No announcement yet.

Closed Scrimmage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iowa won by double-digits according to a post on an Iowa fan forum, which cited Tom Kakert from hawkeyereport.com as the source.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
      Iowa won by double-digits according to a post on an Iowa fan forum, which cited Tom Kakert from hawkeyereport.com as the source.
      I prefer to interpret this to mean by 10 points and not 30 or more!

Comment

Originally posted by shocktown View Post

I think they were keeping score in the binary number system where 10 = 2 or 11=3. It just had to be, right?

Comment

How about this for a group of players IB had on his roster at the same time and what they're doing now:

Tyson Etienne - G League
          Dexter Dennis - 2-way NBA contract
          Craig Porter - 2-way NBA contract
          Ricky Council IV - 2-way NBA contract

IB was, apparently, unaware that he had a PG on his roster and chose to use a future G-League SG at the position.

That team went 15-13 and 3 of the 4 players listed above left at the end of the season. There are some things that should never be forgotten. Pearl Harbor, 9/11, and Joe Pleasant starting over Ricky Council IV.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Case in point

Five things we learned from Iowa basketball's secret scrimmage against Wichita State

https://247sports.com/college/iowa/a...ers-218693007/

I am sure some Shockernetter has access...but this has been out there for almost a day.

I read it all. Not much Shocker related stuff except saying WSU had one of if not the biggest frontlines Iowa would face, so I assume KP and Germany together.
            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by shocktown View Post

You would think if it was more than 20 they would have said so. Double digits makes me think it was probably between 10-15 points, which I think is fine considering WSU played without Cortes, Ridgnal, and Beverly.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                Not just here do we have lack of interest-there is college basketball apathy in general save for the fans of the teams that cheat and a small handful of other schools.
                talked to a young man (40) who has his Dad's tickets. Before that, they were his grandfather's tickets. He said he no longer cared about college basketball due to NIL, transfer rule, etc

Comment

WSU, like a lot of schools, is going to have to re-win the fanbase. The only way to do that is win games and compete for championships. Maybe a newer, younger fanbase will emerge to replace the old crusties.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    WSU, like a lot of schools, is going to have to re-win the fanbase. The only way to do that is win games and compete for championships. Maybe a newer, younger fanbase will emerge to replace the old crusties.
                    Good point, we do have our fair share of "crusties", but a youth 'movement' might involve lower ticket prices. Upper section $15-20 tickets versus $40... and consider giving FREE tickets to local clubs and organizations. Plant the seeds for the future.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Good point, we do have our fair share of "crusties", but a youth 'movement' might involve lower ticket prices. Upper section $15-20 tickets versus $40... and consider giving FREE tickets to local clubs and organizations. Plant the seeds for the future.
                      Are upper tickets really $40? I know I haven't been to a lot of games the past few years, but I'm not sure I ever paid more than $20-$25 for even lower bowl seats. If they're wanting $40 for upper bowl seats, they better be winning championships and making legit runs in March.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Are upper tickets really $40? I know I haven't been to a lot of games the past few years, but I'm not sure I ever paid more than $20-$25 for even lower bowl seats. If they're wanting $40 for upper bowl seats, they better be winning championships and making legit runs in March.
                        Probably a bit of a balancing act to not cannibalize season tickets in the future. Right now, the cheap seats are about 1500 for a season ticket pair (~500 per seat, plus 1 x 500 donation).. unless its changed. With 16 season ticket games, that's like 45 a ticket. If they start selling them consistently for 15-25 bucks you might get a bunch of people that don't really care about having guaranteed seats dropping season tickets and just buying them individually. Now I agree for games like this, they need to be lower, but I bet they have to account for trying to maintain that balance.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Yes. Monday AM the tix were $40. Nosebleed. Rogers State. Exhibition. Apparently a flash sale thru Wednesday. $20 for same seats. But you have to act by Wednesday. Or you miss the Rogers.

Exhibition.

Game.

Call me crazy. Exhibition? I would have dropped $10 tickets arena-wide to fill the damn thing up for the game. Hope the fans buy merch and concessions. Hope something exciting happens to bring them back next game and repeat the behavior of arena wide purchases. Then the arena is rocking again. Back to winning ways. Actually beating the better teams and the not so good teams at our place, instead of under performing. Looking forward to Selection Sunday. Knocking off a big name or two in the Tourney. And dreaming big about next season.

Consider the boat missed early.

Comment

A large part of the draw for live sporting events is the crowd and overall atmosphere. People can watch an exciting team from home and still enjoy the product, but a TV can't replicate being surrounded by thousands of passionate fans.

Filling CKA to capacity for every game should be a top priority for ADKS. Asking $40 for nosebleed tickets to an exhibition game against Rogers State does not seem conducive to a full house.

Comment

Maybe on Thursday they'll do another flash sale for $15. See where the threshold is for the market to bite.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Maybe it's just me, but not having a PG on the roster (unless you count Joy, I guess) should be concerning regardless of who is at the helm.
                                Concerning, maybe. Not dire as it would have been had IB still have been the coach. See Argh's post above regarding the playing of Joe Pleasant over NBA talent level players for example.

Comment

Working...
                                X