NORFOLK STATE (4-2) at WICHITA STATE (5-1) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

They have pretty much always announce tickets sold for a very long time now.
    Almost surprised that they don't make it "season tickets" sold plus "individual tickets" sold for a game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Of that group, I’ll take Terrance Flowers as my 2
      How many years did he last on bad teams? I’m not saying that Bell is a good PG, because that’s not his main position, but every guard I mentioned rarely played or was marginal on BAD WSU teams, when the MVC LEAGUE was bad (decade of the 90’s). Bell is playing out of position, and we will see how good the team is at the end of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

This is one of those games that Mills was referring to as "its better to play a D2" type games. We would need to win by like 40 for it not to hurt our metric rankings because Norfolk was ranked almost 300 in KenPom
        How do they go about ranking everyone to start the season? Just off of last year final standings?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

How many years did he last on bad teams? I’m not saying that Bell is a good PG, because that’s not his main position, but every guard I mentioned rarely played or was marginal on BAD WSU teams, when the MVC LEAGUE was bad (decade of the 90’s). Bell is playing out of position, and we will see how good the team is at the end of the year.
          I think Terrance was here 2 years and was a regular starter. I’ll have to look up his stats now.

Edit - Terrance averaged 13 pts and 4 boards as a sophomore, shooting 33% from 3. Averaged 16 mpg as a freshman. Something must have happened his jr year, maybe he transferred mid season, which was not uncommon back then.
          Last edited by Dan; November 26, 2023, 04:07 PM.

Comment

I think Terrance was here 2 years and was a regular starter. I’ll have to look up his stats now.

Edit - Terrance averaged 13 pts and 4 boards as a sophomore, shooting 33% from 3. Averaged 16 mpg as a freshman. Something must have happened his jr year, maybe he transferred mid season, which was not uncommon back then.
            My memory recalls he pulled a gun on a teammate and he was kicked off the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post

My memory recalls he pulled a gun on a teammate and he was kicked off the team.
              I thought that was Michael Wiggins

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

How do they go about ranking everyone to start the season? Just off of last year final standings?
                Last season weighs in to start while adjusting for losses and additions. As the season goes along that data gets weighed less and less. I think it's mid December that it it's fully phased out

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Last season weighs in to start while adjusting for losses and additions. As the season goes along that data gets weighed less and less. I think it's mid December that it it's fully phased out
                  I just refuse to believe we are not as good as the likes of Kent St, Missouri St, Cornell or a 2-4 frickin Northern Iowa team racked 20 ahead of us.

I know, Kung Wu, I know. Be patient.

I'll drop it and stop bitching.

Comment

I just refuse to believe we are not as good as the likes of Kent St, Missouri St, Cornell or a 2-4 frickin Northern Iowa team racked 20 ahead of us.

Yea data is still wonky for sure. We are getting killed in metrics for playing shitty teams so far.

For instance here is our KenPom opponents:

W: 176, 185, NR, 301, 167, 293

L: 39

UNI for example:

W: NR, 90

L: 74, 160, 13, 47

UNI jumped nearly 40 spots due to beating Stanford. They played 74 UNT to OT, they lost by 2 to 47 Texas Tech. We have only played one team higher than 167 in KenPom and we got obliterated. Then we didn't beat the shitty teams by as much as we should have (301 Coastal Carolina by only 9 hurts). As painful as it is to say, its not hard to see why UNI might have better metrics than us at this point. We haven't beaten anyone of note at all.

Comment

I thought that was Michael Wiggins
                      It was.

And it was "JUST A HAND EXERCISER!!"

lmao
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

It was.

And it was "JUST A HAND EXERCISER!!"

lmao
                        The irony of that is Flowers was a very good player who was a pain in the ass and Wiggins was an okay player who was well liked by all.

Comment

• Yeah, Wiggins was a pretty cool dude, actually.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Comment

• Here is a link to Eldridges stories on the game, and a story on Beverly right blow that. 2 stories, one link:
                              Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

After today's games, WSU is 93 and UNI dropped all the way to 125

Missouri state down to 104

Cornell down to 112

Kent State down to 119

Comment

Working...
                                X