No announcement yet.

WICHITA STATE (2-0) vs. FRIENDS (1-2) Game Thread 11/12/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well this game went as expected.. a chance to work on weak points..
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Can't gleam too much from this one. Basically another exhibition. But as mentioned, it served its purpose.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
        Did anyone hear who just called in on the radio show?

Please dear god tell me I’m ****ing hallucinating or something. It can’t be.
        I didn’t hear it. What was she calling about?

Comment

Joy has potential

Comment

Beverly didn't shoot well. But 6 rebs, 6 assists and 1 turnover is nice.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post

I didn’t hear it. What was she calling about?
              I’m not sure. I started spiraling as soon as I realized who it was.
              Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Box score for the Wichita State Shockers vs. Friends University Falcons NCAAM game from November 12, 2023 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

Comment

Hopefully PM got out of this what he wanted.

Glad to see them make some shots and FTs.

I think we’d be good if we were in the NAIA.

Comment

Forscore and 80 years ago, these 2 teams played a game of hoops.

It was about 3 minutes until the Shocks got a lead and about 9 minutes until they kept the lead. DR was phenomenal the first half. I wondered if he might start the 2nd half. We go 7 deep strong. Today gave all the other Shocks some time. Germany was okay and Joy is talented and far from bashful. Our 7 are our best 7 by far.

Two trends I'm thinking maybe will continue.. Our starters might continue be starters to start both halfs? Even so, Abidde and DR are phenomenal off the bench. Also, a mistake or 2 in a row doesn’t necessarily mean a player gets jerked right out of the game as we have seen in times past. We will see if this continues.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      4 on friends looks like he could be a D1 contributor.
                      Still think this. I know nothing of this kid other than this game and have no idea the rules but I'd be poking around to see if he wants a walk on spot next year. Dude looked like has offensive skills and was feisty on defense

Comment

Joy only 9 rebounds showing on stat sheet? Yikes!! That works and I overlooked him getting that many.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

A couple of things not game related…a friend of mine that hears we are getting a four star recruit for next year. Didn’t say who so I don’t think he had a name. The other thing was there was a group of young men on grey warm ups attending the game today. Any idea of who they were

Comment

Machine Gun Ighovodja >> Germany I may have to re-evaluate my opinion of Pohto as the sample size increases. If he can't make bunnies playing against guys 6" shorter than he is that is a problem.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Dalen only had 6 rebounds??? Seemed like he had 20. Dude is really impressive.

Comment

Was unable to watch or follow the game. HCPM mentioned after the WKU game that he wanted to install a couple of new things before Myrtle Beach. Did anyone see anything that looked like it was new in this game?

Comment

Working...
                                X