Shockers vs Lipscomb (Monday, Nov 6th)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Chances are it wasn't WSU who let him down, although I unwilling to absolve Bijan of any personal responsibility either. Not sure when OU knew that Bijan would not be returning, but at whatever point that was, they would have little incentive to push him to make his grades. OTOH, WSU had all the incentive in the world to get Bijan eligible so is is unlikely they weren't pushing and helping Bijan all they could.
    If he's not in good standing when he leaves OU, it does impact their overall score and could potentially lead to loss of scholarships I believe if it were to fall too low. Now, with that said, they may be in such good standing that it was of little concern to them.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I remember that we once had a coach who said he preferred to have 3 point guards on the roster.

Comment

Disappointing but not surprising. I'm not holding out hope for him to be eligible at all this year if it requires any sort of waiver for 2nd semester (I don't know if its automatic or will still require approval). At this point in recruiting, if you have a player needing a waiver, you need to recruit as if that player doesn't exist. Going into the year with 10 Scholarship players and no PG is a really bad start. (though to be fair, Ricks leaving probably isn't something they could have known).

Comment

I apologize all and will commence my self imposed one month ban. The part I thought he was okay on is true but I never fathomed there would be a secondary issue.

Comment

I am willing to bet he never plays a minute for the Shockers.

Edit: Realize he can’t go JUCO. Still think he never plays here.
            Last edited by BOBB; November 3, 2023, 01:25 PM.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              I apologize all and will commence my self imposed one month ban. The part I thought he was okay on is true but I never fathomed there would be a secondary issue.
              No need for a self ban. Things like these never go as expected

Comment

The NCAA is so mad at KU for their transgressions that they are penalizing WSU by denying a transfer's eligibility.
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I know it's cool to be upset with the NCAA, but I think this has a lot more to do with Cortes and OU dropping the ball and failing to keep him eligible.

I wasn't completely sold on Cortes as the man to be a great PG, but he was still the only PG we had. Not having him is going to really harm the team this year. I may have to go back and look at the schedule, but 10 wins might be an accomplishment.

Can we finish top 10 in the conference?

Can we beat Lipscomb?
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    I know it's cool to be upset with the NCAA, but I think this has a lot more to do with Cortes and OU dropping the ball and failing to keep him eligible.

I wasn't completely sold on Cortes as the man to be a great PG, but he was still the only PG we had. Not having him is going to really harm the team this year. I may have to go back and look at the schedule, but 10 wins might be an accomplishment.

Can we beat Lipscomb?
                    Yeah, and I haven't done any digging on this, but I'm willing to bet the NCAA has approved eligibility for far lamer cases than this one. With the whole NIL/portal thing like the wild wild west, perhaps the academic standing thing is the only thing the NCAA has left to flex on.
                    Last edited by ShockBand; November 3, 2023, 02:30 PM.
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                      I am willing to bet he never plays a minute for the Shockers.

Edit: Realize he can’t go JUCO. Still think he never plays here.
                      I am sticking with my previous prediction that he would not eligible for the current fall semester, but will be eligible for the winter/spring semester. I base that on the information I have at my disposal with is absolutely nothing.

If he isn't eligible to play next semester than your bet that he never plays a minute for the Shockers may very well prove to be a winning bet.

Either way, based on what I learned about Bijan in Taylor Eldridge's recent article there is no assurance that Bijan will be the answer at point guard if and when he can play. He apparently has to make some significant changes to how he plays. But sometimes adversity makes you better and more focused and I hope Bijan uses this as motivation, becomes eligible ASAP , rebuilds his game and kicks ass for the Shocks.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 3, 2023, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        Disappointing but not surprising. I'm not holding out hope for him to be eligible at all this year if it requires any sort of waiver for 2nd semester (I don't know if its automatic or will still require approval). At this point in recruiting, if you have a player needing a waiver, you need to recruit as if that player doesn't exist. Going into the year with 10 Scholarship players and no PG is a really bad start. (though to be fair, Ricks leaving probably isn't something they could have known).
                        I don't know. But I will say this. If it were me, and after fall grades are posted he's "ok" with the NCAA regs, then **** it and just play him. What's the NCAA going to do? Somebody gonna run into the gym and pull him off the court? They gonna make us take down our 10th place AAC finish at the end of the year? Change the book to show 5 wins were actually losses?

Just play him and tell the NCAA to come get some. ****, send the NCAA video of him playing. They had more on KU and they got off without even a warning.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Can we beat Lipscomb?
                          Have to throw WSU in as part of the blame too. No single party to blame .. blame really doesn't matter though. He wasn't eligible when he signed with us .. we shouldn't have expected that to change.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I don't know. But I will say this. If it were me, and after fall grades are posted he's "ok" with the NCAA regs, then **** it and just play him. What's the NCAA going to do? Somebody gonna run into the gym and pull him off the court? They gonna make us take down our 10th place AAC finish at the end of the year? Change the book to show 5 wins were actually losses?

Just play him and tell the NCAA to come get some. ****, send the NCAA video of him playing. They had more on KU and they got off without even a warning.
                            I actually 100% agree with this after seeing what "happened" to KU. Lets pull out all stops and win a natty. Who cares if it gets "vacated" later

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I am sticking with my previous prediction that he would not eligible for the current fall semester, but will be eligible for the winter/spring semester. I base that on the information I have at my disposal with is absolutely nothing.

If he isn't eligible to play next semester than your bet that he never plays a minute for the Shockers may very well prove to be a winning bet.

Either way, based on what I learned about Bijan in Taylor Eldridge's recent article there is no assurance that Bijan be the answer at point guard if an when he can play. He apparently has to make some significant changes to how he plays. But sometimes adversity makes you better and more focused and I hope Bijan uses this as motivation, becomes eligible ASA , rebuilds his game and kicks ass for the Shocks.
                              I wasn't real excited when we signed him. He's the best PG we have on the roster .. but that doesn't mean he's going to be great. Just means he's the best out of necessity. Really looking forward to seeing how Mills handles that this year and in recruiting for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I wasn't real excited when we signed him. He's the best PG we have on the roster .. but that doesn't mean he's going to be great. Just means he's the best out of necessity. Really looking forward to seeing how Mills handles that this year and in recruiting for next year.
                                If we don't sign two PGs in this next class I'm going to be disappointed.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X