If we have W's over Missouri, Richmond, KU, and K State and finish in the top 3 in the AAC, we have a chance or an atr large. About the size of that chance of winning the next 6 - I believe there's a line from a movie that goes like this, "So, you're saying there is chance".

In my defense, ESPN doesn't list our game against K State. I just saw that KU was in the next 5. I won't be predicting a W in that game.

ESPN has the full 2023-24 Wichita State Shockers Regular Season NCAAM schedule. Includes game times, TV listings and ticket information for all Shockers games.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      My bad. If we win the next 6 games - not 5. If we have W's over Missouri, Richmond, KU, and K State and finish in the top 3 in the AAC, we have a chance or an atr large. About the size of that chance of winning the next 6 - I believe there's a line from a movie that goes like this, "So, you're saying there is chance".

In my defense, ESPN doesn't list our game against K State. I just saw that KU was in the next 5. I won't be predicting a W in that game.

ESPN has the full 2023-24 Wichita State Shockers Regular Season NCAAM schedule. Includes game times, TV listings and ticket information for all Shockers games.
      Im more pessimistic than most but IF we win the next 6 and are AAC Top 3 we would be an at large lock.. not just a chance. IMO even winning the next 5, losing to KU and then AAC Top 3 will likely get us in.

Now I agree the chances of that happening are pretty damn low

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

If we win our next 6 and finish top 3, we might have a chance at an at-large? We’d probably be ranked in the top 15 at that point. Not sure why you think going 12-1 in the non con with a win over KU and KSU and finishing top 3 in the conference would be a “maybe”. We’d be like 24-6 at that point and ranked.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Im more pessimistic than most but IF we win the next 6 and are AAC Top 3 we would be an at large lock.. not just a chance. IMO even winning the next 5, losing to KU and then AAC Top 3 will likely get us in.

Now I agree the chances of that happening are pretty damn low
          Well right now, KU has their hands full with 3-4 (0-4 on the road) Eastern Illinois.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Well right now, KU has their hands full with 3-4 (0-4 on the road) Eastern Illinois.
            Normally, I'm hoping for our OOC opponents to win all their games except when they play us... but not KU, I hope they lose every game the rest of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Normally, I'm hoping for our OOC opponents to win all their games except when they play us... but not KU, I hope they lose every game the rest of eternity.
              FIFY

78-65

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

If we win our next 6 and finish top 3, we might have a chance at an at-large? We’d probably be ranked in the top 15 at that point. Not sure why you think going 12-1 in the non con with a win over KU and KSU and finishing top 3 in the conference would be a “maybe”. We’d be like 24-6 at that point and ranked.
                It's the NCAA and it's WSU.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

How did I end up on the UNI board?

Comment

Excited to watch the game tonight. I think we get a close win.

Shockers - 68
                    Spiders - 63

Side note, I haven't talked myself out of a close game against KU and a win against KSU. I haven't been impressed with either team.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      At least ours is due to speculating on crazy amounts of wins, not "good losses". Now if we're still jabbering about at-large possibilities after going say, 3-3 in the next six games, then I would say we have been hit with FFF - Frostbite Falls Fever.
                      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        Yeah, and ....

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Yeah, and ....

Look, it's SkittleFarts! Taste the rainbow...
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

If we win every game from here on out we will be national champions.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I like that idea!

Comment

I triple checked the math .. and surprisingly .. it adds up!

Comment

Working...
                                X