Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I hope Cortes is eligible at semester
    That would be the best situation it would allow bell to play to his strengths and not have to play the 1 and the 2 at the same time.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Can someone please explain to me how we win the game by 13 and drop to 104 Kenpom?

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
        Can someone please explain to me how we win the game by 13 and drop to 104 Kenpom?
        By not performing up to KenPom's expectations, and possibly the performances of our opponents and other teams around us in the rankings.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

By not performing up to KenPom's expectations, and possibly the performances of our opponents and other teams around us in the rankings.
          Well, that sucks. Looking at some of the teams ranked higher that us makes me want to puke.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Sure don’t want to take DR’s hustle for granted… on the post-game show with Mike Kennedy, HCPM said he was doing ok and was just banged up a little.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

That would be the best situation it would allow bell to play to his strengths and not have to play the 1 and the 2 at the same time.
                Bell can drive for sure, but not that excited about a 2 guard that can’t make 3 pointers

Comment

Can someone please explain to me how we win the game by 13 and drop to 104 Kenpom?
                  This is one of those games that Mills was referring to as "its better to play a D2" type games. We would need to win by like 40 for it not to hurt our metric rankings because Norfolk was ranked almost 300 in KenPom

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Bell can drive for sure, but not that excited about a 2 guard that can’t make 3 pointers
                    Just going down memory lane. Since we’re talking about weaknesses in guards, here’s some past WSU guards that will bring smiles to your memories (sarcasm). All started at least a portion of their career. None were very good shooters. A couple couldn’t hit a backboard from 20’. Some could hit a backboard, and rebound, but had zero handles, and couldn’t pass. A few were exceptionally slow, and couldn’t jump. Some were extremely quick, but had few other skills. I think we all agree that we wish Bell was better, than he is, but he could be worse. In fact, he's the Best we have right now. All of these guards below had bigger weaknesses than XB.

KC Hunt, Craig Steven, Terrence Flowers, Melvin McKey, Reggie Smithson, Matt Clark, Marvin Hill, Carl Lemons, and many more could be added.

Comment

• Matt Clark didn't shoot a lot, but he shot well from deep when he did. He had a career percentage over 40%. The great thing about Clark is he knew what he could and couldn't do and didn't try to be more than he was capable of.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Just going down memory lane. Since we’re talking about weaknesses in guards, here’s some past WSU guards that will bring smiles to your memories (sarcasm). All started at least a portion of their career. None were very good shooters. A couple couldn’t hit a backboard from 20’. Some could hit a backboard, and rebound, but had zero handles, and couldn’t pass. A few were exceptionally slow, and couldn’t jump. Some were extremely quick, but had few other skills. I think we all agree that we wish Bell was better, than he is, but he could be worse. In fact, he's the Best we have right now. All of these guards below had bigger weaknesses than XB.

KC Hunt, Craig Steven, Terrence Flowers, Melvin McKey, Reggie Smithson, Matt Clark, Marvin Hill, Carl Lemons, and many more could be added.
                        Of that group, I’ll take Terrance Flowers as my 2

Comment

• Went to the game tonight, was a pretty decent game overall. Crowd was sparse due to the big snow but it was still a vocal bunch. Pohto played more aggressive and took over when we needed him too, especially when our lead was cut to four. Ridgnal had a great first half, I like his game and effort. Ballard is fun to watch and he’s improving every game, seems more comfortable in what he’s doing. I really like Beverly, he’s really smooth and can spot up or take it to the basket. Bell was off tonight but had some assists and rebounds. Abbide had some good moments in the first half. We have some good offensive pieces but we need to buckle down more on the defense. All in all 6-1 ain’t bad…

Comment

Well, that sucks. Looking at some of the teams ranked higher that us makes me want to puke.
                            Patience grasshoppa. The rest of the schedule will tell us who we really are ...

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Thanks for all this.
                              Absolutely! Tireless and interesting stuff !! Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                HCPM outcoached the Norfolk coach with a lot of nice half time adjustments.
                                I see what you did there

Comment

Working...
                                X