2023-2024 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
    The general fanbase is either ignorant or in denial if they think we have much talent.
    I think it’s worse than that. The talent we have is super detrimental with huge missing gaps. I started off frustrated with Mills, but the calmer I get and the more I pay attention, the more I think he’s nearly helpless to the actual execution. His job is to draw up open looks, it’s the players job to execute and make bunnies and open shots. They just don’t do that (or pass/dribble well).

not trying to be mean to existing players, I do like a couple of them for certain roles, but the makeup as a whole… yeeesh

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

I think it’s worse than that. The talent we have is super detrimental with huge missing gaps. I started off frustrated with Mills, but the calmer I get and the more I pay attention, the more I think he’s nearly helpless to the actual execution. His job is to draw up open looks, it’s the players job to execute and make bunnies and open shots. They just don’t do that (or pass/dribble well).

not trying to be mean to existing players, I do like a couple of them for certain roles, but the makeup as a whole… yeeesh
      I'm not sure he's drawing up all that much either. Or he's given up on this team being able to do anything he draws up because it's mostly the same ugh offense run each and every game.

At this point, I think someone getting open is an accident about 80% of the time.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Houston played one of the weakest non conference schedules in the country. They’re good. But they’re not No.2 good. They’ll rack up 6 or 7 losses in the big 12.
        Of course they'll probably lose 6-7 games, the big 12 is loaded with talented teams. Most teams in the conference will lose that many

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I'm not sure he's drawing up all that much either. Or he's given up on this team being able to do anything he draws up because it's mostly the same ugh offense run each and every game.

At this point, I think someone getting open is an accident about 80% of the time.
          if I recall right, taylor said somewhere that bc Colby’s the only one who can make a bucket, part of Mills plan is just to clear out space for him to iso. So I don’t think you’re far off on the comment of not drawing up stuff that the team doesn’t have the skills to execute

Comment

if I recall right, taylor said somewhere that bc Colby’s the only one who can make a bucket, part of Mills plan is just to clear out space for him to iso. So I don’t think you’re far off on the comment of not drawing up stuff that the team doesn’t have the skills to execute
            Passing, screening, and moving don't necessarily require skills. Those are things that are used to create openings and looks to exploit. If his whole offense at this point is to let Bell bull rush the lane and Rogers to try and create his own shot then there's really no point in watching the rest of the season because that's just shitty basketball.

It also shows a lack of imagination from the coaching staff if they've just thrown up their hands and said **** it!
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Passing requires patience, court vision and willingness. Our perimeter players don't have it. I have seen our bigs work hard to post up or break off the high screens only to be repeatedly ignored. We really struggle to get good looks. Pound it inside. Our big guys don't have great post moves but seldom get opportunities.

Comment

• Many moons ago, with kids in the early to mid-teens, I ran drills/scrimmages where once the offense gets the ball past mid court, they could no longer dribble the ball. They learned spacing, player movement, screening, and ball movement. They also had to have a certain number of passes before anyone could shoot.

Comment

Passing, screening, and moving don't necessarily require skills. Those are things that are used to create openings and looks to exploit. If his whole offense at this point is to let Bell bull rush the lane and Rogers to try and create his own shot then there's really no point in watching the rest of the season because that's just shitty basketball.

It also shows a lack of imagination from the coaching staff if they've just thrown up their hands and said **** it!
                  Uh oh...that's the main criticism of FHCIB, if I recall....you COULD have him here, no buyout, better players...:)

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

Uh oh...that's the main criticism of FHCIB, if I recall....you COULD have him here, no buyout, better players...:)
                    No thanks
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Three centers, no power forwards, 1 point guard who can't shoot, one combo guard, and 8 wings or shooting guards. By the time Mills got around to doing any recruiting, most of what was still available (or not already deciding from 4 or 5 offers)were some P5 castoffs or "decent" players from lower-level programs..
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

But Rogers is not good in iso. He's more a catch and shoot guy, or maybe dribble for a mid-range pullup. Even that has been cut off lately, and Rogers is not a goo ball handler. He doesn't have lots of turnovers, he just doesn't seem to have good ball control while dribbling.

Comment

Respectfully, have you seen our team pass? It is 100% a skill that very few on the team actually have.

Comment

• Is it Beverly who throws that underhand bounce pass that never gets more than about 18" off the floor? If that's what he's done his whole life, it doesn't matter much whether he's told not to do that, In the heat of a game, he's going to revert to old habits. It takes more than a few months to get players to change habits. That's why JuCo players didn't really "get it" until second semester or their Sr year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

Of course they'll probably lose 6-7 games, the big 12 is loaded with talented teams. Most teams in the conference will lose that many
                              KU won’t.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

So you’re one of those whacko IB apologists embarrassing themselves on Facebook?
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X