NIL Money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockers Up View Post
    Mad Dog - I can’t help but disagree with your “Gradey Dick’s Mom” take. His parents are truly some of the good people out there. I coached 2 of their 4 kids and they were always very down to earth and more than realistic of their kids’ athletic ability. They were all for hard coaching and accountability. His mom is a multi time cancer survivor and never asked for anything from anyone. I can only imagine seeing her son achieve the success that he has makes her a little emotional!
    Fair enough. Although I doubt very few folks would know that backstory. So I’ll give the Dicks the benefit of the doubt. They sound like good people.

However I believe Meritrust could have made a better decision on how to approach that commercial. Most of us only know Grady Dick attended an expensive private school, went to KU where he had tremendous resources and visibility, and made the NBA. That’s not exactly a “Shocker” kind of experience.

Comment

• Agree 100%

Comment

• "Arch Manning made over $3.2 Million in NIL money this year as the Texas Longhorns backup QB"

Jesus...............................

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          "Arch Manning made over $3.2 Million in NIL money this year as the Texas Longhorns backup QB"

Really makes me feel good when a guy that needs money like him hits it big. Maybe he can buy his mother a house, lol

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post

Fair enough. Although I doubt very few folks would know that backstory. So I’ll give the Dicks the benefit of the doubt. They sound like good people.

However I believe Meritrust could have made a better decision on how to approach that commercial. Most of us only know Grady Dick attended an expensive private school, went to KU where he had tremendous resources and visibility, and made the NBA. That’s not exactly a “Shocker” kind of experience.
            I hadn’t seen the commercial, so I looked it up. Weird that they had a couple of actors playing “Young Gradey.” I would have thought that his parents probably had hundreds of hours of video on him growing up.

Talent:
            ”Gradey” Gradey Dick
            ”Carmen” Carmen Dick
            ”Young Gradey 1” Sebastian Patton
            ”Young Gradey 2” Noah Banister

Comment

"Arch Manning made over $3.2 Million in NIL money this year as the Texas Longhorns backup QB"

Also of note: Brock Purdy who might very well end up the MVP made 900k this year...

Yea the college game has gone off the rails

Comment

Actually he took nothing this year as recommended by his family, who told him not to take it untill he starts playing. I'm not positive, but doubt he started taking it after his short stint in one game this year.
                The Manning family is not going to be influenced with nil.

But Ewers is above the 2 million range from what I understand. Why go pro with cash like that. Couple million for about 13 games vs. About the same as a pro for what, 20 games?

Sorry, but I'm a longhorn football fan almost as much as a Shox hoops fan, so I stay tuned on everything longhorn football.
                Last edited by Atxshoxfan; December 20, 2023, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• So the Manning family elected to not take the money cause they're so sure he makes it to NFL money? What about injury, not drafted, covid or alien invasion? I'm confused...
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Actually he took nothing this year as recommended by his family, who told him not to take it untill he starts playing. I'm not positive, but doubt he started taking it after his short stint in one game this year.
                    The Manning family is not going to be influenced with nil.

But Ewers is above the 2 million range from what I understand. Why go pro with cash like that. Couple million for about 13 games vs. About the same as a pro for what, 20 games?

Sorry, but I'm a longhorn football fan almost as much as a Shox hoops fan, so I stay tuned on everything longhorn football.
                    As ol RDR would have said…

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Careful, you could be penalized .

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Is Ricky still kicking? Loved that guy.

Comment

• Yes, last I heard he had a pot smoking gym in California. But that was a couple years back. He shows his face on LHN from time to time though.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Is Ricky still kicking? Loved that guy.
                            Maybe Cold knows. RDR knew him.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                              So the Manning family elected to not take the money cause they're so sure he makes it to NFL money? What about injury, not drafted, covid or alien invasion? I'm confused...
                              No he elected not to take the money because his family already has enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

No he elected not to take the money because his family already has enough.
                                I believe they told him not to take it untill he starts playing. Maybe as a starter, but not positive on the detail of when they give their blessings to start taking it.

But like you said. I think the Mannings are in pretty good shape financially.

Comment

Working...
                                X