X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockrah View Post
    Eldridge's Player Predictions for the Season:
    https://news.yahoo.com/ten-bold-play...ycsrp_catchall
    HOLY HELL he's optimistic. I hope he's right.

Comment

• Shocks win 77 to 64
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
        I think most are just being realistic. Not an indictment on HCPM or the program as a whole, just the reality of the situation. Maybe we'll all eat crow and we finish top 3.
        As with everything in life, I think the true "reality" probably lies somewhere in the middle.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          WSU opens up at -7.5…..

Does that make any sort of sense?
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Our first game is the only Monday night game on our schedule. We haven't lost a Monday game since Kemba Walker got 10,000,000 phantom calls in a row to allow UConn to get the most miraculous comeback in all of sports history in 2010 (that is only the game of basketball or soccer in my entire life where I actually believe I observed a dirty referee). How in the hell is that 13 years ago already!?!?

We have never won a match on Nov 6. But we have lost one.

Lipscomb made it to the championship game of the NIT last year in 2018-19, and returns their top 4 scorers.

Lipscomb's Jacob Ognacevic in particular will kick the ever living snot out of us if our bigs don't shut him down.
            Last edited by Kung Wu; November 6, 2023, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              Our first game is the only Monday night game on our schedule. We haven't lost a Monday game since Kemba Walker got 10,000,000 phantom calls in a row to allow UConn to get the most miraculous comeback in all of sports history in 2010 (that is only the game of basketball or soccer in my entire life where I actually believe I observed a dirty referee). How in the hell is that 13 years ago already!?!?

We have never won a match on Nov 6. But we have lost one.

Lipscomb made it to the championship game of the NIT last year, and returns their top 4 scorers.

Lipscomb's Jacob Ognacevic in particular will kick the ever living snot out of us if our bigs don't shut him down.
              The NIT Championship game was UNT and UAB (All AAC Newbie final). I don't believe Lipscomb made the NIT?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

The NIT Championship game was UNT and UAB (All AAC Newbie final). I don't believe Lipscomb made the NIT?
                You are correct. I thought maybe he meant the Final Four, but then I pulled up the bracket and Lipscomb isn't to be found.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I see a lot of banter about going and getting the quality level of players we think we should be getting. Do we have the NIL warchest to accomplish that? Will we get caught in a catch-22 of "I won't contribute until I see improvement" even though lack of contributions can lead to making improvement difficult?

Part of me wants to see the system burn itself to the ground, with about half of those hanger-ons in the P5 getting their asses torched in the process. The arms race of NIL deals, perks, and fancy facilities to me is just at an insane level. Is college athletics a bubble that will burst for all but a handful of colleges?

The arena reno from twenty years ago was around what, 25 million? And we thought it to be a huge investment, and for us, it was. But in the scope of what happens at the P5 schools, it was just pissing in the wind money. K-State's ongoing upgrades that were first announced in 2018 were north of $200 million. And yes, we have a lot of irons in the fire - softball stadium upgrades, reno of Cessna Stadium, and new or improved training and support facilities. How much more do we still need to do to stay in the hunt? What upgrades does Koch Arena need? What does baseball need? What do our Olympic sports need?
                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

You are correct. I thought maybe he meant the Final Four, but then I pulled up the bracket and Lipscomb isn't to be found.
                    I checked the schedule from last year, and they have no post season listed at all...

Comment

Ooooh, you are right, I misread it! It was back in 2018-19 they did that.

Actually that makes me feel a lot better about tonight.

Comment

Ooooh, you are right, I misread it! It was back in 2018-19 they did that.

Actually that makes me feel a lot better about tonight.
                        Yea, from what I can tell, the last time they made the postseason was 2019 when they unfortunately beat the McDuffie led Shockers in the NIT final four before losing to Texas in the finals

Comment

• I really don't know what to expect. That alone makes the game a bit more intriguing. My expectation us for a close game.

Comment

Yea, from what I can tell, the last time they made the postseason was 2019 when they unfortunately beat the McDuffie led Shockers in the NIT final four before losing to Texas in the finals
                            I have had my head hanging all week because I thought they went deep in the NIT last season. I now have hope for tonight, misguided as it may be. lol

Comment

I have had my head hanging all week because I thought they went deep in the NIT last season. I now have hope for tonight, misguided as it may be. lol
                              Whats going to happen on this board if we win by 35 and walk-ons in the last 4 minutes?

Comment

• Are they big?

Comment

Working...
                                X