WICHITA STATE (4-0) vs LIBERTY (3-0) Pregame Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wichita State is +3.5 this morning.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Hmmm

Comment

78 to 65 Shocks!
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

My glass is always half full

Comment

Someone talk me off the ledge of wanting to put a huge bet on the over at 140.5.

Comment

defend the 3 point line and use our size to our advantage are the 2 biggest factors

Shox 65
              Liberty 63
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
                Someone talk me off the ledge of wanting to put a huge bet on the over at 140.5.
                You missed out. It was 134.5 last night. I think both teams hit 70 points tonight. WSU defense hasn't been exactly stellar in terms of points allowed. I think our lack of depth is apparent in the last ten minutes of this game. We probably keep it close but come up a few points short. Hope the guys prove me wrong though. This team just isn't well equipped for back to back games.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

You missed out. It was 134.5 last night. I think both teams hit 70 points tonight. WSU defense hasn't been exactly stellar in terms of points allowed. I think our lack of depth is apparent in the last ten minutes of this game. We probably keep it close but come up a few points short. Hope the guys prove me wrong though. This team just isn't well equipped for back to back games.
                  If you're gonna post something negative, you hafta finish it with "Go Shox!" I think that's a rule.......

Comment

To nobody's surprise, this team is better coached than under IB and more fun to watch offensively. I'm still not jumping into the deep end with some of you as we've yet to play much competition. I haven't seen Liberty play this year, but they're generally a pretty solid bunch. Depth is still a concern and I have a feeling Liberty is going to try and exploit that.

Flames - 74
                    Shox - 68
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Emu and Doug - 73
                      Good Guys - 81
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Gotta feeling we will get a basketball lesson tonight losing 76-69...............but go shocks

Comment

It kind of cracks me up to see how the proverbial naysayers and the proverbial sunshine pumpers are saying basically the same things, but with different tones. Saying "we might be better this year than some of you were thinking" isn't declaring we're going to be conference champions. Saying "I'm not jumping in the deep end" isn't a statement of we suck miserably and we might as well stop trying. Having both types makes the board a lot of fun to read, even if it leaves me shaking my head and chuckling at times. Love both types!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I can truly say this is the first time in a few years I've been actively excited for a game. Have never missed watching any, but the past few years had zero excitement. Do I think this team is an NCAA team? As of now - probably not, but boy it's exciting watching a team who are clearly well coached and enjoy playing with each other.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                              Small can also mean hard for our bigger guys to keep in front of and defend.

It's not impossible to win this one. I think we at least keep it competitive, but ultimately come up short.

Regardless I will root for our Shocks until the final buzzer sounds! #GoShox!
                              Bolded part also leads to foul trouble. If we can stay out of foul trouble, I think we have a decent chance. Especially if we keep shooting decent from 3. If we get even 1 player in foul trouble, it can unravel very quickly.

Comment

Shox by 90
                                "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                                Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

Working...
                                X