2023-2024 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creighton throttled Nebraska.

Chris Jans loses buy game to 1-6 Southern.

Comment

• It never disappoints me to see Pearl's Auburn team lose to a court fan rushing Alcorn State team. Loved it years ago when we beat Tennessee with him coaching. Turgeons team beat them after Tennessee made a lucky shot to defeat a Gregg Marshall Winthrop team. The Shocks had to avenge the loss for our future HOFFHCGM.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Bruce Pearl losing always warms my heart

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
          Bruce Pearl losing always warms my heart
          He gives sleaze a bad name

Comment

• Not sure where to put this, might need another thread.

88 in opening NET, 5th in conference. Feel better about where we are and where AAC is than I thought, TBH.

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

He gives sleaze a bad name
              Would be a good Weird Al Yankovic take on a Bon Jovi song!
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                Not sure where to put this, might need another thread.

88 in opening NET, 5th in conference. Feel better about where we are and where AAC is than I thought, TBH.
                Those are super wonky still

Indiana State is 22, Mcneese is 30, Louisiana Tech is 44, Umass Lowell is 46 .....

The bottom of the AAC is super woof... AAC is the 11th conference with an average NET of 160. For reference the Valley is 9th with a NET of 126

LOL: Here is how Indiana State got a 22 NET ranking

30 point win vs Saint Mary-Of-The-Woods College (yes that's real)
                22 point loss to Alabama
                39 pt win vs 1-6 IUPUI
                15 pt win over 2-5 Rice
                8 point win over 3-6 Pepperdine
                2 pt win over 3-4 Toledo
                29 pt win over 4-2 SIU
                8 pt win over 6-2 Bradley

Soooo has played 1 team that will likely be in ANY postseason and lost by 22 .. but blowing out trash teams gets them a 22 NET. So maybe instead of Friends we should schedule the worst team in D1 and just beat them by 40
                Last edited by Stickboy46; December 4, 2023, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Those are super wonky still

Indiana State is 22, Mcneese is 30, Louisiana Tech is 44, Umass Lowell is 46 .....

The bottom of the AAC is super woof... AAC is the 11th conference with an average NET of 160. For reference the Valley is 9th with a NET of 126

LOL: Here is how Indiana State got a 22 NET ranking

30 point win vs Saint Mary-Of-The-Woods College (yes that's real)
                  22 point loss to Alabama
                  39 pt win vs 1-6 IUPUI
                  15 pt win over 2-5 Rice
                  8 point win over 3-6 Pepperdine
                  2 pt win over 3-4 Toledo
                  29 pt win over 4-2 SIU
                  8 pt win over 6-2 Bradley

Soooo has played 1 team that will likely be in ANY postseason and lost by 22 .. but blowing out trash teams gets them a 22 NET. So maybe instead of Friends we should schedule the worst team in D1 and just beat them by 40
                  Agree with the above but wanted to flag that non-D1 games (e.g., Saint-Mary-of-the-Woods) do not count towards NET.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Agree with the above but wanted to flag that non-D1 games (e.g., Saint-Mary-of-the-Woods) do not count towards NET.
                    I know .. just put that in because the name of the college was too good to pass up

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                      Chris Jans loses buy game to 1-6 Southern.
                      And they lose it in unbelievable fashion. Southern went on a 15-2 run to close the game.

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• K-STATE leading Villanova at half 33 - 25
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• After leading at half, 42-39, #11 Florida Atlantic is down 7 to #20 Illinois with 10+ minutes left in the game.

Comment

• FAU loses to Illinois.

K-State and Villanova tied up with 50 secs left
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• It’s hard to listen to Jay Bilas for two hours. Mr. Smug.

Comment

• K-State beats Villanova in OT. Tylor Perry wins it for them

Comment

Working...
                                X