WICHITA STATE (4-0) vs LIBERTY (3-0) Pregame Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I think he'd get a few minutes at SG, but probably less than 10 a game outside of foul trouble. It's not a fair evaluation, but when he did get in last year he just didn't bring much to the court, especially on defense.
    To be fair .. neither did Abidde

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

To be fair .. neither did Abidde
      Abidde's athleticism and motor, especially for his size, was always on display. And he didn't play tentative. Just needed to get his head wrapped around the game.

We didn't see enough of Ricks to know for sure, but what I saw was that he seemed content to hang out on the 3pt line on offense and let his man around him on defense. Some of that could have been coaching. But I certainly didn't expect as much from him this year as I did from Abidde.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Does anybody else have "LIBERTY LIBERTY LIIIIB-erty" playing in their brain over and over and over? I can't get that freakin commercial jingle out of my head!! DAMN YOU LIBERTY MUTUAL!!!
        I do now.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          Does anybody else have "LIBERTY LIBERTY LIIIIB-erty" playing in their brain over and over and over? I can't get that freakin commercial jingle out of my head!! DAMN YOU LIBERTY MUTUAL!!!
          No, I didn't. .........Damn you kung.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

With seeing how much the other guys have improved from last year .. I'm not sure we have the data to say that. I sure didn't expect Abidde or Bell to be playing at the level they are.
            That was my first thought too. HCPM and his staff have found ways to motivate and improve players that hadn't shown much before this season. However, Ricks left after working with the new coaches so I wonder if he just wasn't going to get there.
            I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Did we pick up a recruit right after Ricks left?
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

That was my first thought too. HCPM and his staff have found ways to motivate and improve players that hadn't shown much before this season. However, Ricks left after working with the new coaches so I wonder if he just wasn't going to get there.
                The initial announcement was that he was on a leave of absence for personal reasons. That could mean a 100 different things. Who knows what was going on with Jalen.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

The initial announcement was that he was on a leave of absence for personal reasons. That could mean a 100 different things. Who knows what was going on with Jalen.
                  I'm inclined to go with what one poster said he had heard - that Ricks wasn't comfortable with some of the team rules.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Having spent five years stationed in the Carolina’s I always wondered about boiled peanuts. Stopped at a roadside place and the nice lady gave me a bunch to sample. A few were enough for me. Real mushy with a slight peanut flavor but also kind of a hint of cooked Navy beans. One more thing I won’t have to wonder about

Comment

However I can recommend a Blue Moon and Key Lime pie at Drunken Jacks in Murells Inlet

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                        Having spent five years stationed in the Carolina’s I always wondered about boiled peanuts. Stopped at a roadside place and the nice lady gave me a bunch to sample. A few were enough for me. Real mushy with a slight peanut flavor but also kind of a hint of cooked Navy beans. One more thing I won’t have to wonder about
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

My prediction:

Shockers…80
                          Cucks…….75

i think the Liberty Cucks should be their new team name, BTW.

Comment

Size matters.

Shox by 10

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                              Same with me. Did a trade show in Myrtle Beach. Couldn't decide whether to eat shell and all, or try and remove the shell. Nothing worked. A mystery to me.

Comment

Patty???

Comment

Working...
                                X