No announcement yet.

WICHITA STATE (2-0) vs. FRIENDS (1-2) Game Thread 11/12/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or, they try to schedule a buy game or H/H with a decent to hood team and outside of potential cost, it does more for them.

Now, if for some reason you try and can't get the game above, then you settle for a game that doesn't matter so you can go through the motions
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      Or, they try to schedule a buy game or H/H with a decent to hood team and outside of potential cost, it does more for them.

Now, if for some reason you try and can't get the game above, then you settle for a game that doesn't matter so you can go through the motions
      I think one every year is probably ok. Looking at his past schedules at Oral Roberts, he's scheduled 2-4 non-D1 every year. Hopefully that's because it was Oral Roberts and not a trend. One is fine, anymore is no bueno.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I think one every year is probably ok. Looking at his past schedules at Oral Roberts, he's scheduled 2-4 non-D1 every year. Hopefully that's because it was Oral Roberts and not a trend. One is fine, anymore is no bueno.
        I agree that one is fine as long as you've at least tried to schedule a game that helps. If you're simply banking on playing an NAIA school every year simply because it's cheap, there are other issues.

Non D1 > 300+ NET

Non D1 < 175- NET

I'm sure ORU had more difficulties scheduling than we should. But non D1's should at least be considered as a last resort outside of the exhibition.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I agree that one is fine as long as you've at least tried to schedule a game that helps. If you're simply banking on playing an NAIA school every year simply because it's cheap, there are other issues.

Non D1 > 300+ NET

Non D1 < 175- NET

I'm sure ORU had more difficulties scheduling than we should. But non D1's should at least be considered as a last resort outside of the exhibition.
          You should read the article.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
            This

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
              lol, that expecting way too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

lol, that expecting way too much.
                Nothing in the article changes anything I've previously stated. Which is why I opted not to continue discussion. But, since your very intelligent post was made I figured maybe I should respond.

The only value a non-D1 game provides is it's cheap. It might let you kind of work on some new things against a way over-matched opponent but shows you nothing of real substance and is a barely a glorified practice. All things that were previously mentioned.

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Nothing in the article changes anything I've previously stated. Which is why I opted not to continue discussion. But, since your very intelligent post was made I figured maybe I should respond.

The only value a non-D1 game provides is it's cheap. It might let you kind of work on some new things against a way over-matched opponent but shows you nothing of real substance and is a barely a glorified practice. All things that were previously mentioned.
                  Is it less valuable in terms of working on some new things and getting a more extended look at reserves than a game against a 300+ ranked D-I would be? Without the damage it does to your NET ranking.

Plus in this case it sounds like HCPM wanted that 3rd game before going to Myrtle Beach and his options were Friends or..... not sure if he had any.

That said it does sound like we will have one of these each year although it may not always be an NAIA team. I can live with that. Would prefer no more than 1 in addition to the exhibition game.

Comment

I guess u are insecure - post was not even directed at you.

But you still missed the biggest point. You don’t take the NET hit while getting about the same thing out of playing a crappy team. Not that hard to understand.

Comment

But you still missed the biggest point. You don’t take the NET hit while getting about the same thing out of playing a crappy team. Not that hard to understand.
                      “Any idiot can point out the bad” or something like that.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I said it's better than playing a crappy team. My issue is it sounds like he wants to do this every year instead of even trying to find a decent game.

And the post you referred to was directed at me so I assumed your comment was as well. Not a giant leap for one to make.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                        X