Gal Mekel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gal Mekel

has lost us 2 games because he wanted to be the hero. how many more can he lose us?

Re: Gal Mekel

Originally posted by dofo20
    has lost us 2 games because he wanted to be the hero. how many more can he lose us?
    are you for real serious? If i remember correctly PJ had the ball and he passed to Gal with 3 seconds to go.
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

GM must have told Gal to be the hero, because the last two possessions were called from the bench...

Comment

Re: Gal Mekel

Originally posted by dofo20

Gal said the final play was run to get the ball to either him or Hatch. PJ threw it to Gal so Gal had to take the shot. Gal also said he shot the ball with 3 seconds left to make sure that if he missed, the team might have a chance to get another shot up before the game ended.
        "You can observe a lot just by watching."
        -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Mekel

Why pick on a particular player or play. This team is challenged offensively. Look how many times they brought the ball down the floor in the game & used up the 35 sec clock without getting off a good shot!

Comment

thats funny, this whole time I kept telling myself that if the shockers could make just a FEW more of those FREE throws then they would have about three more wins this year.

Quit trying to look for one particular reason. If you havn't noticed WSU isn't very good this year. Just enjoy what you can from the rest of this season and look forward to next.

Comment

I don't have a problem with the last shot, I have a problem with the turnover, and only then because it's the same mistake Gal has made for the last year and a half: He drives in, trying to make a play, and he LEAVES HIS FEET, which then forces him to make a pass - which 9 times out of 10 is a BAD one.

At times this year, it's looked like he'd finally figured that out, but he seems to lapse back into old habits. We (the 118/30 crew) call them "D****it Gal" moments.

As frustrated as I am at those decisions, I have to admit that he's a heck of a player, and I hope these are just the necessary growing pains.

:clap: :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :clap:

Comment

dofo bringing something to the table finally.. just watch out for the Gal Defense Team to swarm in for the intercept.

Originally posted by HockeyShock
                I have a problem with the turnover, and only then because it's the same mistake Gal has made for the last year and a half: He drives in, trying to make a play, and he LEAVES HIS FEET, which then forces him to make a pass - which 9 times out of 10 is a BAD one.

At times this year, it's looked like he'd finally figured that out, but he seems to lapse back into old habits. We (the 118/30 crew) call them "D****it Gal" moments.
                Very solid post.

Seriously is newshock and ripemeupshox the same person? They say the exact same thing in different threads. The only thing throwing me off is that newshock has slightly better typing skills than rip. Only slightly though.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                  dofo bringing something to the table finally.. just watch out for the Gal Defense Team to swarm in for the intercept.

Originally posted by HockeyShock
                  I have a problem with the turnover, and only then because it's the same mistake Gal has made for the last year and a half: He drives in, trying to make a play, and he LEAVES HIS FEET, which then forces him to make a pass - which 9 times out of 10 is a BAD one.

Very solid post.

Seriously is newshock and ripemeupshox the same person? They say the exact same thing in different threads. The only thing throwing me off is that newshock has slightly better typing skills than rip. Only slightly though.
                  look man i dont just defend Gal i defend the whole team. They are my team and i will give him my 100 percent support. You should learn it sometime

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                    look man i dont just defend Gal i defend the whole team. They are my team and i will give him my 100 percent support. You should learn it sometime
                    That's fine and dandy, but you should also learn to accept the negatives our team has, especially when we are 8-8 and 1-4 in the Valley. Stop being a blind homer all the time. Only looking at the good makes you look retarded. Basketball is about the good and the bad. Some things you have to accept. No one on the team is perfect... especially when the L's start piling up. It doesn't make me any less of a fan to question the moves and decisions of any of our players and call out the mistakes they may have made.

Figure that out and you may be able to enter the human race sometime again.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I can't wait for some competition for Gal next year.

Im pissed about the TO too but the shot was givin to him by PJ. It would appear that possibly nobody else on the team wants to step up to take the shot. More character changing that needs to be done after the season.

Comment

That's fine and dandy, but you should also learn to accept the negatives our team has, especially when we are 8-8 and 1-4 in the Valley. Stop being a blind homer all the time. Only looking at the good makes you look retarded. Basketball is about the good and the bad. Some things you have to accept. No one on the team is perfect... especially when the L's start piling up. It doesn't make me any less of a fan to question the moves and decisions of any of our players and call out the mistakes they may have made.

Agree 100% with what you said.

Comment

Gal's turnover was a costly one for sure...and a bad one, BUT it wasn't entirely his fault. Where the hell was Mantas going? For offensive balance and as a safety, someone should pretty much always be in the vicinity of where he was going with that pass. In fact, it would have created a pretty good look if Mantas wouldn't have crashed into the pack in the lane.

Comment

look i didnt say this team was that good, but what i did say is im going to give them my 100 percent support, because at this point that all we can do.

Comment

From what I've seen, Gal is good at what he does. sure the kid makes mistakes, but it seems to me like he's getting better. Keep in mind, he just went from being an option to a go-to guy. How many real clutch guys do we have on this team? Heck, how many guys do we have on this team that can go all game? Gal has nobody behind him. We've established Wendell isn't a scorer. Hatch doesn't run the point. Bret Michael, as much as I like the guy, has yet to take a shot in a game, mostly because he is smart enough to know that's not his job.

Let's face it, we're all hurting from the loss, and looking for something to blame it on. Me? I blame it on no Shocker. The refs maybe threw it, but our players are doing their best. Gal is not Kobe, MJ or Larry Bird. We have to live with that. He'll get it figured out...
                              Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                              Students > Alumni
                              If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                              The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Working...
                              X