NORFOLK STATE (4-2) at WICHITA STATE (5-1) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post
    Wichita looks cold tonight. 60° here in Scottsdale might have to put on socks. Cheers
    Oh yeah! Well last week it was in the 70's and I was BAREFOOT walking in the ocean. So There! But yes it was not nice in Doo Dah last evening.

Comment

• I have been watching the body language of Cortes the last couple games. It sure seems like someone who expects to be playing soon. But what do I know.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Love the bench reaction…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

I see what you did there
            Winning is fun and they did just enough last night to get the W.
            The defense at times was not there, but then again a half empty gym against a lower level team will do that. Have to be mentally tough in games like this.

Although NSU was not a gimme team. They certainly have some athletes and will do well in the MEAC.
            The game certainly reminded me of the infamous Alcorn State game. A team that plays lethargic can lose anytime they take the court.
            However, there is a different coach calling the shots now and there was also a difference result.

It gets a bit more difficult from now on.
            Richmond lost a lot from last years team, but still has talent. Missouri follows after the Spiders.
            Thinking they can get both games before focusing on finals week?
            Hmmmm.

That is all.
            Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post

Oh yeah! Well last week it was in the 70's and I was BAREFOOT walking in the ocean. So There! But yes it was not nice in Doo Dah last evening.
              I was in town 10 days ago and was mowing my parents leaves with shirt off. Was nice! Even hit that damn Doo Dah Diner to see what everyone talks about on ESPN. Not bad!

Comment

• ““Harlond can see things other players can't," Mills said. "It's not just seeing, but can you deliver? He does a good job of, not only seeing, but delivering. Great vision.

Beverly turned into a four-star recruit at Montverde (Fla.) Academy and chose Miami (Fla.) over Baylor. He remembered Mills' scholarship offer. He remembered the ORU offense, which showed out in 2021 with NCAA Tournament wins over second-seeded Ohio State and seventh-seeded Florida.

When he entered the transfer portal after three seasons – one limited by injury – at Miami, joining Mills was an easy decision.

"The coaches know what they're doing in practice, they really put us all in the right position," Beverly said. "I feel thankful I'm a part of things."”

https://goshockers.com/news/2023/11/...-spartans.aspx
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  I defy anyone to even reasonably predict the next 5 games. Almost any outcome is possible, but one of those possible outcomes is winning every one of those games, and that is something that a month ago I would have deemed completely laughable.
                  I agree. Any outcome is possible. However, of the 6 possible outcomes I think a 5-0 result is the least likely. As you say our margin for error is razor thin.

I will be more than satsified with a 3-2 result in these 5 games. My feelings about anything less than that will depend on how the Shocks play.

Comment

• Good scout good game plan by the coaching staff.

Comment

• One thing that the snowstorm did reveal was that at most the Shockers sold no more than 4,780 season tickets this year as that was the announced attendance.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        One thing that the snowstorm did reveal was that at most the Shockers sold no more than 4,780 season tickets this year as that was the announced attendance.
                        Are they announcing tickets sold or tickets scanned?
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                          Are they announcing tickets sold or tickets scanned?
                          Had to have been sold. Not even close to 4,700 there last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Had to have been sold. Not even close to 4,700 there last night.
                            They have pretty much always announce tickets sold for a very long time now.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

They have pretty much always announce tickets sold for a very long time now.
                              Almost surprised that they don't make it "season tickets" sold plus "individual tickets" sold for a game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Of that group, I’ll take Terrance Flowers as my 2
                                How many years did he last on bad teams? I’m not saying that Bell is a good PG, because that’s not his main position, but every guard I mentioned rarely played or was marginal on BAD WSU teams, when the MVC LEAGUE was bad (decade of the 90’s). Bell is playing out of position, and we will see how good the team is at the end of the year.

Comment

Working...
                                X