Gal Mekel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever
    When Gal decides to not be selfish and looks for the extra pass, he is usually successful. That's the problem though. It never seems like he's looking for it, but rather to go 1 on 3 by himself in the lane. That's where the biggest problem lies.

Gal, being ranked 10th and 11th, in assists per game and assist-TO ratio in the Valley doesn't really legitimize anything. There's 10 true starting point guards in the league, one for every team. And Gal ranks on the lower end of all the teams.

I dunno how being around the Top 10 in terms of those stats really means anything. Top 3, yes. Top 5, ok. Top 10, weak.
    ok mr. know it all, since you dont think gal should be out there, then i guess you should be the one making 750,000 a year and coaching this team.
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
      ok mr. know it all, since you dont think gal should be out there, then i guess you should be the one making 750,000 a year and coaching this team.
      Ok, Mr. Caped Crusader, I know our options our limited, being without Matt and all. Gal is having to take on a bit more responsibility since Matt went down. For some reason, he seems to feel the need to bring everything upon himself and do extra - which usually leads to the bad decision-making.

I think another player or two could help out more in the PG role. I never said there was a more suitable replacement at the PG. The thing that gets me though is you not being to realize that Gal is not a good PG, trying to mask all his faults and setbacks, and trying to act like Gal is the most "amazing" player on the floor and does no wrong. That's where you/ripemupshox/same person? doesn't look like the sharpest knives in the drawer.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Ok, Mr. Caped Crusader, I know our options our limited, being without Matt and all. Gal is having to take on a bit more responsibility since Matt went down. For some reason, he seems to feel the need to bring everything upon himself and do extra - which usually leads to the bad decision-making.

I think another player or two could help out more in the PG role. I never said there was a more suitable replacement at the PG. The thing that gets me though is you not being to realize that Gal is not a good PG, trying to mask all his faults and setbacks, and trying to act like Gal is the most "amazing" player on the floor and does no wrong. That's where you/ripemupshox/same person? doesn't look like the sharpest knives in the drawer.
        First off im not the one in the cape. Second off me and ripem shock is a different person. And yes i know Gal is not a perfect player, but keep in mind he is trying to adjust to the PG position at the D1 level. He has only been playing it full time for his 5 game. I dont know about you but i think he has improved every game which is good sign. Yes he makes mistakes, Phil T still makes mistakes and he is a senior. Do you not notice he goes for the pump fake 75 percent of the time and then ends up fouling him cause of it. What im basically trying to say is yes maybe Gal deserves some critiism, but i dont think he deserves all of it . We have other players that make just as many mistakes as Gal does. But you fail to realize it.
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

When Gal decides to not be selfish and looks for the extra pass, he is usually successful. That's the problem though. It never seems like he's looking for it, but rather to go 1 on 3 by himself in the lane. That's where the biggest problem lies.

Gal, being ranked 10th and 11th, in assists per game and assist-TO ratio in the Valley doesn't really legitimize anything. There's 10 true starting point guards in the league, one for every team. And Gal ranks on the lower end of all the teams.

I dunno how being around the Top 10 in terms of those stats really means anything. Top 3, yes. Top 5, ok. Top 10, weak.
          By your standards, Matt is also weak. As long as you are consistent, that's fine.
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

First off im not the one in the cape. Second off me and ripem shock is a different person. And yes i know Gal is not a perfect player, but keep in mind he is trying to adjust to the PG position at the D1 level. He has only been playing it full time for his 5 game. I dont know about you but i think he has improved every game which is good sign. Yes he makes mistakes, Phil T still makes mistakes and he is a senior. Do you not notice he goes for the pump fake 75 percent of the time and then ends up fouling him cause of it. What im basically trying to say is yes maybe Gal deserves some critiism, but i dont think he deserves all of it . We have other players that make just as many mistakes as Gal does. But you fail to realize it.
            Dude just dont even bother with him. You keep using valid points and stats or things of that nature and he just keep falling on the same points with nothing to back it up. The both of you just need to agree to disagree already. nobody cares except you two at this point so just take it to pm if you just cant let it go. I'm addressing you this time newsshock1234 because I already tried shockerfever once and he just isnt going to let it go . So now I ask you to be the bigger man and let it go and just let him have the last word.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
              Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
              I add this:

2. In general, the newcomers have disappointed - Griskenal, Ellis.

8. Currently, the team is playing without a competent point guard.
              RDR:

2. Ramon Clemente has not disappointed me. I didn't know what to expect from Hatch but I am not disappointed in his contribution.

