No announcement yet.

WICHITA STATE (2-0) vs. FRIENDS (1-2) Game Thread 11/12/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game went pretty much how we thought….basically an open scrimmage. From what I’ve seen so far this season is a bit more team work and better shot selection. We’re not just cranking up 3s. I like Ballard. He’s a rim protector and he has good hands. Rodgers is a scorer and I like the way Abbides improved his game and seems to play with a lot of confidence. Photo needs to be more consistent and play bigger. I know he’s a finesse type player but he needs to play stronger. I like Ridgnal coming off the bench for a punch off the bench along with Abbide.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Still think this. I know nothing of this kid other than this game and have no idea the rules but I'd be poking around to see if he wants a walk on spot next year. Dude looked like has offensive skills and was feisty on defense
      I liked him too. Since he’s NAIA, maybe we can just bring him over at the semester and start playing him? He can be the Cortez we probably won’t end up with.

Comment

Ballard > Pohto rn
        Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

While Pohto has to find a way to get the ball in the hole, he is still able to put himself in position to take a (normally) high percentage shot almost at will. When it finally starts dropping for him he will be a force.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
            Ballard > Pohto rn
            Absolutely, and it’s not even close. Really impressed with Ballard. Meanwhile really disappointed with Pohto. Doesn’t seem to be “leading” much as told, and again, plays way too small. Needs more of the assistant coach’s attention

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
              A couple of things not game related…a friend of mine that hears we are getting a four star recruit for next year. Didn’t say who so I don’t think he had a name. The other thing was there was a group of young men on grey warm ups attending the game today. Any idea of who they were
              Doc? Shoxlax? 02?

Comment

I'd still give the edge to Pohto on the offensive end for his overall contribution. Ballard is massively better on the defensive end though.

Comment

He comes from France…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Wish we could throw out the stats on games like this as they just distort reality. Happy that Germany, Joy, Thengval and Mcbride got some minutes though. Hope XB, Ridgnal and IA can sustain their play vs higher level of competition. Myrtle Beach should give us a much better view of things.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Jacob Germany is pretty bad from the few times ive seen him out there especially for a grad transfer. I do like Joy tho, i hope he ends up finding himself into the rotation. With his wingspan, i think defensively he could end up being a pest.
                        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

I’ve been thinking this for a while but I don’t think he’s a good fit in the HCPM system. He’s a guy who can dominate a slower paced game when the offense is ran through him in the post and that’s the direct opposite of the tempo Mills wants. He’ll either adapt or go somewhere he can play like how we saw last year.

For those discussing him vs Ech and his pro potential, that’s reason 1 he won’t find a place in the NBA or a Euroleague level club. He is best when the game is slower.
                          Larry Bird moved at a snail's pace and dominated. Fred Van Vleet might be the slowest guard in the NBA but seems to manage with his $135 million dollar contract. BBall IQ > speed!

Comment

• Originally posted by Signman View Post

Larry Bird moved at a snail's pace and dominated. Fred Van Vleet might be the slowest guard in the NBA but seems to manage with his $135 million dollar contract. BBall IQ > speed!
                            Fred might be "slow" in a straight line standpoint but he's super quick with his change of directions (and pace) which is his bread and butter

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Fred might be "slow" in a straight line standpoint but he's super quick with his change of directions (and pace) which is his bread and butter
                              Don't disagree, but we might be saying the same thing. Reading what is around you and the ability to change pace/direction is bb IQ.

Comment

• Why Wichita State basketball scheduled non-D1 opponent, and why Shockers should continue

By playing a non-Division I opponent, WSU only has to cut a check for a fraction of the cost — it paid Friends $6,000 for Sunday's game — and its NET ranking is unaffected because the NET rankings do not count games against non-Division I opponents.

Consider the alternative: WSU brings in a low-major opponent, sends them $75,000 as guaranteed compensation (the going rate for WSU’s buy games), beats up on the overmatched competition and then watches its NET ranking take a hit — regardless of its winning margin — by playing a team ranked somewhere in the 300s.

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

Comment

Working...
                                X