• Show
Clear All

• Stickboy46
    replied

Thats not a good sign.

Leave a comment:

• MadDog
    replied
    I thought Ballard played pretty well. Everyone else not so much. I did not like the way Beverly left the court on one leg. I would think with a sprain he’d be trying to put some weight on it. From the replay it didn’t look like he rolled it which concerns me. If he’s out for an extended period this is going to get real ugly. Joy looked lost and not ready to play.

Leave a comment:

• Shock Top
    replied
    Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
    On 3 pt we were 2-14 for 14% and Liberty was 14-40 for 35%
    That’s with one guy going 7-12 as well

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Their shots were set and in rhythm from passes within their offense. Ours were one on one (or in some cases one on three) pull ups for the most part.

Leave a comment:

• Aargh
    replied
    Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    The most glaring difference I saw between our players and theirs is our players look to score. Their players look to get the ball to teammates in the best position to score.
    That's not completely unexpected considering the Shox have a new team and a new system and Liberty has mostly returning players in an established system. Getting players out of the portal is like getting JuCos, unless you're getting cream of the crop guys out of the portal. It's going to take some time for new players to get the plays under control without thinking about what to do next. We've seen that with JuCo players for years.

Tonight just looked like multiple players having simultaneous brain farts and that broke the offense down completely. Liberty was the quickest team we've seen this year. Things that worked against previous teams didn't work against Liberty. Instead of finding ways to make plays work, the reaction was to go one-on-one.

I don't know how much we can blame Pohto for his arguably miserable game. His rebounding numbers are on him. Numbers is wrong - that's a plural. Number is only correct when 0 is included as a number. His lack of offense might be because he hardly ever touched the ball. It does seem like I seldom saw him working effectrively to establish a position where eh could get the ball.

Pohto seems to be like a baseball pitcher. He needs 3 days rest between starts.

Leave a comment:

• forevershockerfan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• forevershockerfan
    replied
    Only Around 13 teams now are 4-0. But can we beat ST. LOUIS 134 WSU 120 KenPom?

Leave a comment:

• RoyalShock
    replied
    Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    They had no problem preparing for us and our size
    I started watching when we were up 23-19. I saw no effort from that point on to get the ball inside other than to drive and force. Not difficult to prepare for that.

Leave a comment:

• asiseeit
    replied
    They had no problem preparing for us and our size

Leave a comment:

• RoyalShock
    replied
    The most glaring difference I saw between our players and theirs is our players look to score. Their players look to get the ball to teammates in the best position to score.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Not a good match up for the Shocks tonight. Thought we might try a zone or two? We need to get out of here with 2 wins. Hoping Beverly is okay soon, very soon.
    Feels like a Zone would have probably made it way worse with the way Liberty passed the ball quickly and shot a 3. Zones are better for cutting off drivers.

Leave a comment:

• Ta Town Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    Coach has a lot of coaching to do
    Coach looked as lost as the players tonight.

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    Box score for the Liberty Flames vs. Wichita State Shockers NCAAM game from November 17, 2023 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

Kenny 0 rebounds

Leave a comment:

• Husker4Shockers
    replied
    If that's the brand of basketball Paul Mills brings you can count me out. Did the Wichita State bench have a coach there tonight? That was pathetic and allowing it to continue was even more pathetic.

Leave a comment:

• Ta Town Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Maybe they were tired.
    ​​​​​​When will the excuses stop, especially this one. They are 20 year old kids. We're not the only team in the country that only goes 7 deep.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X