8. WSU has a competent point guard. WSU does not have a great point guard. Look at the MVC stats:

ASSISTS
              ## Player-Team Cl G Assists Avg/G
              -------------------------------------------------
              1.Mullins, Bryan-SIU....... JR 16 83 5.19
              2.Emmenecker, Adam-DU...... SR 15 77 5.13
              3.Moore, Gabe-INS.......... SR 15 70 4.67
              4.Holsinger, Jason-UE...... JR 15 68 4.53
              5.Dotzler,Josh-CU.......... JR 15 63 4.20
              6.Fuehrmeyer,Justin-MSU.... SO 17 69 4.06
              7.Richardson,Boo-ILS....... SR 16 62 3.88
              8.Braeuer, Matt-WSU........ SR 12 42 3.50
              9.Laurie,Spencer-MSU....... SR 17 56 3.29
              10.Mekel, Gal-WSU........... SO 16 52 3.25
              11.Johnson,Dom-ILS.......... SR 16 51 3.19
              12.Maniscalco, Sam-BU....... FR 17 50 2.94
              13.Crouch, Jeremy-BU........ SR 17 48 2.82
              14.Stinnett,P'Allen-CU...... FR 15 33 2.20
              15.Couisnard, PJ-WSU........ SR 16 35 2.19

ASSIST/TURNOVER RATIO (Min. 3.0 assists/game)
              ## Player-Team Cl G Asst Avg Turn Avg Ratio
              ---------------------------------------------------------------
              1.Richardson,Boo-ILS....... SR 16 62 3.9 18 1.1 3.44
              2.Dotzler,Josh-CU.......... JR 15 63 4.2 30 2.0 2.10
              3.Emmenecker, Adam-DU...... SR 15 77 5.1 40 2.7 1.93
              4.Fuehrmeyer,Justin-MSU.... SO 17 69 4.1 36 2.1 1.92
              5.Johnson,Dom-ILS.......... SR 16 51 3.2 28 1.8 1.82
              6.Mullins, Bryan-SIU....... JR 16 83 5.2 47 2.9 1.77
              7.Moore, Gabe-INS.......... SR 15 70 4.7 42 2.8 1.67
              8.Holsinger, Jason-UE...... JR 15 68 4.5 42 2.8 1.62
              9.Braeuer, Matt-WSU........ SR 12 42 3.5 28 2.3 1.50
              10.Laurie,Spencer-MSU....... SR 17 56 3.3 39 2.3 1.44
              11.Mekel, Gal-WSU........... SO 16 52 3.3 43 2.7 1.21

Matt is a better point guard than Gal this year. If Matt returns, we will have more options and should be a better team (depending on Matt and his health). To say that Gal is not a competent point guard is just silly. To say he is a great point guard would be equally silly.

Think about this. If Gal were playing on a different MVC team with better talent around him, I'll bet you would "hate" him for the passes he made which made the Shocks look bad. Here are the comments on Gal's assist to ... Mantas (??) behind the press for the dunk.

CU4LIFE: that dunk was a step down from P's dunks.

CU4LIFE: Pierce, what are you doing? PLAY DEFENSE.....

CP JAY 07: How does someone get that wide open behind the press.
              I don't want to pick at nits with you.

As I said, not much purpose is served by beating up on the team or a single player.

Gal is exactly what his stats reflects he is. Nothing more and nothing less.

Comment

RDR: No problem; I think we substantially agree (but I wish to put a positive spin on things (e.g. RC's play).) As far as Gal is concerned, I'm looking forward to seeing next year's team; I don't know who Marshall will pick for starting point guard, Gal with his experience playing with the team or Clevin Hannah (“Clevin is a true point guard who has done nothing but win his entire career,” Marshall said. http://www.goshockers.com/ViewArticl...ATCLID=1312307)
                Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by RipEmUpShox
                  Originally posted by SubGod22
                  Even his teammates aren't sure what he's going to do sometimes. Like when he brings the ball up the court and dribbles around for 10 seconds only to force up a bad, contested shot with never looking to pass.

If you're going to leave your feet you HAVE to know what you're going to do with the ball and where it's going. That's one of the biggest things with Gal and we seen it late last night.

Gal has the ability to be a good player. But his basketball IQ is sometimes lacking. One of these days he'll learn.
                  "Seriously, DO YOU EVER SHUTUP?"
                  I hope Sub never shuts-up. Sub doesn't need me to stick up for him, but I will anyway. Sub is one of only a hand full of people on ShockerNet that knows his shat when it comes to basketball. I don't know Sub. I've never met Sub. But I've been reading his posts since the old Shocker forum, and he knows what the hell he's talking about. So, DON'T EVER SHUT-UP SUB.

