• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RICHMOND (4-2) at WICHITA STATE (6-1) Pregame Discussion

Wednesday, Nov. 29 | 6:30 p.m. CT
    Wichita, Kan. | Charles Koch Arena

TV: ESPN+ (Shane Dennis & Bob Hull)
    Radio: KEYN 103.7 FM with Mike Kennedy & Dave Dahl

Not sure what to expect here. Richmond is better than Norfolk, but if we continue to actually pass the ball I like our chances. If we go back to a lot of one on one and standing around we lose.

I'm gonna be optimistic

Shockers - 76

Spiders - 71
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Shockers 77

Richmond 68
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Richmond is 4-2. There best win would seem to be an 82-65 win over UNLV in Daytona Beach, FL in their last game before Thanksgiving. Not sure how good UNLV is this year as they lost theri season opener to a 1-5 Southern University team. The Spiders' other 3 wins are over VMI, Sienna and Queens. These 4 teams are combined 6-17 on the season in D-1 games. So not a lot to go on there.

Richmond's 2 losses were 61-68 at Boston College and 59-64 to #18 Colorado in Daytona Beach, FL.

Richmond is shooting 50.3% from the field, 37.6% on 3Ptrs and 72.6% from the line.

Richmond's 5 opponents have outrebounded them on average by 36.2 to 33.8.

Richmond averages 14.5 assists per game vs only 8 turnovers per game.

#2 Jordan King, a 6-0 grad transfer from East Tennessee State leads them in scoring at 20.3 ppg while shooting 51.8% from the field including 17-36 (47.2%) on 3 pointers. He is an 85% free throw shooter. He is 2nd on the team in assists with 17 and in steals with 9 and only has 6 turnovers in 6 games. He is a averages 4.0 rebounds per game as well. Averaging 30.3 mpg.

#32 Quinn Neal, 7-0, 260 lb 5th year senior center, is scoring 14.2 ppg while shooting 62.7% from the field and 71.4% from the line. He leads the Spiders in assists with 25 and has only turned it over 9 times. That might indicate he is pretty good at kicking the ball out to open perimeter shooters. He leads the Spiders in rebounding at 6.2 per game. Averaging 24.8 mpg.

#24 Isaiah Bigelow, a 6-7, 205 lb grad transfer from Wofford, is averaging 10.2 ppg while shooting 62.2% from the field included 7-15 (46.7%) on 3 pointers and 72.7% from the line. He averages 4.3 rebounds per game. Averaging 19.3 mpg.

#3 DeLonnie Hunt, a 6-0 grad transfer from Wagner, averaged 9.3 ppg while shooting 40.6% from the field and 3-10 (30%) on 3 pointers and 72.7% from the line. He did not play in Richmond's last 2 games against UNLV and Queens. Not sure if he will be available to plays against the Shocks. Averaged 28.3 mpg in his 4 gamess.

#12 Mikkel Tyne, a 5-10 freshman guard, looks to a a have started the UNLV and Queens games in place of DeLonnie Hunt but has played on all 6 of Richmonds games. He is averaging 3.0 ppg while shooting only 26.9%/16.7% and is 2-2 from the line. He has 11 assistst to 4 turnovers and has 7 steals. Averaging 18.3 mpg overall but 25 mpg in the 2 games he as started.

#35 Aiden Noyes, a 6-7 redshirt sophomre, is aveaging 4.3 ppg while shooting 47.6% from the field including 5-14 (35.7%) on 3 pointers and is 1-1 from the line in 6 games. Has started all 6 games but only averages 15 mpg.

The above 6 players are the only players who have started for Richmond so far this year:

#4 Dji Bailey, a 6-5, 195 lb senior guard, averages 23.3 mpg off the bench. He is averaging 8.7 ppg on 65.6% from the field including 3-6 on 3 pointers.but is only 7-13 (53.8%) fron the line. Only averaging 2.5 rebounds per game but does have 12 assists to only 4 turnovers and leads the Spiders in steals with 10.

#21 Mike Walz, a 6-11, 250 lb sophomore center, looks to be the backup Quinn Neal. Averages 13.2 mpg. He is avreraging 4.7 ppg while shooting 68.6% from the field including 4-5 (80%%) on 3 pointers. He is 2-3 from the line on the season. Averages 3.2 rebounds per game.

#11 Jason Roches, a 6-5, 200 lb junior guard averaging 15.0 mpg. Almost all of his shots have been 3 pointers where he is 7-22 (31.8%). Averages 4 ppg and 1.3 rpg.

#9 Tyler Harris, a 6-7, 205 lb grad transfer from Western Carolina, averaging 11.8 mpg. He averages 2.8 ppg and 2.0 rpg. He does have 5 steals

These are the 9 players for Richmond who have played in all of their games this season (except DeLonnie Hunt as explained above).
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 26, 2023, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Those aren't terrible losses

Comment

77 to 72 Shoxs!
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

This could be our biggest test yet. Richmond has seen some pretty decent squads through the years. Can’t tell a lot by there wins but they’ve lost a couple of close ones to BC and a ranked Colorado team. Hope to keep seeing improvement. The coach seems to have them going in the right direction…

Comment

Checking in from Richmond! Expecting a good game. You guys are by far our toughest opponent to date (we should've beat Colorado.....) Looking forward to it!

Comment

Originally posted by CH_Spider View Post
                  Checking in from Richmond! Expecting a good game. You guys are by far our toughest opponent to date (we should've beat Colorado.....) Looking forward to it!
                  I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Colorado is better than we are. But I appreciate the sentiment.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I'm not going to wish you luck. I'm going to hope both teams play well and that WSU comes out on top. After that....

Comment

We still don't know who we are quite yet. I think your team is going to go a long way in helping us understand that, one way or the other.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Comment

To me these stats are far more reveling than an individual player +/- number since the include the contributions of att 5 guys on the courts at any one time. Interesting that the least effective of these 5 combinations (small sample size as Taylor points out) is the usual starting lineup.

Comment

The Spiders' fourth leading scorer and 2nd most in minutes per game is out.

Comment

Working...
                              X