No announcement yet.

Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunardi's Bracketology drops us from a 5 all the way to a catastrophic 6. Armageddon!!!

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

The one thing I do like more about Lunardi is that he seems to evaluate the whole picture. He realizes 2 losses to Top 100 teams as not being disaster and recognizes the hiccups of a college basketball season. Jerry Hack Palm, on the other hand, goes in extreme fits and really penalizes the mids. They aren't allowed to lose, in his eyes. That's why last week we were a 4 seed in his bracket and in a week's time we fell to an 8 seed. For a Top 50 loss and a Top 100 loss on the road. That is why Jerry Palm, CBB, etc. are hacks.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I'm not concerend with where we are today, it's whether or not this team is going to figure out it's problems before it's too late. What I saw against ISU and UNI is not the same WSU team that reached a 19-2 record. I hope it's just one of those funks that teams go through and snap back out of because there's a lot of games left to play. We can overcome these losses but we can't afford to keep playing the way we have the last 2 games

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Lunardi's Bracketology drops us from a 5 all the way to a catastrophic 6. Armageddon!!!
        Lol
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• I don’t post all that much, so I don’t know if that makes me a more credible source or a less credible source. I obviously get the negative perception toward the MVC and that back to back to back losses in the MVC are viewed very poorly by the national media. But I just cannot believe that we are not still well above 50-50 for the tournament. I think we can lose @CU, @ISUb or @ISUr, and even if we only win two in St Louis we are in pretty easily – and that is certainly not what I am predicting. I trust in HCGM and believe this ship will be righted—Does anyone else agree? Am I just an eternal optimist with FSF? Or has this talk about needing to win out to MAYBE make the NIT been just because we are in troubling circumstances?
          I don’t want to engage in a discussion of will this ship be righted or won’t it. I think that is being hashed out every else on this site, but what does every one think needs to be done now to make the tournament?

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
            I don’t post all that much, so I don’t know if that makes me a more credible source or a less credible source. I obviously get the negative perception toward the MVC and that back to back to back losses in the MVC are viewed very poorly by the national media. But I just cannot believe that we are not still well above 50-50 for the tournament. I think we can lose @CU, @ISUb or @ISUr, and even if we only win two in St Louis we are in pretty easily – and that is certainly not what I am predicting. I trust in HCGM and believe this ship will be righted—Does anyone else agree? Am I just an eternal optimist with FSF? Or has this talk about needing to win out to MAYBE make the NIT been just because we are in troubling circumstances?
            I don’t want to engage in a discussion of will this ship be righted or won’t it. I think that is being hashed out every else on this site, but what does every one think needs to be done now to make the tournament?
            No, you are correct. I think the pessimism on here understandably concerns our ability to win 5 or 6 of 7 down the stretch, not what happens if we do.

If the tournament started today, we would squeak in. However, we are one more bad loss away from slipping to the wrong side of the bubble.

Comment

• Latest bracketology is up.

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Still safely in the tournament with a projected #7 seed. Interesting that it has all 3 Valley schools playing Big 12 schools. I see a 3-0 start for the Valley in this set up.

Comment

• i think the ind st game is the most important one left in reg season. HAVE to beat them
                for a split and not give pickers a reason to choose them over us. we WILL handle
                detroit at home. be nice to win at ill st also for a sweep over them.

Comment

• CBS has us and Indiana State in the last four in - 12 seed (play-in game)
                  CBS Sports is helping you get ready for March Madness with the latest news, picks, and predictions for the 2025 NCAA Basketball Tournament Bracket.
                  Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

• At this point I question if Jerry Palm even takes his bracket seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                      At this point I question if Jerry Palm even takes his bracket seriously.
                      I propose we stop posting that guy's projections here. Like I've been saying, he's nothing but an ignorant toolbag.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I never quite understood why the first guy to make the NCAA RPIs available to the public (at least, that's all I think Palm's claim to fame is) was suddenly considered an NCAA tournament selection expert. I've ignored Hairy Palm for years.

Comment

• Originally posted by hardyhar View Post
                          Latest bracketology is up.

Still safely in the tournament with a projected #7 seed. Interesting that it has all 3 Valley schools playing Big 12 schools. I see a 3-0 start for the Valley in this set up.
                          Love to see that OU match-up. That's a win against yet another B12 team that won't play here.
                          "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• Originally posted by hardyhar View Post
                            Latest bracketology is up.

We were a 7 in 2006 when we went to the S16. It is actually a much better seed then 5 with that nasty 5-12 upset thing (like last year). We need to hold serve for the rest of the season and fall in a 6 or 7 seed. I would be perfectly fine with that.
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              I propose we stop posting that guy's projections here. Like I've been saying, he's nothing but an ignorant toolbag.
                              If I recall you guys were saying this 3 losses ago when he said we weren't as good as a 5 seed. Well it appears we aren't as good as a 5 seed. I wouldn't count this guys prediction out...

Comment

• Originally posted by rialaigh View Post
                                If I recall you guys were saying this 3 losses ago when he said we weren't as good as a 5 seed. Well it appears we aren't as good as a 5 seed. I wouldn't count this guys prediction out...
                                Except the predictions are for right now, not what they think will happen at the end of the season. So yes, he's still an idiot.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X