Now to the business at hand. GM is a sophomore. Sophomores make mistakes. GM makes mistakes. GM will be better next season. And he'll be better the season after that.
                  "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks
                    Originally posted by RipEmUpShox
                    Even his teammates aren't sure what he's going to do sometimes. Like when he brings the ball up the court and dribbles around for 10 seconds only to force up a bad, contested shot with never looking to pass.

If you're going to leave your feet you HAVE to know what you're going to do with the ball and where it's going. That's one of the biggest things with Gal and we seen it late last night.

Gal has the ability to be a good player. But his basketball IQ is sometimes lacking. One of these days he'll learn.
                    "Seriously, DO YOU EVER SHUTUP?"
                    I hope Sub never shuts-up. Sub doesn't need me to stick up for him, but I will anyway. Sub is one of only a hand full of people on ShockerNet that knows his shat when it comes to basketball. I don't know Sub. I've never met Sub. But I've been reading his posts since the old Shocker forum, and he knows what the hell he's talking about. So, DON'T EVER SHUT-UP SUB.

Now to the business at hand. GM is a sophomore. Sophomores make mistakes. GM makes mistakes. GM will be better next season. And he'll be better the season after that.
                    Thanks for the compliment. I try.

Fever - I know RipEmUpShox and newshock1234, or at least who they are. I can guarantee you that even though there are many similarities with them on here, they are two seperate beings. Take that for what it's worth.

I forget who posted it but someone basically said Gal is what he is. He was definitely over hyped when he arrived in Wichita. He's a good player. He does make some stupid decisions at just the wrong times and that's one reason he stands out so much when it comes to these things. He is just a soph. and I hope he can continue to grow as a player and increase his basketball IQ. Time will tell. Thankfully, next year we look to have a PG that can step in and play and relieve Gal of those duties so he can spend his time as the SG where I think we'll all agree he plays better.

I think I've already said much of this but I'm still recovering from my two freaking hour drive to do one lousy game. So forgive me if it's a bit repetitive.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s

Dude just dont even bother with him. You keep using valid points and stats or things of that nature and he just keep falling on the same points with nothing to back it up. The both of you just need to agree to disagree already. nobody cares except you two at this point so just take it to pm if you just cant let it go. I'm addressing you this time newsshock1234 because I already tried shockerfever once and he just isnt going to let it go . So now I ask you to be the bigger man and let it go and just let him have the last word.
                      You can add your name into the mix also. You obviously seem to care. He brought up stats. I refuted them correctly by pointing out that being at No.11 in the league in those stats is meaningless. Obviously you don't understand the definition of the word "relative".

The only thing you bring to the table is Mr. Mediator. That's fine and everything and I appreciate your efforts, but it seems you like to dodge the issue at hand and worry more about being the Shockernet police.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Fever - I know RipEmUpShox and newshock1234, or at least who they are. I can guarantee you that even though there are many similarities with them on here, they are two seperate beings. Take that for what it's worth.

I forget who posted it but someone basically said Gal is what he is. He was definitely over hyped when he arrived in Wichita. He's a good player. He does make some stupid decisions at just the wrong times and that's one reason he stands out so much when it comes to these things. He is just a soph. and I hope he can continue to grow as a player and increase his basketball IQ. Time will tell. Thankfully, next year we look to have a PG that can step in and play and relieve Gal of those duties so he can spend his time as the SG where I think we'll all agree he plays better.

I think I've already said much of this but I'm still recovering from my two freaking hour drive to do one lousy game. So forgive me if it's a bit repetitive.
                        I believe you, because frankly, you never tell a lie on this board, and your knowledge meter on this board is through the roof. So yes, somehow, some way, I believe newshock and ripemup are two different human beings.

Nice solid on post as well.

Newshock and ripemup fail to realize that while I know that this isn't Gal's typical role and a lot more has been put on his shoulders. I'm aware of this. They just don't see how frustrating the errors and mistakes he makes are and are trying to erase all of that just because he has no experience.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

You can add your name into the mix also. You obviously seem to care. He brought up stats. I refuted them correctly by pointing out that being at No.11 in the league in those stats is meaningless. Obviously you don't understand the definition of the word "relative".

