No announcement yet.

NIL Money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope this is the case. I'd love to see the professional student athletes break away. As far as the non-P5 they would still have their own tourney and hopefully some sanity could be restored in the transfer rules or by student athlete contracts with their respective schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
      Did anyone else see a story that the NCAA is discussing an option for schools to be able to pay student athletes? ( Not NIL money) .....Also something about a new division for P5 schools.
      just curious if I was dreaming.
      NCAA president proposes new Division I tier where schools can pay athletes

Comment

• It almost feels like that there is some sort of initiative to "transfer the wealth" to a younger P-5 worthy athlete. Like pay 'em. Pay 'em a bunch of money to set them up for life even if most don't get to the pros making millions. Like some sort of political movement or something. The tv money given to the P-5 universities can do that. The others just can't keep up anymore. Idk....

If that's part of the agenda...I guess go for it! If the P-5 breaks off and Wichita St is not a part of that...then so be it. The best of the rest is okay with me at this point. The arms race...the transfer bs and the NIL thing is just dumb and ruining the game for tons of fans. I'd be happy (not happier mind you) being one of the best of the rest. Maybe a reset is needed at this point. Idk...

Gawd somebody stop me for even thinking that way.....but whatever....it is what it is I suppose.
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

NCAA president proposes new Division I tier where schools can pay athletes

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireSt...sion-105388728
          If this comes to pass, the division below the P5 will be nothing but a farm system for the P5. The P5 doesn’t have to play by the same rules and there will be no restrictions on transfers up to the new level. I would not be surprised if the P5 division would be allowed to poach players at the fall semester break and have them be eligible for the start of the spring semester.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post

If this comes to pass, the division below the P5 will be nothing but a farm system for the P5. The P5 doesn’t have to play by the same rules and there will be no restrictions on transfers up to the new level. I would not be surprised if the P5 division would be allowed to poach players at the fall semester break and have them be eligible for the start of the spring semester.
            Might the P5 park players at non-P5 schools for development & PT, either formally or informally?

Comment

If this comes to pass, the division below the P5 will be nothing but a farm system for the P5.
              Nothin new from today.

Comment

• I’m having a deja vu moment; sorry if posted previously…

All 85 Utes football players received a new Dodge 1500 Ram truck; they get to keep (use) as long as they remain on scholarship. Just what an 18 year old kid needs. SMH!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                  I’m having a deja vu moment; sorry if posted previously…

All 85 Utes football players received a new Dodge 1500 Ram truck; they get to keep (use) as long as they remain on scholarship. Just what an 18 year old kid needs. SMH!

But they will go broke paying the $300/month insurance bills.

Is this where I should duck and cover?
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• WBJ - Wichita credit union adds NIL deals with pair of Kansas State basketball standouts

Meritrust Credit Union announced partnerships Thursday with both Kansas State University's Ayoka Lee, the NCAA Division I women's basketball single-game scoring record holder, and Cam Carter, a rising player on the men's team.

As with Meritrust's NIL agreement with University of Kansas quarterback Jalon Daniels, the credit union said the partnership is focused on aiding student-athletes in better understanding money management, with education and mentorship as key components.
                    The Wildcats’ Den, an NIL collective which serves K-State student-athletes, facilitated the agreements.
                    Interesting that KU and KSU seem to have more NIL success in Wichita than Wichita State does. Maybe that has more to do with their NIL Collectives doing more to get them deals?
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      WBJ - Wichita credit union adds NIL deals with pair of Kansas State basketball standouts

Interesting that KU and KSU seem to have more NIL success in Wichita than Wichita State does. Maybe that has more to do with their NIL Collectives doing more to get them deals?
                      Yeah what is up with Meritrust anyway? I go way back with them to when they were the Boeing WICHITA Credit Union. Aren’t they a Wichita company? How do they not find a way to make commercials with Shocker athletes?

And finally, the last of my rant, have you seen the latest commercial with Grady Dicks mother crying in the commercial? Gag me! How pathetic! That alone is about enough to make me pull my money out of that organization.

Comment

Yeah what is up with Meritrust anyway? I go way back with them to when they were the Boeing WICHITA Credit Union. Aren’t they a Wichita company? How do they not find a way to make commercials with Shocker athletes?

And finally, the last of my rant, have you seen the latest commercial with Grady Dicks mother crying in the commercial? Gag me! How pathetic! That alone is about enough to make me pull my money out of that organization.
                        They are partnered in SOME way with WSU .. but don't appear to be doing NIL that I can find.

Comment

• If I had money there, I would be moving it elsewhere.
                          Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• Not even going to ask......

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                              I’m having a deja vu moment; sorry if posted previously…

But they will go broke paying the $300/month insurance bills.

Is this where I should duck and cover?
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Mad Dog - I can’t help but disagree with your “Gradey Dick’s Mom” take. His parents are truly some of the good people out there. I coached 2 of their 4 kids and they were always very down to earth and more than realistic of their kids’ athletic ability. They were all for hard coaching and accountability. His mom is a multi time cancer survivor and never asked for anything from anyone. I can only imagine seeing her son achieve the success that he has makes her a little emotional!

Comment

Working...
                                X