The only thing you bring to the table is Mr. Mediator. That's fine and everything and I appreciate your efforts, but it seems you like to dodge the issue at hand and worry more about being the Shockernet police.
                          Add my name into the mix for what? What the hell are you talking about and what list? I care because im tired of your posts. You just want to stir **** up and make beef with anyone who has differing opinions. I dont know what me knowing the meaning of the word relative has anything to do with anything. Again man what the hell are you talking about? I dont see the word relative even used until you accuse me of not knowing what it means. Again its just you talking out of you ass with no damn context. Your accusing me of dodging the issue although you dont say what issue it is im dodging. Again no context and I have no idea what your talking about here. I can tell you what my issue is and thats that he keeps feeding the troll that is you. I don't have an issue as far as gla is concerned. Its clear your issue is a personal one with him and its really seems like its less about gal and more about you spewing your retardation for everyone to see. I wish I was the shockernet police. If i was we wouldnt have to listen to your nonsense posts anymore. I've never used or cared about having an ignore option on any forum of anykind until you came along and started this mess. And you just wont let it go. There seems to be a difference in both you and newshock1234 posts when you address one another. He is coming with valid points and info trying to discuss the subject of gal and you are just trying to argue and usually result to calling him names and acting like a child trying to impress the other kids on the playground. I'm done messing with it. Its a waste of my time and at this point i'm just feeding the troll that is you. I'm just asking that you either take part in teh discussion like a reasonable mature adult and or just let it go. Your not willing to do either so I guess I just have to let it go. You win.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town
                            thats funny, this whole time I kept telling myself that if the shockers could make just a FEW more of those FREE throws then they would have about three more wins this year.

Quit trying to look for one particular reason. If you havn't noticed WSU isn't very good this year. Just enjoy what you can from the rest of this season and look forward to next.
                            Y'all should listen to Ta town. This is the best response of anyone, you'll be a lot happier in the long run. We'll be pretty good in a couple of years. Who knows, maybe next

Comment

Add my name into the mix for what? What the hell are you talking about and what list? I care because im tired of your posts. You just want to stir #### up and make beef with anyone who has differing opinions. I dont know what me knowing the meaning of the word relative has anything to do with anything. Again man what the hell are you talking about? I dont see the word relative even used until you accuse me of not knowing what it means. Again its just you talking out of you ass with no damn context. Your accusing me of dodging the issue although you dont say what issue it is im dodging. Again no context and I have no idea what your talking about here. I can tell you what my issue is and thats that he keeps feeding the troll that is you. I don't have an issue as far as gla is concerned. Its clear your issue is a personal one with him and its really seems like its less about gal and more about you spewing your retardation for everyone to see. I wish I was the shockernet police. If i was we wouldnt have to listen to your nonsense posts anymore. I've never used or cared about having an ignore option on any forum of anykind until you came along and started this mess. And you just wont let it go. There seems to be a difference in both you and newshock1234 posts when you address one another. He is coming with valid points and info trying to discuss the subject of gal and you are just trying to argue and usually result to calling him names and acting like a child trying to impress the other kids on the playground. I'm done messing with it. Its a waste of my time and at this point i'm just feeding the troll that is you. I'm just asking that you either take part in teh discussion like a reasonable mature adult and or just let it go. Your not willing to do either so I guess I just have to let it go. You win.
                              Wow. Judging by that 5-paragraph essay, you do care. And that's what I meant about adding your name to the list... the list of people who care. If you didn't care, you wouldn't be all over my jockstrap every time I post.

In regards to dodging the issue, you are. You're ignoring the whole Gal discussion and concentrating soley on me and newshock, instead of interjecting anything useful into the discussion.

You're obviously not a bright one as well. His stats are meaningless because a No.11 ranking in the category is poop. That's like saying oo.. congrats on winning second place in a race... of 3 people. It's not worth bragging about.

If your briefs are getting pulled too tightly into this, then ignore me. I could care less. But judging by your constant, page-long responses, I doubt you can do it.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Darn, I had hoped that the Gal thread had been lost in cyberspace. :whistle:
                                Looks like its ShockFever, dofo20 and wxkid23 vs. t7017, RipEmUpShox and newshock1234 (the Caped Crusader Crew) with WuDrWu, Ricky Del Rio and SpanglerFan316 wearing the stripes. Let’s get ready to rumble!!!!!!!!!
                                :)

Independent, ad-free, uncensored comedy. Watch new episodes of Dimension 20, Um, Actually, Game Changer every week.
                                SFL is back!

Comment

Working...
                                X